Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7 2009, 09:39 PM   #166
MPH
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

I wouldn't have though that no more than 100 would have been lost. Really good conclusion to the 1st part and it looks like the fleet will have to settle on Earth afterall as Galactica is falling apart. Was wondering what Tyrol was looking at first as I tought it was scratch marks.
Old February 7 2009, 09:39 PM   #167
Gregsmack
Captain

^ There was the guard that got shanked in the throat by Romo. Also, the four or five marines taken down by Kara and Lee.

Also, I just re-watched the episode and I would like to change my vote to excellent. Watching it last night with a group of friends and one of them insisted on talking through even the tensest of scenes. Very irritating. This time, however, I was very impressed.
Old February 7 2009, 09:52 PM   #168
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Chi'pok wrote: View Post

Question: has a total population count for the Colonies before the Cylon attack in the miniseries been established?
It hasn't been on screen, but RDM mentioned in the show bible that there were "something like" 50 billion people between the 12 planets.
Old February 7 2009, 10:05 PM   #169
MPH
Rear Admiral

It will be interesting to see the fall out of this episode such as the fate of some of the characters.My prediction will a olot of the marines may get a reprive except the ones that killed the Quarum im sure they will be airlocked. Narcho, Seelix ,Ractrack and the like will not be trusted again and probably thrown on that prison ship. I would like to see Kelly get his post back as he showed in the end where his loyalties lie.
Old February 7 2009, 10:11 PM   #170
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I voted excellent. It wasn't perfect, Adama recapturing the ship happened too quickly, but I realise that this was for dramatic purposes and dramatically this episode was fantastic. The final scene was perfect.

When I saw Roslin's scream in the promo I groaned at how silly it sounded, but seeing it in the episode made me want to cheer. It was a very well written episode and I am very, very pleased with this half-season so far. I really hope they can keep it up.
Old February 7 2009, 10:15 PM   #171
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Just watched this myself. Like many others I declare this episode...

Awesomeness. I did a massive "Yes!" to myself at the end when Gatea & Zarek were shot
Though the nod and smile they gave each other at the end was brilliant.

Also loved the bit of superbadass Starbuck & Lee shooting the guards. And Lee's grenade trick
"Never pulled the pin"
"Not funny"
"Yeah, would have been if you'd thought of it"
"No. Not funny"

Brent wrote: View Post
Oh Yeah, Romo killing that dude with a pen frakkin rocked!
How many shows have you seen where someone gets killed witha pen, hehe
On Angel, Angel killed a guy with a spoon!
Old February 7 2009, 10:16 PM   #172
Chi'pok
Lieutenant

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post

Question: has a total population count for the Colonies before the Cylon attack in the miniseries been established?
It hasn't been on screen, but RDM mentioned in the show bible that there were "something like" 50 billion people between the 12 planets.

Ok; that means that 99.9% of the colonies' population is gone. Wow. Down to 39,590 (let's say, including the people we saw die in the latest episode).

that's it. The last bastion of humanity.

Any population estimates on the Cylons? Rebel and non-rebel together?

Thanks; I'm just curious; it will be interesting to see where it ends up; I wish this show wouldn't end

Last edited by Chi'pok; February 7 2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: +parenthesis
Old February 7 2009, 10:28 PM   #173
species5618
Commodore

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post

IIRC, in one of the episodes since the show started back up on January 16, there's a scence where dialogue supports the figure of 50 billion. For some reason, I was always under the impression the population the colonies' population was around 20 billion before the attack.

As for 4x14 itself, I voted excellent. I would agree with one of the previous posters who said the 4x13/4x14 two parter was one of the best the series has produced.

edit: I just remembered where I heard the 50 Billion figure--it was in episode 4x12, during the argument Gaeta and Starbuck had in the mess hall--she said something along the lines of "50 billion people died and I'm supposed to feel bad about your leg?"
We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Colonel Saul Tigh

Last edited by species5618; February 7 2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old February 7 2009, 11:15 PM   #174
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I thought it was 20 billion as well.
Old February 7 2009, 11:20 PM   #175
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

I think in "The Resistance" webisodes, Tigh mentioned that the Cylons had killed 20 billion people. This was seemingly retconned to 50 billion.
Old February 7 2009, 11:22 PM   #176
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Ok; that means that 99.9% of the colonies' population is gone.
More like 99.9999%. With the 50 billion figure, the population is less than a millionth of what it was before the attack.
Old February 7 2009, 11:46 PM   #177
Hoshi_Mayweather
Fleet Captain

*Richard Hatch was amazing....(It's interesting, and cool that he was given such a prominent role in the re-imagined series...while he had such a prominent role in the original).

*Poor Gaeta....Poor Gaeta...(I won't spoil it for those who haven't saw the episode yet)...

*It was cool seeing Narcho again....(Sebastian Spence is cute! )

There are so many things going on, I'm hoping for a very nice wrap up that warrants a repeat viewing of the series....
Old February 7 2009, 11:54 PM   #178
Harvey
Admiral

Excellent.

Zarek sealed his death when he executed the quorum. Hatch gave a great performance as a man running out of options, until all he can do at the end is give one last look at Gaeta. True to form, the execution doesn't offer viewers any satisfaction.

It was nice to see Romo again, even in a small role. And Ty Olsson really stepped up to the plate as Captain Kelly in this episode.

Next week should be interesting. I can't imagine the fleet being all together as it was in season two--that never came to bloodshed. The wounds from this are going to last.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old February 8 2009, 12:07 AM   #179
Hoshi_Mayweather
Fleet Captain

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Next week should be interesting. I can't imagine the fleet being all together as it was in season two--that never came to bloodshed. The wounds from this are going to last.
I agree.

That's why this show has regained my interest.

Nothing is wrapped up all nice and tidy within the hour.
Old February 8 2009, 12:43 AM   #180
Paul
Lieutenant Commander

Lindley wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
Oh Yeah, Romo killing that dude with a pen frakkin rocked!

How many shows have you seen where someone gets killed witha pen, hehe
Last Crusade and the River Tam Sessions, obviously. Any others?
Grosse Pointe Blank!