RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,721
Members: 26,185
Currently online: 384
Newest member: lilliangamb

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old February 20 2009, 04:39 PM   #31
TheLonelySquire
Vice Admiral

Re: Shatner Taunts Takei

Magisterfrodo wrote: View Post
I disagree. I think Shatner is every big as rude and egotistical as he comes across in his post. His age may certainly be heightening it, but he needs to get off the air and out of the spotlight. It's just embarassing, and his attitude is becoming the exact opposite of the thing Trek stood for.

Nah, he's a man's man. He was in Trek and he is now. Takei is not. He's a whiner.
Old February 20 2009, 05:36 PM   #32
ancient
Vice Admiral

I think Shat is just enjoying the hell out of this because I don't think he's taking the whole fight all that seriously. Shat's just playing and hamming it up, as usual. Takei could be hamming up the fight a bit too, but I think he is more serious about the whole thing than Shat, since he's been stewing over Shat since TOS, whereas Shat didn't even remember Takei's name.
Old February 20 2009, 09:40 PM   #33
Garrovick

I'm on Shatner's side. Shatner, Nimoy and Scott moved on in life after Trek.

Those other three simply went to conventions year after year and repeated the same old sad story about how Shatner beat them up and wouldn't play games with them.

Old February 20 2009, 11:22 PM   #34
Markas
Captain

I have to agree with you. George's apparent unhappiness with Bill's ongoing success seems to chap his ass. The idea that you could carry around slights from 40 years ago seems a bit ridiculous.