Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old February 5 2009, 09:01 PM   #16
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Shatner Taunts Takei

Magisterfrodo wrote: View Post
I disagree. I think Shatner is every big as rude and egotistical as he comes across in his post. His age may certainly be heightening it, but he needs to get off the air and out of the spotlight. It's just embarassing, and his attitude is becoming the exact opposite of the thing Trek stood for.
Actually, he's ALWAYS had that attitude.

Nothing new here.
Old February 6 2009, 12:47 AM   #17
ancient
Vice Admiral

Shat and Takei both have huge egos. The difference between them was, Shat was the star and barely even noticed Takei, whereas Takei wished he were the star and constantly whined his ass off for 40 years about how Shatner (the star) was hogging glory and screen-time from him (the glorified extra who half the time wasn't even in an episode at all).

Well, excuse him, George. Even if the opening credits say "Starring William Shatner", and your name is nowhere to be seen, I guess he should just be bending over to please you anyway. Stop being such a drama queen, sometimes a show's star is self centered. Believe it or not. It's not a personal insult, it happens.

Anyway, personally I think Shat is justified in rubbing Takei's nose in it a little after all these years. That said, I'm not 100% sure this fued is as serious as they make it out to be. I have no doubt that there is bad blood between them, but it could be dramatized for our viewing pleasure a bit...

Old February 6 2009, 01:25 AM   #18
Ashu
Vice Admiral

View Ashu's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Ashu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashu

What a load of BillShat.

" Because no matter what the future holds, no matter how fat we travel, a part of us -a very important part- remains there, on the TrekBBS" - shamelessmcbundy
Old February 6 2009, 01:27 AM   #19
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Man I love this pissing match...the Shat is so righteous in his slights...LOL.
Old February 6 2009, 01:18 PM   #20
THE CHEBB
Captain

Same shat, different day...or should I say different Takei? O.K. whatever...
Old February 8 2009, 01:12 AM   #21
Adagio
Captain

I'm suddenly reminded of how I would hear a group of people shouting to another group the following:

"TETSUUUUOOOOOOOOO!"

"KANEEEEDDDDAAAAAAA!"
Old February 8 2009, 01:29 AM   #22
RandyS
Vice Admiral

Ashu wrote: View Post
What a load of BillShat.

Old February 8 2009, 05:34 AM   #23
Ashu
Vice Admiral

View Ashu's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Ashu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashu

RandyS wrote: View Post
Ashu wrote: View Post
What a load of BillShat.

I actually have "billshat" on a shirt. Cause im cool like that.

" Because no matter what the future holds, no matter how fat we travel, a part of us -a very important part- remains there, on the TrekBBS" - shamelessmcbundy
Old February 9 2009, 02:34 AM   #24
ArthurKing
Ensign

ancient wrote: View Post
Shat and Takei both have huge egos. The difference between them was, Shat was the star and barely even noticed Takei, whereas Takei wished he were the star and constantly whined his ass off for 40 years about how Shatner (the star) was hogging glory and screen-time from him (the glorified extra who half the time wasn't even in an episode at all).

Well, excuse him, George. Even if the opening credits say "Starring William Shatner", and your name is nowhere to be seen, I guess he should just be bending over to please you anyway. Stop being such a drama queen, sometimes a show's star is self centered. Believe it or not. It's not a personal insult, it happens.

Anyway, personally I think Shat is justified in rubbing Takei's nose in it a little after all these years. That said, I'm not 100% sure this fued is as serious as they make it out to be. I have no doubt that there is bad blood between them, but it could be dramatized for our viewing pleasure a bit...

I think this nuanced view is pretty much spot on, although I wouldn't go so far as to think it 'right' for a star to be egocentric; star!=egocentric asshole.

They both have big egos, they came from very different acting positions such that one ego seemed at least somewhat justified whereas the other seemed pathetic; they probably aren't one another's biggest fans, but then again, they are both actors and see the value in milking this, so yes, probably a mix of animosity and business savvy.

I think the record is pretty clear: this was Takei's issue originally; he clearly had some unresolved perceived 'hurts'. However, Takei was a fool to think that he could start the Shat and then just turn off the faucet. Once the shat gets started, it runs for a long time.
Old February 9 2009, 03:57 AM   #25
scottydog
Admiral

View scottydog's Twitter Profile

Whatever happened to 'if you can't say anything nice...' ?
Old February 9 2009, 04:31 AM   #26
Dar70
Rear Admiral

Magisterfrodo wrote: View Post
I disagree. I think Shatner is every big as rude and egotistical as he comes across in his post. His age may certainly be heightening it, but he needs to get off the air and out of the spotlight. It's just embarassing, and his attitude is becoming the exact opposite of the thing Trek stood for.

His attitude should not have to be in line of what Trek stood for. Hes an actor and nothing like Captain Kirk. Never was and never will be. He William Shatner. I think hes pretty funny and most people just dont get it.
Old February 9 2009, 05:28 AM   #27
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I think it's all silly, but you know I've gotta award this whole thing to The Shat on style points - he lacks the sense of personal injury and righteous distain that Takei manages to conjure up over the whole thing and is therefore funnier and a little less tiresome.
Old February 9 2009, 05:33 PM   #28
RandyS
Vice Admiral

scottydog wrote: View Post
Whatever happened to 'if you can't say anything nice...' ?
That went was buried with good manners and general decency.
Old February 10 2009, 10:09 PM   #29
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

http://www.theonion.com/content/cartoon/dec-01-2008
Old February 10 2009, 10:53 PM   #30
miraclefan
Commodore

Dale wrote: View Post
I suspect this entire "feud" was cooked up by Shatner and Takei as a means of keeping their names in the press. I call shenanigans.
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
^I have often had the same thought. I second shenanigans.
Pioneer wrote: View Post
^ I third the "shenanigans" call. But it would still be fun to watch.

Also, I saw the "Evil Shat" peek through in that last sentence. Notice the eyes.
I forth shenanigans.

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!