Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 36.36%
Above Average 22 40.00%
Average 11 20.00%
Below Average 2 3.64%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 5 2009, 04:24 AM   #46
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Lost 5x04: "The Little Prince"

Mr Light wrote: View Post
That's right Locke DID say he looked older. I remember thinking that was weird since I read that they tried to mask his age when they filmed the S3 scene...
Yeah, I fully expect Walt having to go back with Oceanic 6 and Ben is purposely being mum on the subject. And what about Frank?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 5 2009, 04:25 AM   #47
Mr Light
Admiral

Hey, now we finally know for certain that Rousseau was NOT an Other. Of course she might have joined them after crashing and then later got exiled or ran away herself...

I can't wait to see Jin and the French encountering Cerebus!!!

Old February 5 2009, 04:26 AM   #48
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Here's an interesting Rosseau point from Lostpedia:
Her story is inconsistent in that she had to have been on the island prior to the Purge. The Dharma Initiative was active on the island until December 19, 1992, the day which the Purge occurred. This means that Danielle cohabited the island with the Dharma Initiative for about 4 years. It's also not explained how she survived the toxic gas attack that struck the island when The Others destroyed DHARMA.
In one episode she said that she didn't involve herself with other things on the island, kept to herself basically. So it is very possible she didn't interact with the DI people at all, and was perhaps in an area when the gas hit that she was ok. Maybe it was even the gas that made her team sick. Maybe we'll learn more about all of this now that we are in her time period.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 5 2009, 04:27 AM   #49
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Hey, now we finally know for certain that Rousseau was NOT an Other. Of course she might have joined them after crashing and then later got exiled or ran away herself...

She never messed with The Others, she stayed away from them.

Old February 5 2009, 04:28 AM   #50
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Do we know that they will? I sure hope so.

Anyhow, a really good episode. Lots of fun.
Old February 5 2009, 04:30 AM   #51
Mr Light
Admiral

In the S1 finale she was familiar with Cerebus and explained it was "a security system". Ergo, sometime in the past she has an encounter with Cerebus.

Old February 5 2009, 04:31 AM   #52
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

who wants to bet we'll see young ben?
Old February 5 2009, 04:32 AM   #53
Brent
Admiral

In the S1 finale she was familiar with Cerebus and explained it was "a security system". Ergo, sometime in the past she has an encounter with Cerebus.
very true, good catch

Old February 5 2009, 04:33 AM   #54
Brent
Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
who wants to bet we'll see young ben?
perhaps Danielle meets him? that would be cool to see this, and would make sense how she knew he was an Other when she bagged him

Old February 5 2009, 04:35 AM   #55
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh I just remembered, I was watching the end of the rerun with the pop-up info and I think I saw a major bit of info we didn't know.

It said that Locke returning the Oceanic Six to the Island will stop the time-flashes.

Did we know this? Does this mean the time-flashes are going to last for three years on the Island, or just that when things get settled the 06 will be three years in the future as far as Sawyer et al are concerned?

Old February 5 2009, 04:38 AM   #56
Mr Light
Admiral

The other weird thing about these time flashes, it seems that this is the first time this has happened because Alpert is completely unfamiliar with it. But wouldn't this happen every single time you Donkey Wheel the Island? Wouldn't it have happened when Widmore/Hawking moved the Island in the past to escape Dharma/US Army?

Maybe the Whispers are the characters indirectly perceiving other time-flashing time-jumpers? But no, since the 1953 Others and Indian shooters were clearly able to see them fully...

Old February 5 2009, 04:38 AM   #57
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I recalled that but I didn't know if you knew for sure like you saw it in the preview or something. For all we know she could've encountered it later on.
Old February 5 2009, 04:39 AM   #58
Brent
Admiral

The other weird thing about these time flashes, it seems that this is the first time this has happened because Alpert is completely unfamiliar with it. But wouldn't this happen every single time you Donkey Wheel the Island? Wouldn't it have happened when Widmore/Hawking moved the Island in the past to escape Dharma/US Army?

Maybe the Whispers are the characters indirectly perceiving other time-flashing time-jumpers? But no, since the 1953 Others and Indian shooters were clearly able to see them fully...
Maybe it doesn't ALWAYS initiate time travel when you move the wheel. Perhaps it just depends, on what I don't know.

Old February 5 2009, 04:41 AM   #59
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh I never watch the previews. I avoid all spoilers religiously... except over the summer break!

Old February 5 2009, 04:45 AM   #60
Mr Light
Admiral

Maybe you have to be Island-born to Donkey Wheel sans time travel. Since Ben was born off-Island, it caused the chaotic time travel. So if Widmore/Hawking did it, and they're Island-born Others, it wouldn't have caused time travel. Of course if Hawking is the one who pulled the trigger and jumped all over time, this would explain why she's so knowledge about time travel and causality.