TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 3 2009, 06:14 AM   #16
Twilight
Vice Admiral

Re: Christian Bale Meltdown

What a doooouchebag.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 06:42 AM   #17
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Am I the only one on here that is thinking "so the fuck what?"

What these pople have to go through with the poparotzi on a daily basis is enough to drive any one nuts, so I don't doubt that they could probably blow their stack on the set at some poor smuck that got in the way or something.

No big deal...
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 08:43 AM   #18
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Jesus F$*&#ing Christ!!! Shit!!! Did you know it took me 12 F*#!ing minutes to f$&*ing figure out what "DP" meant in the original post?!? I feel like throwing a F&*#ing tantrum!!!

Old February 3 2009, 08:48 AM   #19
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I don't think there is really any excuse for demeaning somebody in that manner publicly, he should have either had a word with him in private or seen the director to have a talk with him.

Assuming the guy was actually doing something wrong......but that was just terrible, i cant imagine how the guy feels to be humiliated in that manner in public.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 10:13 AM   #20
Reverend
Rear Admiral

It's hardly public when it's a place of work and I've heard much worse than that in my time, especially in creative endeavours. On top of that the bloke is well known to be a method actor and they're all on the touchy side.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 10:25 AM   #21
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

^^^Well it does not really matter how its classed, what does matter is that Bale seems to think its acceptable to verbally reducible and demean somebody in such a fashion as well as threatening them with violence.

But in the end he only made himself to look like a rather spoilt child who has just had a tantrum.......silly sausage.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 10:52 AM   #22
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

I'm sure he apologized to the DP later. Probably admitted he was being a total dick, too. Sometimes people just can't contain their emotions.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 11:04 AM   #23
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

I think it's appropriate to quote the quite excellent Stephen Fry here. He's speaking about Tom Cruise and eye contact, but subtitute "Christan Bale" for "Tom Cruise" and "meltdown" for "eye contact" and well, it doesn't really make any sense, but it's interesting nonetheless:

"Poor old Tom Cruise. If only I had a euro for everyone who has said to me in tones of wild, almost joyful disapproval, apparently "no one is allowed to look at him on the film set!" [...]. ‘Eye contact is banned!! I’m not making it up!! How mad is that?! Extras and crew are actually instructed not to stare at him!!’

In fact, a little imagination [...] and you might be able to picture this scenario: Tom Cruise (but you actually, because you’ve put yourself in his shoes) is about to do an important scene which involves hundreds of extras. He has to break down/shout/burst into tears/whatever. He comes on set to finish the camera line-up and get ready to shoot. Wherever he tries to rest his eyes there is someone staring at him. He is working, mind you, earning his fantastic salary (or if not earning it in your opinion, complying at least with its contractual imperatives), this is what he does, it takes concentration and skill, you may not value it, but take it from me, it isn’t easy. He has to prepare himself for whatever is required and then repeat the performance time after time for different camera angles.

Put yourself in his position: you’re going to have to do something wild and daring in front of the camera and as you try to put yourself in the correct frame of mind there is nowhere to rest your eyes. Is it unreasonable to say to the Assistant Director, ‘would you mind asking all the background artists if they wouldn’t stare at me? Actually, knowing Asst. Directors, they would probably foresee the problem and make the announcement without consulting him even before Cruise ever arrived: ‘no one to stare at Mr Cruise when he’s on set.’ This gets repeated, comes to the ear of gossip columnists, mad republicans and others and it soon sounds like insane vain stardom all over again."
Old February 3 2009, 01:54 PM   #24
nx1701g
Admiral

This was one of the top stories on Today this morning. They said that the insurance company released the tape.
Old February 3 2009, 02:57 PM   #25
ChickenPug!
Lieutenant

He is a dick but I like how his accent slips in and out. I've liked his work since the "Machinist" but it no surprise that he has a big ego.
Old February 3 2009, 03:44 PM   #26
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
but...but...he's the goddamn Batman!
No, he's Patrick Bateman. And as the clip is audio only, I have this image of him in my head having a Bateman style breakdown
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tDzbKk...e=channel_page
"This is crazy, you're a fool, I can't cope with this STUPID BITCHEE! UNDERSTAND!?"
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:32 PM   #27
dru
Fleet Captain

Haggis and Tatties wrote: View Post
I don't think there is really any excuse for demeaning somebody in that manner publicly, he should have either had a word with him in private or seen the director to have a talk with him.
He should be humiliated. If you listen to the whole clip Bale makes a point of mentioning it wasn't the first time the guy has been wandering into a scene.

A men such p*ssies now that they can't handle a dressing down for unprofessional behavior?
Old February 3 2009, 05:32 PM   #28
DaleC76
Captain

dru wrote: View Post
A men such p*ssies now that they can't handle a dressing down for unprofessional behavior?

Are men such p*ssies now that they have to pitch screaming tantrums like pre-teen girls when they don't get their way?
Old February 3 2009, 05:44 PM   #29
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

There is just no excuse for pitching that kind of fit.

Sure, take the guy aside and tell him what's what....but yelling at someone in public is just being a jerk.

And I don't care if he is stressed out because the press is always after him. That comes with the territory. It's part of the gig - and he gets paid a shitload of money to do it. So sorry - not buying that as an excuse for acting like a douchbag.

Don't like the press? Get the hell out of acting in major motion pictures.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 06:00 PM   #30
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Come on! Of course people blow up on movie sets all the time! Actors are specifically hired to pull forth emotions on cue, and they do it all day long, out of continuity, and under considerable pressure. You simply can't do that and become calm and emotionless as soon as the camera goes off.