Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 15 2009, 08:40 PM   #91
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Jensen Ackles

Ackles is one of those guys who was so unbearably pretty when he was a kid that he looked like a girl. I'm serious--as Eric Brady on DOOL he was boy band material times ten. Prettier than Zac Effron of "High School Musical." Turning 30 has done wonders for him. He's very rugged looking in spite of those long eyelashes (ain't life wonderful? The men get the eyelashes that women would die for). I love it when the script tweaks him, like when Sam and Dean captured that blond who'd been, unknownst to her, infected by that vampire and they were trying to get a description out of her:

No, he was really old. Like 30.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2009, 09:14 PM   #92
mswood
Rear Admiral

Praetor wrote: View Post
Having just seen Friday the 13th, I have to take back my comment about Padalecki being a caeman. More like a sexy caveman.
He can knock me over with his club and drag me back to his cave any damn time he wants to...
Old February 15 2009, 09:16 PM   #93
mswood
Rear Admiral

As to Jensen, yeah he was very pretty young, and age as given him a much nicer look.

As for acting scenes, I would pick say him over Sam's rotting corpse and his confrontation with Bobby afterwards as two that just kill me each and every time.
Old February 15 2009, 09:30 PM   #94
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Jensen at 18 in his soap heyday

Jensen at 30 from episode 3, season 4. "In the Beginning." That episode tore me up.

As for acting, I think I prefer Dean's confession to Sam about what he'd done in hell to his admittedly outstanding performance over Sam's dead body in "All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2."

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old February 15 2009, 10:06 PM   #95
mswood
Rear Admiral

I think the scenes in All Hell Breaks Loose II are just easier to process. I think all of us can imagine being completely broken by the death of one we love.

His scenes with Sam over his actions in Hell (both of them for that matter) are both extremely well done, but I don't have quite the connection with them, and its possible its due to the more extreme nature of the ordeal.
Old February 16 2009, 12:04 AM   #96
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Dean seems more raw and broken in "Heaven and Hell." I guess that's why I prefer that scene. He just seems in despair in AHBLII.

Old February 16 2009, 06:18 PM   #97
AntonyF
Administrator

View AntonyF's Twitter Profile

I agree he's so much hotter now. I liked him in Dark Angel, but it's only now his bangability is through the rough.
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2009, 07:59 PM   #98
mswood
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Dean seems more raw and broken in "Heaven and Hell." I guess that's why I prefer that scene. He just seems in despair in AHBLII.
See for me, its the opposite, its Dean who's already broken (which he is), I find actually seeing him literally breaking in Hell Breaks Loose more intertesting. But why quibble (just cause I'm right, hehe) they're all great scenes.
Old April 30 2011, 04:29 PM   #99
babygrl132007
Cadet

View babygrl132007's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to babygrl132007

I saw where he played in My Bloody Valentine 3d, he was really good in that movie.
babygrl132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 07:00 PM   #100
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Haha, zombie thread much?

I did however start watching Supernatural about six months ago, and its fair to say Jensen Ackles threatens Jamie Bamber for my ultimate man crush title
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2011, 04:46 AM   #101
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

How did I miss this the first time around? (Or did I? Too lazy to check.)

Tahmoh is too Frankensteinian for my tastes and Ackles is a bit too girly looking, but I'd say he's just this side of too girly, so he gets a pass. And as Dorian so sagely points out, the girly-men do have the advantage that age sometimes solves the problem...

I'll have to do another one of my Hottest Men of SF/F polls again someday...maybe when the new fall season starts. With any luck, we might have some worthy contenders in that crop. The situation is too bleak right now to bother with.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2011, 07:39 PM   #102
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Bamber is fine. Chiseled and fine and exceptionally handsome.

Damn, Temis, you haven't given Ackles much of a look lately. He's anything but "girly" today. Of course Padalecki is just scrumptious enough to lick off a spoon these days.

Old May 1 2011, 07:41 PM   #103
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I wish Supernatural would get cancelled so the boys will get cast on a show I'd want to watch. The show has gone on way too long for me to get into now. Maybe I will anyway next season. What the heck has been going on lately, I thought one of them was dead and in hell or risen from the dead or a zombie or something.
Old May 1 2011, 07:55 PM   #104
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

You've missed a great deal, Temis. I don't know how, but you always managed to sample the crappiest episodes. Their angel friend has betrayed them. He's not a Roma Downey type of angel.

Old May 1 2011, 08:57 PM   #105
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I'll try again in the season premiere.

Is this the last season or does anyone know?