Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 4 2009, 12:50 PM   #136
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Re: Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

What's the bet this will be parodied in the next "hilarious" spoof movie ala Disaster Movie, Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans etc?
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 02:58 PM   #137
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I have to say also, that the 'real story' as posted on AICN removes whatever tiny shreds and tatters of credibility that Harry Knowles may have been able to cling to. For those who haven't read the link, the corpulent one takes the side of the highly paid movie star (with a highly paid PR team on his side) and proceeds to criticise an altogether more poorly paid DP, who has no-one to act as his mouthpiece or put forward his side of the story.

Harry claims that the DP interrupted poor Anti-Christian during a highly emotional scene, the heart of the movie. Poor little Diddums! Harry, this is a fucking Terminator sequel, a big dumb action movie directed by McBloodyG, not Schindler's List or Raging Bull!

Having proceeded to dump the contents of his considerable bowels all over the DP, Harry then proceeds to announce that so upset is he by the vitriol being poured onto Mr Bale and by the scurrilous gossip, that he is going to close down the talkback on the issue. Now, bear in mind that this is the website that once compared inviting Fox Studios Tom Rothman to Comic-Con to an invitation to a Nazi war criminal to a Shoah (Holocaust) survivor's convention.

Yes, that's right folks, making a few movies that fans don't like or sacking Bryan Singer from X3 is comparable to the greatest crime against humanity. This isn't at all a personal attack on Rothman (leaving aside the fact that I suspect from his name that he's Jewish, thus adding to the insult), nor does it show any hyperbole or lack of proportion, right?! Far be it from AICN to indulge in anything like that. And you can be sure if someone like Rothman, Brett Ratner, Uwe Boll, Paul Anderson or anyone else that Harry doesn't like had thrown a hissy fit like Bale, Fat Harry and his bunch of hacks would have had no hesitation in allowing them to be (quite rightly) ripped to shreds by the talkbackers. But because Kwistian pways Da Batman and Kwistian is kewl, we kan't kwiticize him...

Harry, you and me are through professionally!

Edit - I forgot initially to point out that Knowles also goes on to make unfounded accusations against Bale's mother and sister, over 'the other' Bale incident, in his London hotel room at TDK premiere. But that's not spreading gossip or rumours, nope, Harry doesn't do that.
Old February 4 2009, 03:13 PM   #138
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
All of this moral outrage reminds me of this famous line from Casablanca
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
Grow up people! You can't really be surprised that this type of behavior goes on on Hollywood sets all the time??? Are you??? Even outside of Hollywood. People do unprofessional stuff all the time and get away with it. Particularly when they are seen as irreplaceable. Whether its government or in the private section. It happens!!! People justify bad behavoir all the time.
I don't think anybody here is surprised by Bale's dickish behaviour. I mean I know quite a bit about etiquette on a film set and the DP's actions were an absolute no-no. I think that everybody who's a bit appalled by Bales actions-including myself and I know better-is just reminded about a real shitty day at work they had and the guy they wish they'd punched in the face. Bales that guy... but pretty. Like a girl. Not that I'd punch a girl. I'm not Bale.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 03:54 PM   #139
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Can be get some outrage about that whole Persian attack on Marathon, as long as we're griping about ancient history?
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 04:09 PM   #140
Neroon
Mod of balance

Lindley wrote: View Post
Can be get some outrage about that whole Persian attack on Marathon, as long as we're griping about ancient history?
- well and most educatedly played, good sir!

I finally heard Bale's explosion today during my morning drive to work. I was rather ... shocked ... at the anger vented. Then again I got a kick out of the "you're a nice guy" portion. I kept wondering though... how often did this DP do whatever it was he'd done, because surely it had to have happened multiple times. Then again, it struck me as odd because someone else mentioned this had actually happened awhile ago. That makes me agree that this was leaked to generate some kind of pub for T4.

I'd always heard Bale was "difficult", but wow.... that was just like an episode of Hell's Kitchen.

Last edited by Neroon; February 4 2009 at 04:19 PM.
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 06:20 PM   #141
NX74205
Captain

Tim M wrote: View Post
Especially since what I hear is that the word on the street for T4 isn't good.
Where have you heard that, since as far as I know , no one has seen it yet in its entirety and those who have seen some of it have only seen select scenes without all of the F/X in it. To try to extrapolate how good a movie is going to be off of just about 20 mins of random scenes is impossible or difficult at best.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 06:41 PM   #142
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Your telling me this topic still hasn't died.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 07:05 PM   #143
Neroon
Mod of balance

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Ain't it amazing what resurrecting powers teh Internets haz?
Old February 4 2009, 07:14 PM   #144
T'Baio
Admiral

Man, this is all over the mainstream media now.

Must be a slow news week.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 09:16 PM   #145
Gatekeeper
Commodore

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
It just broke in the mainstream press not more than a few days ago. I guess that's "ancient history" for those who are connected 24/7/365 though.

Gatekeeper
Old February 4 2009, 09:36 PM   #146
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

The audio recording is new. The incident itself has been known, and more importantly over and done with, for months.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 10:23 PM   #147
Pingfah
Admiral

I'm boycotting all his films except the good ones.

That may or may not include T4, i'll have to watch it first to decide if I should boycott it.
Old February 4 2009, 10:36 PM   #148
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Had this been Shatner, you'd all be throwing him to the wolves..

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 11:30 PM   #149
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

What would Shatner be doing on a motion picture set?
Kelso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 11:39 PM   #150
nx1701g
Admiral

Apparently this isn't over yet:

Bale's former assistant will be on Inside Edition today to talk about his former boss. The commercial includes him saying something to the effect of Bale being a "Sad man."