Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old February 4 2009, 07:25 PM   #1
RobertScorpio
Pariah

You are so...SAD!!

There have been many scene in all the star treks where its down right sad....tears or not. The most popular answer might even be when Spock dies, and his service where Kirk fights back his tears....very well done by all.

What are some of trekdom's other great scenes where a character, not the scene perhaps, but the character really convey's sadness, crying or not. Where you really bought the actor/actress ability to convey loss or sadness...

Rob
Scorpio
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Semah
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Semah Send a message via Yahoo to Semah
Re: You are so...SAD!!

Most of Old Jake's performance in "The Visitor."
Semah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 07:50 PM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Semah wrote: View Post
Most of Old Jake's performance in "The Visitor."
Good choice...Tony Todd really nailed that performance. And Avery pulls it off at the end when he hugs jake, realizing they do indeed have that second chance....

Another one is the blond woman from THIS SIDE OF PARADISE when she realizes the spores have left her...great scene there too..

Rob
Old February 4 2009, 07:51 PM   #4
trekkerguy
Commodore

View trekkerguy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkerguy

Not sure it counts as sad, but certainly brought a tear.

The end of "Inner Light" when Picard plays the flute... wow.
Old February 4 2009, 07:55 PM   #5
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

trekkerguy wrote: View Post

Damn you, now I'm going to start balling my eyes out...

When I make up my will, I'll request that the song from Inner Light will play at my funeral. I'm debating whether or not to add the piano to the flute.
Old February 4 2009, 07:57 PM   #6
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
trekkerguy wrote: View Post

Damn you, now I'm going to start balling my eyes out...

When I make up my will, I'll request that the song from Inner Light will play at my funeral. I'm debating whether or not to add the piano to the flute.
That flute tune is good..and I also like the Vistor tune as well....Trek, when allowed to, did have good music in the modern era...

Rob
Old February 4 2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Bacl
Fleet Captain

The Inner Light was certainly one of the most emotional episodes for me.

So many of us can relate with losing a loved one before their time, and the memories coming back to haunt us.
Old February 4 2009, 08:02 PM   #8
Kaziarl
Commodore

The episode where Janeway and Chakotay caught that virus and had to be left on that planet. Every time I see it and she gives her farewell speech before Tuvok leaves with Voyager I have to stifle a tear.
Old February 4 2009, 09:28 PM   #9
RobertScorpio
Pariah

When the episode SAREK first aired on TNG, it was before we would later know that Spock was alive..and the dialog Picard gave when he breaks down due to Sarek's emotions? I thought it implied that Spock was dead. I thought that was a bit sad...

And I have to mention the scene where Bashir confronts his mom and dad after the gig is exposed about him being enhanced..and his mother explains why they did it for him...

AND THEN...we have when Lal dies and in that final scene she thanks Data for her life...great scenes...

But HAPPY SAD moment goes to the last scene between Kira/Odo when he morphs into the tux and fades away into the great link...

Rob
Old February 4 2009, 09:55 PM   #10
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

The one that comes to my mind is Kirk's voice over at the beginning of Trek III - "And Enterprise is like a house with all the children gone." Shatner's voice catches on "gone" and really moves me.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 10:29 PM   #11
Deks
Rear Admiral

I thought one of the most emotional/sad scene in Voyager was when Kes's abilities were growing in force and Janeway spoke with her one last time in her quarters.
As Janeway had her eyes in tears, I have to admit I was tearful myself.

I think there were other scenes equally, if not more sad ...
Actually, I think in 'Fury' ... as strange as it may seem to some people.
When Janeway had to shoot/kill Kes ... and when Kes was leaving yet again.

Indeed, the episode with Janeway and Chakotay contracting the virus and having to stay behind was an emotional one as well.
Old February 4 2009, 10:48 PM   #12
Hardin
Captain

View Hardin's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hardin

The Inner Light and The Visitor tops it for me but I got teary eyed when Worf is at Jadzia's deathbed and they're talking about the child they'll never have. And the final scene of All Good Things, when the camera pulls back from the poker table: it's not really a sad scene, bittersweet at most because the show's ending, but I choke up anyway.
Old February 4 2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

The music during the battle in "The Siege of AR-558" was sad. It was truly a great piece of music, fit for a feature film. I liked the touches of it used in other parts of the episode ("We hold", and at the end when Sisko is talking to Kira .. "We must remember.")
Old February 4 2009, 11:45 PM   #14
Deks
Rear Admiral

Enterprise 'Azati Prime'.
When the ship is being pounded with crewmen flying out the holes in the hull, with the music of doom playing in the background and the camera showing events inside the ship slowly.
Old February 5 2009, 12:14 AM   #15
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Tough one...
For me, the end of DS9 Rocks and Shoals, and Hippocratic Oath were kinda sad, especially the former. Also Past Tense part 2.
I felt terrible at that ENT scene where an Aquatic ship is shattered, something to do with the spheres, and you see the glass break and the water pour out... I kinda wonder if any could have survived in "water bubbles"

Bareil's death was pretty sad... and so was Ties of Blood and Water... and really, The Darkness and the Light- that guy needed help.
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote