Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 216 82.44%
Above Average 34 12.98%
Average 8 3.05%
Below Average 2 0.76%
Poor 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 31 2009, 06:31 AM   #76
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Some people are just naturally tougher than others. It's not that hard to believe.
Old January 31 2009, 06:34 AM   #77
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

nx1701g wrote: View Post
I'm wondering if - as the promo said - Tigh really is dead. That could explain why the Cylons are so willing to go back to war and let Roslin essentially be in command.
I really hope Tigh is not dead as he is one of the few charactors in the show that I have actually grow to like. My son and I voted excellent. this episode was easily one of the best of last season and this season so far. It really presented the reality of taking a stand in what you believe in.

On one hand I would love to see Gaeta with a bullet hole in his head , but on the other hand I can very well see his point.

On another note I have to say that I liked (for once in a very long time) Kara's I'm not going to take any s**! attitude, and I'm not listing to orders. If there was ever a time when her personality came to the front line of the story for a good purpose, it was now.

Execellent episode!

Last edited by Samson88B; January 31 2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old January 31 2009, 06:34 AM   #78
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Some people are just naturally tougher than others. It's not that hard to believe.
I felt bad for Laird, though. Poor guy could never catch a break.
Old January 31 2009, 06:38 AM   #79
steveman
Fleet Captain

sidious618 wrote: View Post
OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I felt bad for Laird, though. Poor guy could never catch a break.
Exactly.

Funny how they already had him ticked him off the survivor count in the opening credits.
Old January 31 2009, 06:45 AM   #80
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Wow. A rather uncomfortable episode seeing our people going at it like that. Excellent stuff. My only complaint is that Starbuck went too overboard and I hope that she has to pay some sort of price for wanting to randomly shoot anyone.
I actually found her charactor to be very believable considering the charactor that she has been molded into. I would think that in a time of mutiny emotions would run very high and the attitudes and thoughts of the crew would be VERY polarized - even for a normal person with no mental issues . IMHO anyone against Adama and on the side of the mutinist commander would no longer be a friend. So I don't think her shootings were random.
Old January 31 2009, 07:06 AM   #81
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

steveman wrote: View Post

- If I was Starbuck, the aforementioned Ladon Radim and Racetrack would've each gotten a bullet in the head. No question.

- I hate Felix Gaeta.

And the more I think about it, he was the perfect choice (on behalf of the writers) to lead this rebellion. Because, if Felix Gaeta -- Felix Gaeta, for fraksake -- can be consumed with this much hatred toward Adama and all those who would work with the Cylon rebels -- what the hell is the mind set of the rest of the fleet? Seriously, what is it? Somewhere between "Radioactive" and "Toxic"? This is Felix Gaeta we're talking about here!

- My heart was about to pound through my chest watching those last few minutes. Don't know if I've ever been so tense watching this show. And I'm sure it's only going to get worse -- much worse -- in the weeks to come.

- Lastly, and I hate to end things on a sour note, but let's all give a hand to SciFi and their typically crappy promos for the following week!!!

This one was arguably the worst ever.

Anyway, just a fantastic episode tonight.

Brutal and breathless. Already counting down the days 'til next week!
As I mentioned in another post, I thought Kara's actions were beleivable and I would have taken out Racetrack as well. From a acting and writing perspective, Gaeta's charactor was perfect. He made you sympathize with him and hate him all at the same time.

The typical SCIFI spoilers, I was glad they showed what they did because I don't know if I could have made it till next week to get a idea of what was going to happened.
Old January 31 2009, 08:17 AM   #82
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Excellent. So say we all.
Old January 31 2009, 08:24 AM   #83
davejames
Vice Admiral

DAMN, that was intense. And so many badass moments too-- Kara blowing away the guys on the hangar deck, the showdown in the CIC, Adama and Tigh kicking those guy's asses...

What made the episode even better is how easy it was to understand and sympathize with the arguments the other side is making. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable integrating a bunch of Cylons into the fleet either.

Of course, the mutineers' underlying ugliness, bigotry, and blatant disregard for innocent life pretty much gives away who's right and wrong in this.
Old January 31 2009, 08:37 AM   #84
Vonstadt
Captain

Damn! I hit above average but I meant my vote to be excellant.

Last week totally set the stage for tonight! This had the feel and tone of the first two seasons of nuBSG!

God I loved it, the muitiny and the final stand with Tigh and Adama holding the bay as the raptor took off.

No Way was the commander leaving his ship! And the punch to Marine for me was more "THIS IS MY FRAKKIN SHIP!"

I thought Kara a bit too 'kill em all' I mean some are on the fence cant shoot everyone but I did understand her point of view by that time.

Felix....oh man, I just love to hate this guy!

Favorite line tonight "Nice to see you again Chief" or something like that

Next week is gonna rock! I just hope Tight didnt buy it.

Vons.
Old January 31 2009, 08:41 AM   #85
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I love how Adama and Tigh are still tight, even though he's a Cylon, Adama is now treating him just like the old days, love it. What an increadible frienship.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 31 2009, 08:44 AM   #86
Vonstadt
Captain

Brent wrote: View Post
I love how Adama and Tigh are still tight, even though he's a Cylon, Adama is now treating him just like the old days, love it. What an increadible frienship.
I agree, to Bill its like cylon or no cylon that is Saul!

My Second in command

My best Friend

that last line before the grenade went off came across so well!

"Its been an honor to serve with you"

God EJO can act
Old January 31 2009, 08:46 AM   #87
Devnull
Captain

Excellent, what an ep

davejames wrote: View Post
Kara blowing away the guys on the hangar deck

I don't understand why she didn't kill them all. Fuck them in their stupid asses.

Vonstadt wrote: View Post
I just hope Tigh didnt buy it.

Looked like a flashbang to me, not an type of explosive or incendiary grenade. They're fine for now.

I hope Roslin orders the raptor to destroy colonial one.
Old January 31 2009, 08:48 AM   #88
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Gaeta's character is fascinating to watch, and his arc has been pretty believable. Everyone he's ever put his trust in has ended up betraying him.
Which is ironic because he so heartlessly betrayed Hoshi.

There needs to be a Holy FRAK! category created for this episode alone.
Old January 31 2009, 08:49 AM   #89
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

I think it would be outstanding if they could find a way near the end to make Felix a Cylon too. Can't imagine how his character would handle that.
Old January 31 2009, 08:54 AM   #90
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Best frakking show on television. That is all.