Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 216 82.44%
Above Average 34 12.98%
Average 8 3.05%
Below Average 2 0.76%
Poor 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 31 2009, 05:41 AM   #61
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

ialfan wrote: View Post
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena? If so, who the hell let her out of the brig?
It could have been Boomer who is supposed to have a big role in the last few episodes!
Boomer is with Cavil's Fleet.
Old January 31 2009, 05:43 AM   #62
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Nobody wrote: View Post
USS Gettysburg wrote: View Post
I can't believe on a cliffhanger like that they release a promo like that. Idiots... I mean if I hadn't seen that I'd have been thinking of nothing else besides
I'm more concerned about...

-nobody
Old January 31 2009, 05:47 AM   #63
ialfan
Fleet Captain

nx1701g wrote: View Post
ialfan wrote: View Post
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena? If so, who the hell let her out of the brig?
It could have been Boomer who is supposed to have a big role in the last few episodes!
Boomer is with Cavil's Fleet.
Good point. Nevemind then.
Old January 31 2009, 05:48 AM   #64
steveman
Fleet Captain

Damn... and to think, I was pissed when they had just killed Laird off.

(crazy, exasperated, Galen Tyrol-style laugh, a la "Revelations")

Wow. What can you say about an episode like tonight's? Talk about a complete and utter disruption of the status quo -- something we all know this show excells at.

Some quick-hit thoughts:

- I could've sworn I saw Mr. YEE-HAW from "Pegasus" near the beginning of the episode.

- Anyone else find it totally absurd that the guy who played Ladon Radim on Atlantis (and who is also on Sanctuary) is still alive? Could've sworn Baltar's Babes killed him.

- Jeez... who wasn't a part of the rebellion? Heck, we even saw frakkin' Kelly near the end of the episode.

- If I was Starbuck, the aforementioned Ladon Radim and Racetrack would've each gotten a bullet in the head. No question.

- There was no way Bill Adama was leaving his ship. No. Frakking. Way.

- I went frakkin' nuts when Adama clocked that guy! I think I belted out something to the effect of:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE OLD MAN'S STILL GOT TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one of my favorite moments of the entire series. Perfectly encapsulated Bill Adama's never-say-die attitude. Right up there when he went all flashlight on Leoben in the mini.

- If I were a shipper, I'd be practically orgasmic over getting my second supersexy Bill and Laura moment in as many weeks.

Well, if I were a shipper.

- I hate Felix Gaeta.

And the more I think about it, he was the perfect choice (on behalf of the writers) to lead this rebellion. Because, if Felix Gaeta -- Felix Gaeta, for fraksake -- can be consumed with this much hatred toward Adama and all those who would work with the Cylon rebels -- what the hell is the mind set of the rest of the fleet? Seriously, what is it? Somewhere between "Radioactive" and "Toxic"? This is Felix Gaeta we're talking about here!

I've heard the arguments about how all this seems out-of-character for Gaeta... but I think the sheer shock value of it is finally starting to win me over. After all, isn't it more fun seeing the Devil You Don't Know, as compared to the Devil You Know?

I say yes. Emphatically yes.

- My heart was about to pound through my chest watching those last few minutes. Don't know if I've ever been so tense watching this show. And I'm sure it's only going to get worse -- much worse -- in the weeks to come.

- Lastly, and I hate to end things on a sour note, but let's all give a hand to SciFi and their typically crappy promos for the following week!!!

This one was arguably the worst ever.

Anyway, just a fantastic episode tonight.

Brutal and breathless. Already counting down the days 'til next week!
Old January 31 2009, 05:53 AM   #65
Starwind
Fleet Captain

Finally, an Action episode! I missed those.
Old January 31 2009, 05:54 AM   #66
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

- Anyone else find it totally absurd that the guy who played Ladon Radim on Atlantis (and who is also on Sanctuary) is still alive? Could've sworn Baltar's Babes killed him.

- Jeez... who wasn't a part of the rebellion? Heck, we even saw frakkin' Kelly near the end of the episode.
Radim plays Charlie Connor. He was looking pretty good considering Baltar's babe bashed in his skull earlier in the season.

Captain Kelly? Really?
Old January 31 2009, 05:56 AM   #67
Agent Richard07
Admiral

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
"There will be no forgiveness!"

But uh, forgiving half the Cylon models is okay...
Good point, but this mutiny is personal and involves betrayal.
Old January 31 2009, 05:57 AM   #68
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Wow. A rather uncomfortable episode seeing our people going at it like that. Excellent stuff. My only complaint is that Starbuck went too overboard and I hope that she has to pay some sort of price for wanting to randomly shoot anyone.
Old January 31 2009, 05:57 AM   #69
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Oh absolutely. Gaeta was the perfect character choice. His arc has been an amazing one, from unassuming nice guy who we all jumped when he snapped only for a moment in Flight of the Phoenix to absolutely hateful villain. And I have absolutely no trouble at all believing that this is where his character has been led. The webisodes seem even better now, becuase it shows exactly what kind of guilt and bitterness that Gaeta is harboring that would bring him to this. I commend the writers for this character. They took a character that I actually liked and believably and effectively turned him into one that I now love to hate.
Old January 31 2009, 06:00 AM   #70
steveman
Fleet Captain

DarthPipes wrote: View Post

Radim plays Charlie Connor. He was looking pretty good considering Baltar's babe bashed in his skull earlier in the season.

Captain Kelly? Really?
OK -- that's right. He plays Connor. And those were my thoughts exactly.

So, poor Laird gets a wrench to the face... and dies. But Connor practically gets his skull bashed-in... and lives?

Not cool. Only on TV.

And, yes, I'm almost positive that was 'ol Kelly at the end.
Old January 31 2009, 06:09 AM   #71
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Excellent!

Loved this episode, true nuBSG form

Great to see the old Kara back

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 31 2009, 06:12 AM   #72
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Gaeta's character is fascinating to watch, and his arc has been pretty believable. Everyone he's ever put his trust in has ended up betraying him. Really, Adama's lucky Gaeta didn't have him killed right away. He tried to kill Baltar with his bare hands (and a pen) for what happened on New Caprica. I can't imagine the betrayal he must feel over Earth, and Adama's alliance with the Cylons. Gaeta, more than most, knows what vile things the Cylons have done, and it's much easier to say they should bury the hatchet than to actually do it. It's a pragmatic decision, and I think people like Gaeta are just plain sick of sacrificing their ideals and integrity just to eke out a little more time.

That's all from his POV, though. I think the alliance with the rebel Cylons is the only reasonable course for all of them, as distasteful as it may be.
My blog
Old January 31 2009, 06:12 AM   #73
nx1701g
Admiral

steveman wrote: View Post
- I could've sworn I saw Mr. YEE-HAW from "Pegasus" near the beginning of the episode.
He was who took Athena captive.
Old January 31 2009, 06:17 AM   #74
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Gaeta needs a bullet to his crotch, and then to his rectum

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 31 2009, 06:23 AM   #75
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

steveman wrote: View Post
DarthPipes wrote: View Post

Captain Kelly? Really?
OK -- that's right. He plays Connor. And those were my thoughts exactly.

So, poor Laird gets a wrench to the face... and dies. But Connor practically gets his skull bashed-in... and lives?

Not cool. Only on TV.

And, yes, I'm almost positive that was 'ol Kelly at the end.
That's what I was like. One wrench to the face and that's all it took to take down Laird?

Gaeta might like a bullet to the rectum.