RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 495
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 216 82.44%
Above Average 34 12.98%
Average 8 3.05%
Below Average 2 0.76%
Poor 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 31 2009, 05:17 AM   #46
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

One other thing... Last week I started a thread saying that I was disappointed that they didn't milk the Earth plot. Earth was the promised land for me, the viewer, just as much as it was for the characters and I felt let down because I didn't get what I was expecting. Well, now that I'm over it and can think back, it looks like I was taken on the same ride that the characters were taken on. To the writers of BSG... Good one guys.
Old January 31 2009, 05:17 AM   #47
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

scotthm wrote: View Post
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena?
Who do you think flew the raptor over from the basestar? It was an Eight from over there.

---------------
Yeah that's what I figured it logically must be. I thought she was wearing a Viper flight suit though. I'm probably just smoking crack.
Old January 31 2009, 05:19 AM   #48
nx1701g
Admiral

^ It looked like one of the Cylon flight suits to me.

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Maybe next week we'll get to see who is de facto leading the rebels nowadays, since Natalie and D'Anna are both out of the picture. Kind of funny that Our Heroes will need the help of Cylon rebels to put down a rebellion of their own.
From the promo it kinda looked like Tory might be leading the Cylons.
Old January 31 2009, 05:20 AM   #49
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I'm calling it now, next week's episode, Alessandro Juliani and Richard Hatch get top billing in the credits.
That would be really awesome, though I assume that Olmos' and McDonnell's contracts require them to get top billing.
I was thinking about The Evil Dead's post too as I was watching. The idea of them pulling something like that did seem kind of cool.
Old January 31 2009, 05:23 AM   #50
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Frakking excellent. That was an amazing episode. Only Galactica would have the guts to do a story like that.
Babylon 5's "Severed Dreams" comes pretty close, except that the protagonists were the "rebels" and none of the recurring characters fought on the other side.

*This* is the type of dark I like. Exciting dark, not sulky dark.
Old January 31 2009, 05:25 AM   #51
Darth_Pinche
Captain

So who is going to bring Adama his coffee from now on?

Seriously though, a simply amazing episode and I really believe they are turning the show on its head and anything can happen. What a ride to the finish!!
Old January 31 2009, 05:26 AM   #52
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Incidentally, would you folks mind spoiler-coding anything from next week's promo? Some of us don't watch those.
Old January 31 2009, 05:28 AM   #53
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ It looked like one of the Cylon flight suits to me.

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Maybe next week we'll get to see who is de facto leading the rebels nowadays, since Natalie and D'Anna are both out of the picture. Kind of funny that Our Heroes will need the help of Cylon rebels to put down a rebellion of their own.
Old January 31 2009, 05:29 AM   #54
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

No "OMG!" choice?

Wow! I think several main characters will be dead in the next episode or the one after!
Old January 31 2009, 05:29 AM   #55
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

Quantum wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
scotthm wrote: View Post
Obviously untrue, as thousands of people still survive. An ineffective leader would have settled them on New Caprica to meet their doom, or abandoned them to the Cylons like Admiral Cain did.

---------------
or Baltar, what a bad decision that was to settle
20 20 Hindsight
Not really, initial reports from the Pegasus survey crew suggested the planet was only inhabitable in a small strip with little plant or wildlife. Not a real positive there. Baltar didn't even pretend to study the likelihood of the Cylons discovering the planet. The explosion of the nuke (which Baltar gave to Gina) should've prompted a review of internal security (which Baltar stopped, 'cause he knew how it came to be) but also re-examine the security of settling (increase chance of the cylons finding them, is it worth it?). The decision to settle was more about incompetence, and could've been avoided. So, I think 20/20 hindsight is a misinterpretation of the events that happened on screen (and some rose-colored glasses view of Dr. Baltar).

As to the actual episode -- intense, intense, intense. More of an adrenaline rush then "Sometimes a Great Notion", another intense episode but on a character-level scale. When all is said in done, this might rank in my top 10, if the second part holds up (I always rank two-parters together in my little mind).

-nobody
Old January 31 2009, 05:32 AM   #56
USS Gettysburg
Captain

Lindley wrote: View Post
Incidentally, would you folks mind spoiler-coding anything from next week's promo? Some of us don't watch those.
I can't believe on a cliffhanger like that they release a promo like that. Idiots... I mean if I hadn't seen that I'd have been thinking of nothing else besides
Old January 31 2009, 05:36 AM   #57
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

One thing that smacked of cliche was Starbuck discovering shit was up and saving the damn day (or Lee, and them saving Roslyn...same difference). Admittedly, there wouldn't be much of a plot then.

Poor Laird, off to see his family.

So the point of the cult chick witnessing Laird's murder was that Baltar had advanced knowledge that something was happening...but only used it to prepare to save his own ass. Damn if Baltar isn't in Dr. Smith mode. I MUST FLEE! Tyrol is the Robot then. And Lee is Will Robinson.

"There will be no forgiveness!"

But uh, forgiving half the Cylon models is okay...even though they have shown nothing but the capacity to turn on the humans again for their own interests (D'anna executing hostages comes to mind)
Old January 31 2009, 05:37 AM   #58
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

USS Gettysburg wrote: View Post
I can't believe on a cliffhanger like that they release a promo like that. Idiots... I mean if I hadn't seen that I'd have been thinking of nothing else besides
I'm more concerned about...

-nobody
Old January 31 2009, 05:40 AM   #59
ialfan
Fleet Captain

DeafPoet wrote: View Post
One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena? If so, who the hell let her out of the brig?
It could have been Boomer who is supposed to have a big role in the last few episodes!
Old January 31 2009, 05:41 AM   #60
nx1701g
Admiral

Nobody wrote: View Post
USS Gettysburg wrote: View Post
I'm more concerned about...

-nobody