Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 216 82.44%
Above Average 34 12.98%
Average 8 3.05%
Below Average 2 0.76%
Poor 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 1 2009, 08:43 AM   #166
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Tombfyre wrote: View Post
I.... thought it was average. We've seen rebellion before on this show.... now its back! I can say i'm watching now to see what they do to end it. But to be honest, i'm sick of the pure negativity streaming from the show.

I want star trek back ... lol.
I want Star Trek back too, but for now I'm happy with BSG. This episode brought it back to my Must See list.
Old February 1 2009, 09:49 AM   #167
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

scotthm wrote: View Post
BigPharaoh wrote: View Post
I hope the rebellion is successful so the fleet can be run in a truly participatory style...
True. BSG would have lasted only about two hours if it had been that way from the beginning, and we'd all be talking about something else today.

---------------
then everyone dies. even now everyone is frakked. Galatica and fleet is dying, falling apart, and they've killed hundreds of irreplaceable essential crewman for nothing.

i am not the only one who thinks that the they have better deal than most, why aren't they taking it? even if they don't have all options, it is not better to wait until Cylon technolgies are installed until turning on leadership?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old February 1 2009, 11:41 AM   #168
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

FanFRAKKINGtastic episode. This is what great TV is and should be. That is all.
Old February 1 2009, 12:13 PM   #169
Saul
Rear Admiral

Excellent episode. I never expected this mutiny to happen now in the 4th season. I had thought it might happen with the Pegasus crew been pissed off at what happened to Cain and try to take over in the second season or even see the Cylons take over. But this was excellent. To see Adama and Tigh go around the ship with their guns was just kick ass. The kiss between Laura and Bill was beautiful and emotional. I hadn't really wanted these characters to get together before but now I quite like their relationship.
Old February 1 2009, 01:35 PM   #170
Jon1701
Rear Admiral

Awesome episode.

The kiss with Adama and Roslin, amidst the carnage, was simply wonderful.

Whats the number going to be in the credits next week?

I'm going to say 32549.
Old February 1 2009, 02:07 PM   #171
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

I for one am rooting for the Adama/Roslin faction. Yeah, I know, the Cylons committed genocide against the human race etc. But I'd interpret Adama's point of view as: "Frak this constant killing. Frak the Cylon holocaust. I don't care anymore. Vengeance aside it does not serve any other purpose than to reduce the number of living humans even further. But what's the point if you live for vengeance alone. We better should start having more babies, and I don't care if these babies are (half-) Cylon. Hell, even my best friend turned out to be one, so frak this shit. Nothing really matters anymore... except that I want to put this nightmare to an end now once and for all. I'm sick and tired of this crap."

All in all, Adama has probably hit the bottom in the episode he tried to get Tigh to shoot him. And while he was at the bottom he probably realized that there are more important things than to hate the Cylons: securing the survival of the human race. And if this means that he has to forge an alliance with them, so be it. He doesn't care for anything anymore aside from the survival of mankind. And as for the question whether the Cylons can be even trusted... Adama doesn't care about this either. Earth just turned out to be a nuclear wasteland. From this point onward you gotta roll a hard six. This is the last chance. Mankind has not much to lose anymore. So, let's take the risk. It can't get even worse anyway.

Last edited by Ensign_Redshirt; February 1 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old February 1 2009, 02:34 PM   #172
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
I for one am rooting for the Adama/Roslin faction. Yeah, I know, the Cylons committed genocide against the human race etc. But I'd interpret Adama's point of view as: "Frak this constant killing. Frak the Cylon holocaust. I don't care anymore. Vengeance aside it does not serve any other purpose than to reduce the number of living humans even further. But what's the point if you live for vengeance alone. We better should start having more babies, and I don't care if these babies are (half-) Cylon. Hell, even my best friend turned out to be one, so frak this shit. Nothing really matters anymore... except that I want to put this nightmare to an end now once and for all. I'm sick and tired of this crap."
It might have helped a little if he had said that to the quorum or the people in the fleet instead of "military decision".
Old February 1 2009, 02:38 PM   #173
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Takeru wrote: View Post
It might have helped a little if he had said that to the quorum or the people in the fleet instead of "military decision".
Maybe... but Ronald D. Moore wanted to have a mutiny during the final episodes.
Old February 1 2009, 03:52 PM   #174
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Just watched it myself. That wasn't frakking excellent, that was fucking excellent!

Loved Adama's screaming "WHAT IS THIS?!"

And Starbuck's coming to Lee's rescue was beyond awesome
"Let him go"
"Frak you"
*Starbuck shoots him*
"I can do this all day, who's next? Racetrack? Connor?"
Old February 1 2009, 04:04 PM   #175
Hicks
Captain

Quantum wrote: View Post
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
Quantum wrote: View Post

20 20 Hindsight
Unless your name's Laura Roslin, in which case it's 20/20, but not so much hindsight.
Where was her 20/20 vision when she lead them to a bombed out Earth. The people wanted New Caprica so Baltar gave it to them.
Giving people what they want even when it's not what they need is just poor leadership.
Old February 1 2009, 04:40 PM   #176
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Marcus Porcius Cato wrote: View Post
scotthm wrote: View Post
BigPharaoh wrote: View Post
I hope the rebellion is successful so the fleet can be run in a truly participatory style...
True. BSG would have lasted only about two hours if it had been that way from the beginning, and we'd all be talking about something else today.

---------------
then everyone dies. even now everyone is frakked. Galatica and fleet is dying, falling apart, and they've killed hundreds of irreplaceable essential crewman for nothing.

i am not the only one who thinks that the they have better deal than most, why aren't they taking it? even if they don't have all options, it is not better to wait until Cylon technolgies are installed until turning on leadership?

and that is what seperates Galactica from Trek. if this was Trek the story would be totally predictable. With Galactica, everything is on the table.

-Chris
Old February 1 2009, 04:57 PM   #177
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
Adama totally lost site of this. He was so used to having his way that he felt he didn't need to justify his decision with the fleet.
Old February 1 2009, 05:30 PM   #178
Rii
Rear Admiral

Adama should've left the decision to install the drives in the hands of the captains and crew of each ship as the Quorum voted, with the understanding that Galactica would be accepting the upgraded drives and any ships which didn't have them would of necessity be left behind to fend for themselves.
Old February 1 2009, 06:06 PM   #179
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Cripes, that episode sure shut me and my anti-Galactica belly aching up.
Old February 1 2009, 06:22 PM   #180
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
Just watched it myself. That wasn't frakking excellent, that was fucking excellent!

Loved Adama's screaming "WHAT IS THIS?!"

And Starbuck's coming to Lee's rescue was beyond awesome
"Let him go"
"Frak you"
*Starbuck shoots him*
"I can do this all day, who's next? Racetrack? Connor?"
That is the Starbuck that was missing the last several seasons!

I like the fact it is written so I don't know what side to be on. These are Cylons, they killed our race, I would never want to be with them! I will take my chance and die before begin with them.

However if the human race does die, then the Cylons win anyways. However trusting Cylons can also get you died, so who knows.