Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old June 1 2009, 04:11 PM   #46
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Re: R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk)

Ethros wrote: View Post
Well Amazon.co.uk has updated the artwork on this, I would presume its the final one
See frakking here

Just a slap job of the Last Supper picture. Hmm, not overly amazing but it'll do I suppose. It's whats inside that counts...
I actually like how they depict different aspects of Six on the covers and how it fits with how she was portrayed during the shows run.
Season 1 had the menacing, glowing redeyes Cylon Six. The Season 3 cover showed us a more human and vulnerable Six, and Season 4 has angelic Headsix.
Old June 1 2009, 05:01 PM   #47
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

David Payne wrote: View Post
So this came out today, did anyone buy it? Please tell me, which version of Daybreak is on there? Is it extended?
I'm curious about this as well. I'm also interesting in finding out which episodes are extended.
Old June 1 2009, 05:23 PM   #48
John Clark
Commodore

If it helps, from the start of Daybreak part 1 to the end of part 3, it runs about 2 hours 13 or so. On the menu itself, it's listed as Daybreak Part 1 and Daybreak part 2&3

On the actual cases themselves, the only one mentioned as extended is "a disquiet followed my soul", but you also get the standard version of that too.
Old June 1 2009, 07:02 PM   #49
Ethros
Vice Admiral

I had a look at the box today in Morrisons (£24.99) as I wanted to see what it said the extras were on it. But it only gave vague allusions to what was on it, something like "Special Features: Deleted Scenes, Commentaries, Extended Episodes, etc"

Yeah well, which episodes? Which commentaries? By who?

So I don't know. I haven't got 4.0 yet anyway. I want to watch the full series through again from beginning to end but I want to wait till The Plan has aired, so I think I'll hold off on this. And by then the R1 version of this may have come out and I can compare the differences and decide whether to import or not
(And I still have some of the best eps like Revelations & Daybreak saved on my Sky+)
Old June 1 2009, 08:30 PM   #50
David Payne
Fleet Captain

John Clark wrote: View Post
If it helps, from the start of Daybreak part 1 to the end of part 3, it runs about 2 hours 13 or so. On the menu itself, it's listed as Daybreak Part 1 and Daybreak part 2&3

On the actual cases themselves, the only one mentioned as extended is "a disquiet followed my soul", but you also get the standard version of that too.
Thanks, sounds like it's the TV version. And from what you say, is it presented in two parts? So we don't even get is as a single movie as intended?

Can you also check the running length for Islanded in a Stream of Stars to see if there's any chance it's extended? I know the BBFC cleared the extended version of that. Thanks.

I wonder if the US will get the extended Daybreak, or if it's been ditched altogether?
Old June 1 2009, 08:44 PM   #51
John Clark
Commodore

David Payne wrote: View Post

Thanks, sounds like it's the TV version. And from what you say, is it presented in two parts? So we don't even get is as a single movie as intended?

Can you also check the running length for Islanded in a Stream of Stars to see if there's any chance it's extended? I know the BBFC cleared the extended version of that. Thanks.

I wonder if the US will get the extended Daybreak, or if it's been ditched altogether?
Yep, it's a two parter. There's the play all option of course, but you'd still be stuck with credits half way through. - Could be worse, they could have cut it into three parts.

Unless another extended episode is hidden away unmentioned somewhere, Islanded is 41 minutes til the end credits start

Edit to add:-

The publishers of the dvd have a list of the extras on their website:-
http://www.universal-playback.com/ba...nal-season-dvd

DISC 4 BONUS MATERIAL
A Disquiet Follows My Soul Unrated Version
Islanded in a Stream of Stars Unrated Version
Deleted Scenes: Sometimes A Great Notion, A Disquiet Follows My Soul
Deleted Scenes: The Oath, Blood On The Scales, No Exit, Deadlock
A Sneak Peek at Caprica
David Eick's Video Blogs
What the Frak is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?
The Face Of The Enemy Webisodes
Sci-Fi.com Web Featurettes
Deleted Scenes: Daybreak
A Look Back

The only ones I've actually spotted were, Disquiet, Sneak Peak at Caprica(The trailer basically), Video Blogs, What the Frak and Evolution of a Cue. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't anything extra on the disk.

Last edited by John Clark; June 1 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old June 2 2009, 01:23 PM   #52
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

^
Thank you for the feedback on the DVD set!

Hmm, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. For one, I don't like it one bit that "Daybreak" is broken up. Secondly, I thought quite a few episodes would be extended.
Old June 2 2009, 02:53 PM   #53
David Payne
Fleet Captain

Looks like we#ll have to wait and see what happens with the region 1 DVD.
Old June 2 2009, 03:11 PM   #54
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

^
I'm also wondering how they'll handle it on the complete series box set.
Old June 7 2009, 08:27 PM   #55
Ethros
Vice Admiral

btw, Caprica is now listed on Play.com
Although alas there's no release date as yet, just down as "coming soon"
Old June 18 2009, 03:18 AM   #56
kipron
Rear Admiral

So did anyone get a glimpse of the deleted scenes?

Anything interesting in there?
Old June 18 2009, 03:38 AM   #57
David Payne
Fleet Captain

And any idea if the region 1 is still getting the full version of Daybreak?
Old June 18 2009, 03:34 PM   #58
Harvey
Admiral

I don't know why region 1 wouldn't be getting the full version of Daybreak. It was announced as having such, and Ronald D. Moore and Eward James Olmos have both mentioned it in interviews.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old June 18 2009, 04:12 PM   #59
David Payne
Fleet Captain

Yes but that was a while ago, and what the producers say in interviews doesn't necessarily reflect what the people in charge of the DVD releases decide to do. R2 got stuck with the TV version only.
Old June 18 2009, 04:40 PM   #60
Harvey
Admiral

Region 2 has always gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to features, so I was not surprised by that. All the announced features lists that I've seen include the extended episodes and the new commentaries. I'll be inclined to believe that until the set comes out and dashes/confirms that information.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.