USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 38 45.78%
Above Average 41 49.40%
Average 3 3.61%
Below Average 1 1.20%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 29 2009, 04:06 AM   #16
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile
Re: Lost 5x03: "Jughead"

Above average. Lots of mind-fuckery, but at least things are starting to pull together!
Old January 29 2009, 04:06 AM   #17
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I wonder why Daniel still wears a tie.
Old January 29 2009, 04:08 AM   #18
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Definately an Above Average...and definately mind-fuckery!

LJ

LJ2
Old January 29 2009, 04:09 AM   #19
Mr Light
Admiral

3.5/4 Excellent episode with a lot of answers!

I'm fascinated that we're learning about a new era of the Island. In 1954 the US Army invaded the Island to test an H-Bomb and went to war with the Others. Great stuff! AND we met a young Charles Widmore (Other) and Faraday's mother when she was young.

How do I know this? In the pop-up info for the rerun of "The Lie", it said her name is ELOISE Hawking. What was the name of the British Other who guarded Faraday who he found so familiar? ELLIE. Fascinating.

I'm thinking that either Eloise or Widmore had to turn the Frozen Donkey Wheel to escape the US Army and thusly got exiled from the Island and are seeking a way back.

Desmond and Penny had a kid?! Woah. And they named him Charlie! I love it. I was shocked when Des went right into see Widmore- are you insane?! But shockingly Widmore actually helps him. Interesting.

We also finally got direct confirmation that Miles talks with the dead.

What happened to Faraday's time-unstuck girl? Did he perform a time travel experiment on her that unstuck her in time? She seems to have the same condition Des had in "The Constant", exchanging her consciousness with herself at different times. Someone needs to find her Constant.

Why does Widmore's uniform say Jones? I guess the Others just started stealing Army uniforms to wear and his was from Jones. Nice misdirect.

So have we actually seen any US Army soldiers yet? Or have they all been Others wearing the stolen uniforms?

Notice that Juliet said Latin is "the language of the Enlightened"? Is this a general description of Latin or have we finally learned what the Others call themselves?

Old January 29 2009, 04:09 AM   #20
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Like every other Desmond episode, I rate this one an Excellent.
I'm really liking the island story this season with it jumping around through time. It keeps it fresh and interesting. I also liked the Widmore twist. I didn't see that coming.

On the negative side I'm feeling really worried about Penny's fate. Hopefully nothing happens to her and their kid.
Old January 29 2009, 04:10 AM   #21
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Desmond and Penny named their kid "Charlie" not after the father but after Charlie.
Old January 29 2009, 04:10 AM   #22
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Excellent. I could try and save my top grades for possible better episodes, but fuck it. Lost is almost over and if an episode twists my brain and leaves me almost out of breath like that one I'm not going to be stingy.

Like last week I don't know what the fuck to say. Gonna have to watch it again for anything resembling an intelligent critique.
Old January 29 2009, 04:10 AM   #23
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

At this point Lost is reminding me of Book 3 of DS9's Millenium trilogy: Inferno.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Old January 29 2009, 04:11 AM   #24
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Great stuff! AND we met a young Charles Widmore (Other) and Faraday's mother when she was young.

How do I know this? In the pop-up info for the rerun of "The Lie", it said her name is ELOISE Hawking. What was the name of the British Other who guarded Faraday who he found so familiar? ELLIE. Fascinating.
I didn't know that. Thanks.
Old January 29 2009, 04:11 AM   #25
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Above Average, very good.

Now we know why Richard came to visit Locke when he was a baby.

And we know the Others speak Latin, and that Richard does/did answer to someone, maybe Jacob.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 29 2009, 04:11 AM   #26
Agent Richard07
Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Desmond and Penny named their kid "Charlie" not after the father but after Charlie.
Old January 29 2009, 04:13 AM   #27
Mr Light
Admiral

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe Widmore and Eloise are a couple and will give birth to Daniel Faraday. Widmore is Faraday's father! This would explain his interest in Dan and also why he knows where Eloise is now.

Let's say that Eloise was already pregnant in this episode, in 1954. This would suggest that the Faraday we saw in the 70s in the Orchid is on his original timeline and then he time-travelled to circa 2000 when we meet him then.

However, Charlotte's bad condition appears to be because she was born on the Island we learned in the S4 Finale. This would mean Faraday was NOT born on the Island. Maybe Eloise and Widmore were exiled at the same time and conceived Faraday off-Island?

Old January 29 2009, 04:13 AM   #28
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

I'm fascinated that we're learning about a new era of the Island. In 1954 the US Army invaded the Island to test an H-Bomb and went to war with the Others. Great stuff! AND we met a young Charles Widmore (Other) and Faraday's mother when she was young.

You just blew my mind.
Old January 29 2009, 04:14 AM   #29
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Ok, what do you all think? Is Charlotte going to die or not?

This is very interesting if it turns out to be true.
Old January 29 2009, 04:14 AM   #30
Velocity
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I wonder why Daniel still wears a tie.
He likes to dress like a flight attendant.