RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,529
Posts: 5,512,566
Members: 25,138
Currently online: 588
Newest member: Bazzzz85

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 25 2009, 07:06 AM   #1
Chris3123
Vice Admiral
 
Chris3123's Avatar
 
Location: Pensacola, FL
Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

...later this season. Without further ado, it's:


Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show. Anyway, Winslow Schott will be a


What do you all think of them bring Toyman to Smallville?
__________________
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 07:24 AM   #2
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

I wasn't completely surprised by it, but I could have thought up some better enemies to bring over. I wonder if Mxy has his powers back...
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

I remember reading about this a few months ago. Can be cool. I'm looking forward to it.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 09:04 AM   #4
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show.
Just wanted to add in (I can't update my original post for some reason) that he appeared on Lois & Clark.
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show.
Just wanted to add in (I can't update my original post for some reason) that he appeared on Lois & Clark.
Played by Murphy Brown's boss in the final episode, if memory serves.

Edit: I just looked it up. It was the second to last episode. So close there...
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

errah!

Unless the Towman has some really really fantastic toys, this is really letting the side down after seeing the persuader and Doomsday opening a can of Whip-ass on Clark.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

Judging from the description in the spoiler above, the "toys" seem like they will be more like gadgets that will have some kind of destructive power. This is pure speculation on my part.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 09:13 AM   #8
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

Broccoli wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show.
Just wanted to add in (I can't update my original post for some reason) that he appeared on Lois & Clark.
Played by Murphy Brown's boss in the final episode, if memory serves.

Edit: I just looked it up. It was the second to last episode. So close there...
Wikipedia says there were two Toymen on the show. Personally its been so long since I last saw the show that I hardly remember either of them.
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 03:54 PM   #9
Kryton
Admiral
 
Kryton's Avatar
 
Location: In ur Starbug
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

I know he was just a Lois & Clark invention, but BRING BACK TEMPUS! Preferably with Lane Davies in the role!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 10:15 PM   #10
Chris3123
Vice Admiral
 
Chris3123's Avatar
 
Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show.
Just wanted to add in (I can't update my original post for some reason) that he appeared on Lois & Clark.
Yeah, but that show had a lot of over the top villains and stories anyway.
__________________
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2009, 11:27 PM   #11
Norrin Radd
Vice Admiral
 
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

The version of the character in the TAS cartoon was awesome...ingeniously creepy.
Norrin Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2009, 02:22 AM   #12
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

nx1701g wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post

Just wanted to add in (I can't update my original post for some reason) that he appeared on Lois & Clark.
Played by Murphy Brown's boss in the final episode, if memory serves.

Edit: I just looked it up. It was the second to last episode. So close there...
Wikipedia says there were two Toymen on the show. Personally its been so long since I last saw the show that I hardly remember either of them.
Wikipedia, you say? Well, I'll just edit that to reflect my facts.

I'll edit lots of things...


__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2009, 02:33 AM   #13
Gojirob
Rear Admiral
 
Gojirob's Avatar
 
Location: Going Super Diclonius 4...
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

I was personally glad when the child-murderer Toyman was retconned out of recent comics. Nothing to do with such a character except do what Supes would never do.

IIRC, the L&C version played by Murphy Brown's Grant Shaud hued close to the pure psycho interpretation, kind of like if Murphy had finally pushed Miles too far, and he had no antacids on hand.
__________________
The Go-To For Accurate, Thorough Information about the dark, wonderful series called Elfen Lied, both manga and anime : http://elfen-lied.wikia.com/wiki/Elfen_Lied_Wiki
Gojirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Behind the mask of Donald Draper
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

Chris3123 wrote: View Post


Toyman (Winslow Schott). Personally, I never thought they'd bring him to Smallville. He seems a bit too over the top for a live action show
Over the Top? Opposed to a more mundane character like Doomsday? LOL
Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2009, 04:43 AM   #15
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral
 
Location: Missile Command
Re: Classic Superman villain to appear on Smallville *SPOILERS*

Anderw Robinson as Toyman.

Or more likely somebody we never heard of.

What ever happed Mxyzptlk? Lex have his lobotomized?
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
smallville, villain

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.