RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,671
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 525
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 40 21.05%
Above Average 84 44.21%
Average 47 24.74%
Below Average 14 7.37%
Poor 5 2.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 26 2009, 08:11 AM   #121
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

Hmmmm, I thought so - the woman who played Ishay was Kerry Norton, Jamie Bamber's wife.

She was the medic who saved Adama's life way back in "Scattered".
Old January 26 2009, 09:09 AM   #122
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Below Average - How disappointing after last weeks excellent episode to again be rehashing/recovering the least interesting aspects of the show. (which has many excellent other attributes)
- Zarek being an ass - been there, done that.
- Soap-opera relationships - I've had more then my fill on this series.
- Mutiny in the fleet - Yawn. Wake me up when its over.

Oh and I just *love* how upset everyone is now... acting like Adama & Roslin made them go find earth at gunpoint. Right, they never wanted to do that at all. They had such great plans to do other things.

Gaeta needs a swift kick out the airlock.
Old January 26 2009, 09:14 AM   #123
The Borg Queen
Rear Admiral

Pretty rubbish in comparison to the one before it.

Sorry.

No Cylons = No interest.
Old January 26 2009, 01:11 PM   #124
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

^
No Cylons?
Old January 26 2009, 01:14 PM   #125
The Borg Queen
Rear Admiral

Well other than the scene with the ultrasound, there wasn't much Cylonny goodness in the episode.
Old January 26 2009, 03:42 PM   #126
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I gave it an excellent, I just really liked the Gaeta/Starbuck scene. Not every episode needs to be a tour de force to be excellent television; this episode was a quiet follow-up to the events of last week, and I thought it worked well at what it was trying to do. Yes, it was a set-up episode, but it was a very good set-up episode.
Old January 26 2009, 03:47 PM   #127
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

The Borg Queen wrote: View Post
Well other than the scene with the ultrasound, there wasn't much Cylonny goodness in the episode.
But what about the whole discussion between Adama, Tigh, Tyrol, and Gaeta (am I forgetting somebody)? Tyrol's clearly made a shift towards accepting being a Cylon and identifying with his people. His suggestion concerning Cylon citizenship opens up a huge debate which informs much of the episode.
Also, the rift between Tigh and Tyrol was very interesting, I thought.

I suppose it's something else you're looking for, but from my point of view, the Cylons figured in heavily here.
Old January 26 2009, 05:18 PM   #128
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

I think some of the threads retreaded in this episode, while somewhat derivative, do highlight why the Fleet needed a "goalpost" to begin with. Without some singular purpose, it seems like they always come unhinged.

A lot of folks keep harking on about how this is a setup episode and while that's probably true, it is certainly not the best of these types. In the end, for me, the character moments were compelling as usual (Gaeta and Zarek less so), but the actual story was trite.

I'll reserve actual scoring to see if next week's episode justifies this one.
Old January 26 2009, 06:30 PM   #129
Harvey
Admiral

Average.

The Zarek plot is interesting, and believable. I don't object to it being old ground, because it's exactly what I would expect to happen given the events of past episodes.

Tyrol's revelation is an example of a ret-con in the service of the plot, but not of particular service to the characters. It's not soap opera, because it does have purpose, but it is sloppy writing (there was no way to get around Nicky without sloppy writing).

I'm not sure I buy the immediate change in direction to Baltar's storyline. It seemed like a scene, at least, was missing. Maybe on the DVD?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old January 26 2009, 08:08 PM   #130
Maab of the Ten Tribes
Captain

I'm giving it above average. Like others here i think the dookey is going to hit the fan next week whereas this ep is the lead-in to that.
Old January 27 2009, 04:12 AM   #131
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Above Average - seems like largely setup for bigger things, but good in its own right.

Finally Zarek bares his fangs - I've been waiting for that for four frakkin' years now. Gaeta and Starbuck snarling at each other was a good scene. Tyrol abandoning Nicky just because the kid doesn't have his DNA was pretty cold and destroys whatever sympathy I had for the character.

The only thing that bugged me is no Sam. What the frak is going on with him? Has Starbuck reconciled herself to being married to a Cylon? Or are recent events just going to make her even more surly than ever?

Poor Sam, you know Gaeta is going to be angrier about that particular Cylon than all the others, even tho the whole leg thing was unavoidable and Sam shouldn't be blamed. (Plus, didn't Sam bail on the kangaroo court that was sentencing Gaeta?)

Oh yeah and Baltar's storyline continues to be pointless and Roslin's skullcap is way too obvious...they shoulda made her shave her head for the show!

Oh and I just *love* how upset everyone is now... acting like Adama & Roslin made them go find earth at gunpoint. Right, they never wanted to do that at all. They had such great plans to do other things.
But that's just how people are when things go south - looking for someone to blame and afflicted with sudden, conveeenient amnesia regarding their own behaviors and attitudes.
Old January 27 2009, 04:21 AM   #132
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Tyrol abandoning Nicky just because the kid doesn't have his DNA was pretty cold and destroys whatever sympathy I had for the character.
He didn't. He's simply passing on some responsability to the actual father while he deals with other stuff. Seems fair. Remember, Hotdog says "until when?", and he says "till I get back". He has no intention of abandoning Nicky.
Old January 27 2009, 04:26 AM   #133
The Borg Queen
Rear Admiral

He actually said until he sobers up, but yeah.

He's had a lot to deal with, finding out he's a Cylon and that it may be the reason for Cally's suicide and now revelation of Nicky not even being his child.

He isn't rejecting Nicky, he just needs some support to look after him because he's not really in the best place right now.
Old January 27 2009, 04:27 AM   #134
Harvey
Admiral

I wonder if Sam wasn't present due to Michael Trucco's car accident injuries he suffered during the writer's strike?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old January 27 2009, 04:56 AM   #135
McCoy
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Poor Sam, you know Gaeta is going to be angrier about that particular Cylon than all the others, even tho the whole leg thing was unavoidable and Sam shouldn't be blamed.
How in the world is Sam not responsible for Gaeta's leg? No one forced or even ordered him to shoot Gaeta. He made that decision on his own. I was shocked he wasn't strongly disciplined, until I saw the deleted scene on the DVD that showed nobody was willing to say what happened. I'm still kind of surprised that Adama would let that go considering how extensive the injury was.