Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 40 21.05%
Above Average 84 44.21%
Average 47 24.74%
Below Average 14 7.37%
Poor 5 2.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 24 2009, 05:25 AM   #31
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

At this point I really hope the 5th isn't Ellen, I want it to be Geata now

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 24 2009, 05:25 AM   #32
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Average or "What did you do to deserve such an episode?"

What is Baltar's game...just stirring up shit?

The part about Cally and Hawt-Dawg felt forced in. Wondering if its to give the Tyrol leeway to die or leave or something or just to make Athena's kid special again. (I don't read spoilers)

Gaeta gone bad. When have seen the face of the enemy and he is us! Or is he right? Seeing Six and Tigh cozy and preggers happy, the Chief's new alliegance to the Cylons...Zarek's last words to Adama.

The Ellen reveal was only mentioned in passing, and obviously Tigh told Adama.

So, Lucy Lawless is apparently starving to death on Earth.

Nice to see Cottle again.
Old January 24 2009, 05:27 AM   #33
xoEJox
Lieutenant

"Frakkin' bluh bluh!"

I'm so getting that on a T-shirt.
Old January 24 2009, 05:27 AM   #34
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

RJHJ wrote: View Post

Oh and I really don't want to see Laura bald anymore. Please no more. That makes Baby Baltar cry....
My mom's in almost exactly the same place health-wise. I'm glad they aren't glossing over the fact that cancer sucks. They aren't afraid to show it and I applaud them for it.
Old January 24 2009, 05:27 AM   #35
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Yeah, my grandma is also going through Cancer right now, and bald due to chemo, so they are being very realistic.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 24 2009, 05:28 AM   #36
Zombie
Fleet Captain

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Average or "What did you do to deserve such an episode?"

What is Baltar's game...just stirring up shit?
Baltar feels betrayed. He too was expecting the 13th Colony. They all were. Human and Cylon. Head Six never said anything about Earth being a blasted out shell.

To come up on Earth like that shattered him too.

The part about Cally and Hawt-Dawg felt forced in. Wondering if its to give the Tyrol leeway to die or leave or something or just to make Athena's kid special again. (I don't read spoilers)
They have to make Athena's kid special. Otherwise what was the point of a good chunk of the last three years fighting over her?
Old January 24 2009, 05:29 AM   #37
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

Poor Hotdog. I don't think Tyrol is going to just walk away totally. Kid has been in his life and someone needs to help Hotdog.
Yeah, it's not like a switch one can just flip off.

(I know this from personal experience.)
Old January 24 2009, 05:32 AM   #38
Zombie
Fleet Captain

Wow that was much shorter then your usual posts. Oh wait other board.......

Anyways.....

Excellent episode laying the groundwork for the next one but please no more fillers after this. Let's go balls out straight to the finish!!!!
Old January 24 2009, 05:38 AM   #39
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I don't think Tyrol is going to just walk away totally. Kid has been in his life and someone needs to help Hotdog.
Yeah.
Old January 24 2009, 05:41 AM   #40
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I'm surprised so few people identify with Gaeta's position. Although some of what he said to Starbuck was uncalled for, bred of ignorance of how the Final Five are different from the other Cylons, his beef with the Roslin/Adama administration is legit enough. They were promised a future on Earth. Instead, they got jack shit, and are now getting an alliance with the Cylons shoved down their throats. Although we've had a deeper look at what's been going on with the Cylons, most people in the fleet haven't, and only know the Cylons as the brutal monsters that virtually wiped out humanity. Gaeta, going by the webisodes, has even more personal reasons for hating them.

At this point, where can he put his faith and trust? He became disillusioned with Baltar on New Caprica. Cylons cost him many friends, and a leg. Adama and Roslin failed to deliver on their promises, and cost him yet another friend. Zarek would be looking pretty good right about now, as a man with a vision and the ambition to make it happen.
My blog
Old January 24 2009, 05:44 AM   #41
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Baltar feels betrayed. He too was expecting the 13th Colony. They all were. Human and Cylon. Head Six never said anything about Earth being a blasted out shell.

Probably.

But Baltar coolly sits down and watches Tyrol pummel Hot Dog, with a statisfied look about both that and the angry crowd he stirred up.

They have to make Athena's kid special. Otherwise what was the point of a good chunk of the last three years fighting over her?[/quote]

As we know, she was still the first human-cylon kid. And the Cylons wanted her, plus Laura and her frakked up dreams. There was already that set-up, none of it was necessarily negated by Tyrol fathering a child after that plot line was set-up, especially since the whole story of the final 5 hasn't been determined (that perhaps they don't have the other 7 models' reproductive weakenesses). Not sure the "ret-con" was needed.
Old January 24 2009, 05:45 AM   #42
Zombie
Fleet Captain

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I don't think Tyrol is going to just walk away totally. Kid has been in his life and someone needs to help Hotdog.
Yeah.
I'd rep you if they would ever allow it on this board.

However I'm sure they don't want the disaster that would follow.
Old January 24 2009, 05:46 AM   #43
Moocey
Vice Admiral

Great ep!

And I hope someone puts a bullet in Zarek's head sometime soon!
Old January 24 2009, 05:49 AM   #44
Zombie
Fleet Captain

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I'm surprised so few people identify with Gaeta's position. Although some of what he said to Starbuck was uncalled for, bred of ignorance of how the Final Five are different from the other Cylons, his beef with the Roslin/Adama administration is legit enough. They were promised a future on Earth. Instead, they got jack shit, and are now getting an alliance with the Cylons shoved down their throats. Although we've had a deeper look at what's been going on with the Cylons, most people in the fleet haven't, and only know the Cylons as the brutal monsters that virtually wiped out humanity. Gaeta, going by the webisodes, has even more personal reasons for hating them.

At this point, where can he put his faith and trust? He became disillusioned with Baltar on New Caprica. Cylons cost him many friends, and a leg. Adama and Roslin failed to deliver on their promises, and cost him yet another friend. Zarek would be looking pretty good right about now, as a man with a vision and the ambition to make it happen.
I identify with his position. But he still needs airlock. He's gotten annoying.
Old January 24 2009, 05:51 AM   #45
Zombie
Fleet Captain

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post

Probably.

But Baltar coolly sits down and watches Tyrol pummel Hot Dog, with a statisfied look about both that and the angry crowd he stirred up.
Baltar like Roslin probably doesn't give a damn anymore. Plus I think he was high.

As we know, she was still the first human-cylon kid. And the Cylons wanted her, plus Laura and her frakked up dreams. There was already that set-up, none of it was necessarily negated by Tyrol fathering a child after that plot line was set-up, especially since the whole story of the final 5 hasn't been determined (that perhaps they don't have the other 7 models' reproductive weakenesses). Not sure the "ret-con" was needed.
They needed it. Fan-boys would never let it go. "WAHHHHHHH how come Nicki isn't special too??????????? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"