RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,092
Posts: 5,399,311
Members: 24,737
Currently online: 501
Newest member: jonjps246

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old January 19 2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Spock's mother's full {maiden} name is Amanda Grayson. Robin's real name is Dick Grayson.

That's circumstantial proof 1. Or is it “proof”?

Circumstantial proof 2 to possibly back this up is a reference in a TNG episode to the baseball club Gotham Dynamites.

As in Gotham City?

Is this “proof” as well?

Then there's the tangent issue here of Spock possibly, if not probably, definitely{?}, being a descendant of Arthur Conan Doyle. He is, isn't he? Based on STVI:TUC.

If I'm right then both Spock & Robin {Dick Grayson} are descendants of Arthur Conan Doyle.

How cool is that?
Aquehonga is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 10:11 PM   #2
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Aquehonga wrote: View Post
Spock's mother's full {maiden} name is Amanda Grayson. Robin's real name is Dick Grayson.

That's circumstantial proof 1. Or is it “proof”?

Circumstantial proof 2 to possibly back this up is a reference in a TNG episode to the baseball club Gotham Dynamites.

As in Gotham City?

Is this “proof” as well?

Then there's the tangent issue here of Spock possibly, if not probably, definitely{?}, being a descendant of Arthur Conan Doyle. He is, isn't he? Based on STVI:TUC.

If I'm right then both Spock & Robin {Dick Grayson} are descendants of Arthur Conan Doyle.

How cool is that?
The Gotham baseball team (in the comics at least) are known as the Gotham Knights.
JoeZhang is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 10:22 PM   #3
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

yes and the Gotham team named on 'Buck' Bokai's baseball card was the Gotham Bats.

and i think it's a coinky-dink. or are you going to tell me I'm related to Stephen Fry because we share the same surname and Bones is a descendent of Beast from X-Men because they are both Doctor McCoy?
captcalhoun is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 10:32 PM   #4
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Nope. Amanda's great-great-great grandfather was Benjamin Spock.
RandyS is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 10:40 PM   #5
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral
 
Ryan Thomas Riddle's Avatar
 
Location: The Bay Area
View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

According to Enterprise, Superman comics exist in the Trekverse. Therefore it goes to reason that so do Batman comics and that Dick Grayson is a fictional character within that universe.
__________________
A mild-mannered reporter

Last edited by Ryan Thomas Riddle; January 19 2009 at 11:15 PM.
Ryan Thomas Riddle is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 10:49 PM   #6
blaXXer
Fleet Captain
 
blaXXer's Avatar
 
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Aquehonga wrote: View Post
Spock's mother's full {maiden} name is Amanda Grayson. Robin's real name is Dick Grayson.

That's circumstantial proof 1. Or is it “proof”?

Circumstantial proof 2 to possibly back this up is a reference in a TNG episode to the baseball club Gotham Dynamites.

As in Gotham City?

Is this “proof” as well?

Then there's the tangent issue here of Spock possibly, if not probably, definitely{?}, being a descendant of Arthur Conan Doyle. He is, isn't he? Based on STVI:TUC.

If I'm right then both Spock & Robin {Dick Grayson} are descendants of Arthur Conan Doyle.

How cool is that?
You're an idiot, proof, or is that "proof"?
__________________
www.blaxxer.de
blaXXer is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 11:18 PM   #7
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod
 
Misfit Toy's Avatar
 
Location: Transporter buffer
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

blaXXer wrote: View Post
You're an idiot, proof, or is that "proof"?
C'mon - you know better than that. Dial it back, please.

Besides, after the travesty that was X-Men/Star Trek, is this really so different?
__________________
Woof.
Misfit Toy is offline  
Old January 19 2009, 11:59 PM   #8
john titor
Captain
 
Location: the universe
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

middyseafort wrote: View Post
According to Enterprise, Superman comics exist in the Trekverse. Therefore it goes to reason that so do Batman comics and that Dick Grayson is a fictional character within that universe.
not to be anal but there's no physical evidence that batman comics exist in the st universe.
john titor is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 12:04 AM   #9
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral
 
USS Triumphant's Avatar
 
Location: Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

john titor wrote: View Post
not to be anal but there's no physical evidence that batman comics exist in the st universe.
And you'd know, being from the future and all, right?
USS Triumphant is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 12:36 AM   #10
EnsignRicky
Commodore
 
EnsignRicky's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Far Beyond
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

USS_Triumphant wrote: View Post
john titor wrote: View Post
not to be anal but there's no physical evidence that batman comics exist in the st universe.
And you'd know, being from the future and all, right?
You don't have to be from the future, you just have to know that Batman has never been mentioned in any incarnation of Star Trek. That being said, if Superman is shown to exist, it only seems natural for Batman to follow. Jeez, look what I'm typing about; Thank God for anonymity.
__________________
Use Only As Directed
EnsignRicky is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 01:33 AM   #11
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

middyseafort wrote: View Post
According to Enterprise, Superman comics exist in the Trekverse. Therefore it goes to reason that so do Batman comics and that Dick Grayson is a fictional character within that universe.

Re: this news^>

As the tree said to the lumberjack: “I'm stumped!”
Aquehonga is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 01:37 AM   #12
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral
 
USS Triumphant's Avatar
 
Location: Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

EnsignRicky wrote: View Post
You don't have to be from the future, you just have to know that Batman has never been mentioned in any incarnation of Star Trek. That being said, if Superman is shown to exist, it only seems natural for Batman to follow. Jeez, look what I'm typing about; Thank God for anonymity.


But I was actually referring to his username. Visit www.johntitor.com and you'll see what I meant.
USS Triumphant is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 02:35 AM   #13
Semah
Commander
 
Semah's Avatar
 
Location: I am a leaf on the wind.
Send a message via AIM to Semah Send a message via Yahoo to Semah
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
blaXXer wrote: View Post
You're an idiot, proof, or is that "proof"?
C'mon - you know better than that. Dial it back, please.

Besides, after the travesty that was X-Men/Star Trek, is this really so different?

Damn it! I had forgotten about those. Now I have to drink until I forget again!
Semah is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 02:59 AM   #14
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Based on what folks are saying its more likely Spock's descended from Robin Williams than Robin of BATMAN.

I hope not!

Spock's ancestor being the Sultan of Schmaltz The Magistrate of Mr. Goodbars

IF Mr. Spock turns out to be Robin William's descendant, I'll lose at least 80% of my admiration & respect for him.

Probability now pointing toward that Robin {His Irritance} more likely being Spock's ancestor than Batman's Robin

Figures as much. How's that for a kick in the teeth?

Oh, the pain, as Dr. Smith would say.

Robin Willliams indeed

Mr. Williams can Robin this>

Aquehonga is offline  
Old January 20 2009, 03:46 AM   #15
T'Cal
Commodore
 
T'Cal's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Re: Is Spock a descendant of Robin from BATMAN? I have “evidence”.

Related to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? I always thought he was refering to Sir ACD's character, Sherlock Holmes.

***SPOILER ALERT***
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>




They both fictional...
__________________
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Judge Aaron Satie
T'Cal is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ancestry, batman, holmes, robin, spock

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.