A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 17 2009, 06:31 PM   #16
EnsignRicky
Commodore

Re: There must be a second Earth...

I think it's Earth. Unless Bob Dylan and Jimmi Hendrix are Cylons.
Old January 17 2009, 06:38 PM   #17
The_Beef
Lieutenant Commander

I find all of these theories rather compelling, but I feel one fundamental element is being left out. There's still the question of the mystical nature of a lot of these events, the mystical quality that has been present from the beginning when Head-Six began talking about God's plan for Baltar. There appears to be something orchestrating these events. There is something behind Head-Six, behind the visions, behind Starbuck's death and resurrection. All of these things are no doubt tied into the 5 and Earth, but there's simply no way to truly say what is going on. I think all these timelines are compelling and they may have a lot of truth to them, but I feel that there is something much more complex behind the rebirth of the 5 and possibly behind everything in this repeating mythological cycle. I don't think any possible synopsis can be complete until we can answer these questions, too.
Old January 17 2009, 06:38 PM   #18
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

FleetLord wrote: View Post
This may not be 'our Earth'. What have they done to let us believe this is the Earth we know. The have not shown the moon or any other solar objects that we could reconize, also no reconizable land masses or anthing Earth specific. We know from Tyrol's flashback that they had cars of some sort, but they never showed them, we only heard them.

I believe that this is RDM's way of pulling the OldBsg's Terra element on us.
I don't know. Who's to say "our Earth" even exists in BSG? If this isn't "our Earth" it's as close as we're going to get, I think.
Old January 17 2009, 06:44 PM   #19
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

The_Beef wrote: View Post
I find all of these theories rather compelling, but I feel one fundamental element is being left out. There's still the question of the mystical nature of a lot of these events, the mystical quality that has been present from the beginning when Head-Six began talking about God's plan for Baltar. There appears to be something orchestrating these events. There is something behind Head-Six, behind the visions, behind Starbuck's death and resurrection. All of these things are no doubt tied into the 5 and Earth, but there's simply no way to truly say what is going on. I think all these timelines are compelling and they may have a lot of truth to them, but I feel that there is something much more complex behind the rebirth of the 5 and possibly behind everything in this repeating mythological cycle. I don't think any possible synopsis can be complete until we can answer these questions, too.
Good point. And RDM was asked about all those things, and confirmed we'd get answers for all of them. I mean, we have 9 episodes left. They better spend them answering questions and resolving things!
My blog
Old January 17 2009, 06:53 PM   #20
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

There are at least two Earths.

All this has happens countless times, and all thins will happen more countless times, so there could be countless Earths. I think the end of the show will be several of the "cylons", either the cylon-human babies or the cylon-cylon babies (which they need to explain) on our Earth, in our time walking around as a hint that all this has happened before and all this will happen again, this time to us.
Old January 17 2009, 06:58 PM   #21
broberfett
Vice Admiral

There is no second Earth. This is the writer's rebellion against shiny, happy Star Trek. He took a huge depressing dump on BSG and this dreary ending is all we get. I was tired of Vancouver in summer, in winter it is even uglier.
Old January 17 2009, 07:06 PM   #22
Bones
Captain

I basically agree with the thought process of the OP.

However I have this twist: All of the humans are cylons.

There are several pieces of evidence for this:
1/ Watch Dee's reactions in the scenes immediately following where she picked up the jacks on Earth. She is clearly in a greater state of shock than everybody else. Then you have the post-suicide scene where Lee is going through her things...and finds a bag of jacks. I think the jacks on Earth stimulated her memory in the same way that the wall did for Tyrol and the guitar did for Anders. Dee realized realized she was a Cylon, couldn't deal, and killed herself.

2/ WTF is up with Starbuck? Either the current Kara Thrace is a clone/download of the Kara that burned up in re-entry or the body in the Viper is a clone of the original Kara and put there by somebody as part of a head trip on Kara (less likely). In the first scenario, there is some form of resurrection hub left on earth or other means of regeneration/resurrection. (I won't persue the implications of the second scenario because I think it is unlikely)

I have thought this for a long time, there just wasn't enough evidence for it. Now there's enough bread crumbs out there that I think this is where the writers are heading.
Old January 17 2009, 07:34 PM   #23
PurpleBuddha
Rear Admiral

FleetLord wrote: View Post
This may not be 'our Earth'. What have they done to let us believe this is the Earth we know. The have not shown the moon or any other solar objects that we could reconize, also no reconizable land masses or anthing Earth specific. We know from Tyrol's flashback that they had cars of some sort, but they never showed them, we only heard them.

I believe that this is RDM's way of pulling the OldBsg's Terra element on us.
Two things.

1.) He called it earth

2.) Bob Dylan

-Ronald Reagan
Old January 17 2009, 07:42 PM   #24
Maestro
Vice Admiral

I want to know more about the nuclear holocaust on Earth. Did robot Cylons rebel against their skinjob Cylon masters? Did any of the skinjobs escape? They had to, as the Final Five are from the 13th Tribe. Where did they go? How did they get to the Colonies?

In these last 10 episodes, there's a lot of information that we're going to get, and I think this notion of "oh teh noez, they found teh Earthz and it was teh_suxx0rs" is going to fade right quick as we get answers to some of those questions.
Old January 17 2009, 08:45 PM   #25
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

In the interview with Moore someone posted he said..

This is Earth, this is what they were looking for, this is the Earth of the legends and blah blah.

However all this happens before and all this again, that means these last colonies can go out, find another planet, and start over the whole chain of events over leading up to another Earth.
Old January 17 2009, 09:47 PM   #26
Lyon_Wonder
Commander

Maybe this is earth in the nBSG universe has a different history than ours?
Old January 17 2009, 10:08 PM   #27
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

This is an interesting theory... and it would also allow room for a thirteenth Cylon "model" as well, should that particular revelation be made.
Old January 17 2009, 11:56 PM   #28
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Earth 2?
Old January 18 2009, 12:27 AM   #29
Tom
Rear Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Earth 2?
I did not see Clancey Brown or Jessica Steen .
Old January 18 2009, 12:41 AM   #30
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

If they can deal with the Cavill-faction of the Cylons, the Colonials can then settle in any number of places. I can't really remember after all this time, but is there anything preventing them from returning to New Caprica other than that the Cylons know where it is?

"Bad memories" is not a sufficient reason to avoid it, given that these people are slowly (and in some instances rapidly) dying out in space.