RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,911
Posts: 5,331,029
Members: 24,558
Currently online: 537
Newest member: laurah2215

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

View Poll Results: Kes V Seven of Nine
Kes 24 20.87%
7 of 9 67 58.26%
I liked them both equally 22 19.13%
I disliked them both equally 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old March 3 2009, 02:09 AM   #181
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

"I'm so senile and stupid I forgot how I saw you murder me in the past in a couple minutes after i kill you here and travel back in time to kill you again because..."

The special effects were good, and the writers were probably remembering how much everyone used to say "And then she dressed up in leather and killed people, it was so hot." as her glory day(s) they'd want to super position for this final farewell.

All Fury did was prove that Banjoman was right (worst t-shirt slogan ever.) that the Ocampa needed a Caretaker if this dementia we saw was typcal of her species around the 7 or 8 years old mark.

I saw friendship one recently and I thought that the scene where Joe was shot was hilarious. Like Die Hard if it's soul had been gutted. Dead bodies like chordwood, not. Though one of my favourite movies is Dog day Afternoon, so Voyagers crew getting frakked up by basically survivalist hillbillies is letting the side down since it was T'Pol 200 years earlier who was talking about transporting stun grenades into an underground structure... Yes, the antimatter was disturbing the ships sensors and they needed pattern enhancers to get the biological matter from a to b, but the pattern buffers were on to send Joes corpse up.

ARRRGH!

%90 of the time Voaygers writers make our heroes idiots, rather than create exceptional villians.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 02:22 AM   #182
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
If it was deliberate insult (which I doubt) maybe they wanted to pander to some of the "Good Kes" dislikers like me who ended up liking her for a while. "Bad Kes" was a breath of fresh air.
Amen!
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 08:10 AM   #183
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
If it was deliberate insult (which I doubt) maybe they wanted to pander to some of the "Good Kes" dislikers like me who ended up liking her for a while. "Bad Kes" was a breath of fresh air.
"Bad kes" was crap and so was the whole episode. I guess that only hate-mongers would get something out of it.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 10:52 AM   #184
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude
 
Miss Chicken's Avatar
 
Location: Howrah, Hobart, Tasmania
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Well, I disagree. In my opinion it was one of the better Kes episodes though I think any episodes without Kes in them are better still.
Miss Chicken is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 03:42 PM   #185
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Lynx wrote: View Post
Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
If it was deliberate insult (which I doubt) maybe they wanted to pander to some of the "Good Kes" dislikers like me who ended up liking her for a while. "Bad Kes" was a breath of fresh air.
"Bad kes" was crap and so was the whole episode. I guess that only hate-mongers would get something out of it.
Heaven forbid someone not like Kes. If you do, it becomes personal.

Seriously, why is it trolling to say "Kes sucks" but calling a poster a "hate monger" is tolerated?
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 05:26 PM   #186
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
If it was deliberate insult (which I doubt) maybe they wanted to pander to some of the "Good Kes" dislikers like me who ended up liking her for a while. "Bad Kes" was a breath of fresh air.
"Bad kes" was crap and so was the whole episode. I guess that only hate-mongers would get something out of it.
Heaven forbid someone not like Kes. If you do, it becomes personal.

Seriously, why is it trolling to say "Kes sucks" but calling a poster a "hate monger" is tolerated?
Well, in this case I have to quote an authority from a previous post:

exodus wrote:
"Don't go digging for trouble"


Nothing has become personal here. Another poster stated her dislike of the character and showed malice over the character's "departure" so I simply wrote my opinion about the character and my opinion over the season 4-7 episodes. Then it became a rant over "Fury" and since I hate that episode, I explained that too.

As for the "hate-monger" comment, I can actually back it up with facts which you are aware of as well. The only people who like "Fury" are those who sincerely hate the character and probably found some pleasure in seeing the character getting destroyed. Since you are posting on the startrek.com forum as well, I'm sure that you already know about that. The comment wasn't aimed at any specific poster.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 05:35 PM   #187
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post

"Bad kes" was crap and so was the whole episode. I guess that only hate-mongers would get something out of it.
Heaven forbid someone not like Kes. If you do, it becomes personal.

Seriously, why is it trolling to say "Kes sucks" but calling a poster a "hate monger" is tolerated?
Well, in this case I have to quote an authority from a previous post:

exodus wrote:
"Don't go digging for trouble"


Nothing has become personal here. Another poster stated her dislike of the character and showed malice over the character's "departure" so I simply wrote my opinion about the character and my opinion over the season 4-7 episodes. Then it became a rant over "Fury" and since I hate that episode, I explained that too.

As for the "hate-monger" comment, I can actually back it up with facts which you are aware of as well. The only people who like "Fury" are those who sincerely hate the character and probably found some pleasure in seeing the character getting destroyed. Since you are posting on the startrek.com forum as well, I'm sure that you already know about that. The comment wasn't aimed at any specific poster.
Just because you believe some thing about people online doesn't make it true because you facts about such posters are often incorrect.

Miss Chicken has been a member here for a number of years & a very respected member of the board, "hate-monger" is not a term I think anybody would use to describe her as well as many others that didn't care for Kes either. If you wish to base your opinion of posters on how they view Kes, then you don't really know people here at all and most likely never will.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Last edited by exodus; March 3 2009 at 05:54 PM.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 05:57 PM   #188
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Heaven forbid someone not like Kes. If you do, it becomes personal.

Seriously, why is it trolling to say "Kes sucks" but calling a poster a "hate monger" is tolerated?
Well, in this case I have to quote an authority from a previous post:

exodus wrote:
"Don't go digging for trouble"


Nothing has become personal here. Another poster stated her dislike of the character and showed malice over the character's "departure" so I simply wrote my opinion about the character and my opinion over the season 4-7 episodes. Then it became a rant over "Fury" and since I hate that episode, I explained that too.

As for the "hate-monger" comment, I can actually back it up with facts which you are aware of as well. The only people who like "Fury" are those who sincerely hate the character and probably found some pleasure in seeing the character getting destroyed. Since you are posting on the startrek.com forum as well, I'm sure that you already know about that. The comment wasn't aimed at any specific poster.
Just because you believe some thing about people online doesn't make it true because you facts about such posters are often incorrect.

Miss Chicken has been a member here for a number of years & a very respected member of the board, "hate-monger" is not a term I think anybody would use to describe her as well as many others that didn't care for Kes either. If you wish to base your opinion of posters on how they view Kes, then you don't really know people here at all and most likely never will.
What I did was to state that the only people who seem to like that horrible episode are those who hate the character Kes. You can't accuse me for being wrong in this case.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 06:00 PM   #189
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post

Well, in this case I have to quote an authority from a previous post:

exodus wrote:


Nothing has become personal here. Another poster stated her dislike of the character and showed malice over the character's "departure" so I simply wrote my opinion about the character and my opinion over the season 4-7 episodes. Then it became a rant over "Fury" and since I hate that episode, I explained that too.

As for the "hate-monger" comment, I can actually back it up with facts which you are aware of as well. The only people who like "Fury" are those who sincerely hate the character and probably found some pleasure in seeing the character getting destroyed. Since you are posting on the startrek.com forum as well, I'm sure that you already know about that. The comment wasn't aimed at any specific poster.
Just because you believe some thing about people online doesn't make it true because you facts about such posters are often incorrect.

Miss Chicken has been a member here for a number of years & a very respected member of the board, "hate-monger" is not a term I think anybody would use to describe her as well as many others that didn't care for Kes either. If you wish to base your opinion of posters on how they view Kes, then you don't really know people here at all and most likely never will.
What I did was to state that the only people who seem to like that horrible episode are those who hate the character Kes. You can't accuse me for being wrong in this case.
Sure I can, it's an opinion and in no way factual.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 06:05 PM   #190
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

^^
It's as close to factual that you can get.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 06:11 PM   #191
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
It's as close to factual that you can get.
So is a Transvestite but it's still far from the truth.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 07:34 PM   #192
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
It's as close to factual that you can get.
So is a Transvestite but it's still far from the truth.
You know that I'm telling the truth in this case. Those we both have encountered on certain forums who likes "Fury" have been what I would call "Class 1 Kes-haters" who have found pleasure in seeing the character being destroyed.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 08:19 PM   #193
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
It's as close to factual that you can get.
So is a Transvestite but it's still far from the truth.
You know that I'm telling the truth in this case. Those we both have encountered on certain forums who likes "Fury" have been what I would call "Class 1 Kes-haters" who have found pleasure in seeing the character being destroyed.
Nope, I have never shared your opinion in this matter nor will I ever support it. You've compared me to Hilter in the past due to an opinion about Kes. Why on God's green Earth would I ever take your side on anything after that?

I just think once again you're taking serious issues with people for simply not liking a character to the extreme like you do. I think the problem you've had in the past, present & future have nothing to do with peoples opinions Kes, I think they're tried of feeling they need to answer to you as if you own the rights to this character. Many you call "hate-monger" or "so-called fans" aren't going to care what you think anymore or give you the time of day because of it.

I'm sorry you can't move beyond this, I am but there comes a time when some have to move beyond you and whatever issues you kling too.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 08:25 PM   #194
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
So is a Transvestite but it's still far from the truth.
You know that I'm telling the truth in this case. Those we both have encountered on certain forums who likes "Fury" have been what I would call "Class 1 Kes-haters" who have found pleasure in seeing the character being destroyed.
Nope, I have never shared your opinion in this matter nor will I ever support it. You've compared me to Hilter in the past due to an opinion about Kes. Why on God's green Earth would I ever take your side on anything after that?

I just think once again you're taking serious issues with people for simply not liking a character to the extreme like you do. I think the problem you've had in the past, present & future have nothing to do with peoples opinions Kes, I think they're tried of feeling they need to answer to you as if you own the rights to this character. Many you call "hate-monger" or "so-called fans" aren't going to care what you think anymore or give you the time of day because of it.

I'm sorry you can't move beyond this, I am but there comes a time when some have to move beyond you and whatever issues you kling too.
Well, I'm not gonna start digging into old dirt here but your behavior against me at the startrek.com forum wasn't the nicest either.

I've tried to make peace twice and was stabbed in the back twice.

As for this discussion, I see no reason to continue it since it will only lead to trouble for both of us.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline  
Old March 3 2009, 09:10 PM   #195
Akiraprise
Moderator
 
Akiraprise's Avatar
 
Re: Kes V Seven of Nine

This thread is temporarily closed while I debate warning both exodus and Lynx for dragging yet another Kes topic completely off the rails. You two need to take up your issues with each other via PM, or IGNORE each other. I am getting tired of every Kes thread turning into a pissing match. It will stop one way or another.
__________________
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
kes, seven of nine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.