Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old November 22 2009, 01:55 PM   #301
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
AS ALWAYS it doesn't matter how fit the muscle is underneath if you don't eat right you wont see them!

RAMA
Heh. Story of my life.

I did a killer hour of Vinyassa Flow yoga (this kind of yoga is serves as an intensive workout), and I guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought. I held out the whole hour and had only minor soreness overall -- I was certainly feeling that downward dog the next day, though.
I'll have to look that one up. I think my wife needs a more intensive kind of yoga. She doesn't like to sweat (lol) so she needs something like yoga to atl east keep her going.
Old November 30 2009, 10:30 PM   #302
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Man, I tell ya, controlling your food intake during the holiday season is no easy feat (even when you have health reasons to have to do it). Hopefully, I'll keep my weight within a stable range, which should also be beneficial for my cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
Old December 1 2009, 01:59 AM   #303
RoJoHen
Awesome

I, on the other hand, have been sick for a week, and therefore have barely been eating at all. It's really annoying. I've lost some solid muscle mass because of it.
Old December 4 2009, 12:59 AM   #304
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

AS ALWAYS it doesn't matter how fit the muscle is underneath if you don't eat right you wont see them!

RAMA
Heh. Story of my life.

I did a killer hour of Vinyassa Flow yoga (this kind of yoga is serves as an intensive workout), and I guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought. I held out the whole hour and had only minor soreness overall -- I was certainly feeling that downward dog the next day, though.
I'll have to look that one up. I think my wife needs a more intensive kind of yoga. She doesn't like to sweat (lol) so she needs something like yoga to atl east keep her going.
If she doesn't like to sweat then Vinyassa Yoga is NOT for her. It is an intense workout -- everyone gets sweaty!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2009, 01:38 AM   #305
RoJoHen
Awesome

I actually found yoga workouts available on Netflix instant streaming. I might try one of them out sometime.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get over being sick. I worked out two days ago (the first time in 12 days), and it went very poorly.
Old December 5 2009, 04:04 AM   #306
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Heh. Story of my life.

If she doesn't like to sweat then Vinyassa Yoga is NOT for her. It is an intense workout -- everyone gets sweaty!
I've seen her sweat, I know she does!! She will give it a try.

RAMA
Old December 5 2009, 04:06 AM   #307
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Wow, I've really been in the zone with my workouts lately...not so much in weight lifted, just in intensity, commitment, and in overall conditioning. My diet has been much better since the World Series ended!

RAMA
Old December 8 2009, 02:29 PM   #308
RoJoHen
Awesome

Finally starting to get back to where I was before I got sick. Man, I was really weak there for a while. I pretty much spent 4 straight days not eating because my throat hurt too much, so I lost a lot of muscle.
Old December 9 2009, 08:16 PM   #309
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

My exercise level is about the same as far as cardio (elliptical machine), push ups, light weights. Diet is especially hard with all the goodies and holiday treats that put me in a festive mood, but I'm trying to eat more healthy and not forgetting to include more fruits and veggies.
Old December 9 2009, 10:44 PM   #310
RoJoHen
Awesome

An acquaintance of mine from college got a hold of me on facebook today. Turns out we're living really close to each other now. He challenged me to a deadlift competition.
Old December 10 2009, 08:19 PM   #311
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Awesome. Go for it.
Old December 17 2009, 01:16 PM   #312
RoJoHen
Awesome

Tried throwing deadlifts back into my routine tonight. It did not go well. My hamstrings have gotten weak. I kept losing balance.
Old December 18 2009, 02:59 AM   #313
RAMA
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I actually found yoga workouts available on Netflix instant streaming. I might try one of them out sometime.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get over being sick. I worked out two days ago (the first time in 12 days), and it went very poorly.

I found two Vinyasa Flow workouts on dvd...we'll see how it goes.
Old December 19 2009, 05:24 PM   #314
RoJoHen
Awesome

I'm kind of preparing for a rough few weeks. As much as I want to be healthy and working out hard, I know that I will be consuming a lot of alcohol. Tonight is my friend's birthday. Then I'll be going out sometime during the week with my friends who are home for the holidays. Next Sunday I'm going to a Blackhawk's game. Then the following week is New Years.

I might just say screw it until after that.
Old December 23 2009, 08:20 PM   #315
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I haven't had beer or liquor in ages, but I realize beer has lots of calories, too, but you have intense workouts, Rojo, and more muscle mass. I have trouble enough staying away from sweets during the holidays.