Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 17 2009, 06:05 AM   #226
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: "Sometimes a Great Notion" Live Commentary

Procutus wrote: View Post
cbspock wrote: View Post
I wonder if they will find Count Iblis..lol

You know it's funny, of all the other concepts or plot devises from the original show, Iblis is the one I'm still expecting to see before this is all said and done.
I feel the same way. I want that and a Dirk Benedict guest appearance, but that's not gonna happen now unless he does appear and they're keeping it a surprise.

Old January 17 2009, 06:06 AM   #227
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
How do we compare the fact that the humans where able to find Earth via that holodeck on Kobal then? Or the trail left by the 13th tribe to prevent modern Cylons from finding Earth?

In the first, it would require the 13th tribe to come back to Kobal at some point to leave the clue. Why leave the clue at all, what would be the point? Why build the tempel of the five on the Alge Planet and not on Earth?

I think we are probably looking at a situation where these three planets are being recycled every 4,000 years or so. They are caught in a temperal loop without the temporal loop. Only so many planets can support life and for whatever reason the humans, cylons, and machines are being guided in this loop over and over and over again to the amusement of Bill Murrey.
I hope that theory isn't correct, I don't want any time loops please.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 17 2009, 06:09 AM   #228
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Well they could always go with the whole "Everyone is already dead, the journey is pugatory, Earth=Heaven, Nuked Earth is a test, and only by faith can they discover the real "Earth"" angle.
Old January 17 2009, 06:13 AM   #229
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I think in the end they will find a planet to settle on, and only a few will be left. Those few make a new Earth and over time grow. That Earth will be our Earth.

So in short the show takes place thousands of years in our past and will lead up another loop.
Old January 17 2009, 06:15 AM   #230
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I think in the end they will find a planet to settle on, and only a few will be left. Those few make a new Earth and over time grow. That Earth will be our Earth.

So in short the show takes place thousands of years in our past and will lead up another loop.
I dunno, it looked like our Earth to me.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 17 2009, 07:47 AM   #231
Tulin
Vice Admiral

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Brolan wrote: View Post
To make the final Cylon a minor, dead, character smacks of them chickening out.
Agreed. It also smacks of "we've painted ourselves into a corner and we're pulling out of our asses at the this point"
Welcome to nuBSG.

Old January 17 2009, 08:14 AM   #232
Bacl
Fleet Captain

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Well they could always go with the whole "Everyone is already dead, the journey is pugatory, Earth=Heaven, Nuked Earth is a test, and only by faith can they discover the real "Earth"" angle.
You're confusing Battlestar Galactica with Lost. Just replace "Earth" with "Island" and there ya go!
Old January 17 2009, 08:17 AM   #233
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore

Chess Piece Face wrote: View Post
Ellen being the 5th Cylon in really boring and lame unless there is a 13th Cylon surprise waiting for us.
Thank you for typing that for me.

Ellen as the Fifth, no matter how interesting and dramatically stimulating I found her character to be earlier in the show, is a slap in the face at this point.

It would be such a major letdown that I just don't buy it at this point. Then again, it would not be the first time time that RDM has let me down with this show.
Old January 17 2009, 08:20 AM   #234
Commodore

I think you are right. That is, if you mean that there will be a few cylons and a few "regular" humans who have to intermingle in order to perpetuate.

I am so annoyed.
Old January 17 2009, 08:22 AM   #235
Commodore

Brent wrote: View Post

I dunno, it looked like our Earth to me.
Why?

How?
Old January 17 2009, 08:27 AM   #236
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

It's occurred to me that it really doesn't matter who the final Cylon is. At this point we now know that the five were from the past and not really sleeper agents. If they made it Roslin would it change anything? Not really, no. She won't all of a sudden say, "Let's join up with Cavil!"

Ellen seems a weird choice at first but in the end it may indeed work well.
Old January 17 2009, 09:17 AM   #237
Devnull
Captain

What an amazing ep, so much darkness in one neat little package.
Old January 17 2009, 10:29 AM   #238
Aragorn
Admiral

Who would be nuking the 13th tribe of Cylons on Earth? Humans?
The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved.
Old January 17 2009, 10:39 AM   #239
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Who would be nuking the 13th tribe of Cylons on Earth? Humans?
The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved.
But do they have a plan?
Old January 17 2009, 04:06 PM   #240
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

How do we compare the fact that the humans where able to find Earth via that holodeck on Kobal then? Or the trail left by the 13th tribe to prevent modern Cylons from finding Earth?

In the first, it would require the 13th tribe to come back to Kobal at some point to leave the clue. Why leave the clue at all, what would be the point? Why build the tempel of the five on the Alge Planet and not on Earth?

I think we are probably looking at a situation where these three planets are being recycled every 4,000 years or so. They are caught in a temperal loop without the temporal loop. Only so many planets can support life and for whatever reason the humans, cylons, and machines are being guided in this loop over and over and over again to the amusement of Bill Murrey.
In other words All This Has Happened Before And It Will Happen Again And Again And Again And Again......