CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 197 71.38%
Above Average 53 19.20%
Average 16 5.80%
Below Average 7 2.54%
Poor 3 1.09%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 17 2009, 06:49 AM   #91
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x11: "Sometimes a Great Notion"

Evil_Admiral wrote: View Post
Finally, the Ellen thing was kind of left-field. I mean the scene its self was powerful, as were the consequences to Tigh's life, but she was an unimportant character in the series largely.
I think they may very well be the point. We all had this idea in our heads about the Final Cylon being this all-important being within the show. If anything, this shows that the Cylons really aren't that different from us afterall.
Old January 17 2009, 08:12 AM   #92
Devnull
Captain

holy hell, what an amazing ep. Excellent.

Brent wrote: View Post
MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
They missed a chance to reference an X-Files episode by including the line "this is the field where I died".

The Adama-Tigh part was almost funny...GRRRR KILL ME, OR I'LL HAVE TO!! We know they'll pull it together, their "bro-mance" will go on!

I wish there was someone around at the end to tell D'anna "if anyone derserves to stay and rot in this lifeless tomb, it's you."

Loved Leoben getting freaked out. Not so chatty now, shithead?

For the radiation talk...is there nothing useful on Earth. Not even edible fish? Trees to make into toilet paper? (Radiation burns on yer bum!)

They can't go back to New Caprica? Sure it was kinda icky, but...
The other Cylons would find them if they went back to New Caprica
They probably check out new caprica, kobol, and the colonies on a regular basis.
Old January 17 2009, 08:32 AM   #93
Zombie
Fleet Captain

The Dee scene was shocking.

The Leobeon/Starbuck scene was creepy.

The flashbacks were cool. I liked the touch of Tyrol pointing out his shadow was where he died.

But there is one flashback we didn't see. Tory. We know she says she remembers but thats it.
Old January 17 2009, 08:59 AM   #94
Gregsmack
Captain

Small theory or thought here before I post a full-fledged review.

Ellen says that everything is in place, and that she and Saul will be reborn. Is it possible that the Earth-Cylon colony created a prototype resurrection technology? Could this be what she is referring to?

There's likely a lot of information yet to be had by the viewers, but I find this baby of an idea interesting and plausible.
Old January 17 2009, 09:06 AM   #95
Phily B
Fleet Captain

View Phily B's Twitter Profile

Above average, excellent until the last minute or two. I'm not kidding when I say that is serious shark jumping material.
Old January 17 2009, 09:11 AM   #96
Gregsmack
Captain

Phily B wrote: View Post
I'm not kidding when I say that is serious shark jumping material.
How so?
Old January 17 2009, 09:15 AM   #97
Phily B
Fleet Captain

A character who appeared in a handful of episodes, did fuck all other than betray and was a emotional thing for Tigh. That was all she did, to introduce a minor character as the final Cylon is stupid as fuck, I raged at the end of tonights episode.
Old January 17 2009, 09:25 AM   #98
Gregsmack
Captain

I'm not sure what we saw is exactly what we're getting. I'd wait until the the last episodes air before coming to a conclusion. There's still a lot of info to be had.
Old January 17 2009, 09:27 AM   #99
Phily B
Fleet Captain

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
I'm not sure what we saw is exactly what we're getting. I'd wait until the the last episodes air before coming to a conclusion. There's still a lot of info to be had.
I hope so, I've praised the show for years but tonight is the first time I've thought the show has jumped the shark and become crappy. I mean, the "twist" was AWFUL and I hope its just Tigh assuming or remembering the wrong crap.
Old January 17 2009, 09:36 AM   #100
Hyperspace05
Commodore

I hope so, I've praised the show for years but tonight is the first time I've thought the show has jumped the shark and become crappy. I mean, the "twist" was AWFUL and I hope its just Tigh assuming or remembering the wrong crap.
Perhaps... On the other hand if it was one of the main characters who was the final Cylon I would have the same reaction you have... "Gee, are *all* main characters Cylons?"

Having her by the final makes sense in an odd way - remember the cloud of suspicion she was under when she reappeared in the fleet in season 1? Oddly appropriate now, isn't it. Most likely she was not self-aware as a Cylon, either, so complaints about her character being a bitch shouldn't matter. I'm fine with the twist!

What I am most intrigued by now, though, is the nature of Starbuck. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that she is some kind of incarnation of the Cylon god. Or some other entity that has been pulling the strings behind the scenes.
Old January 17 2009, 09:49 AM   #101
Technobuilder
Commodore

Starbuck was hanging out with the "Ship of Lights"

Either that or time travel. It's a loop, this has all happened before and it will all happen again, yadda yadda yadda.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old January 17 2009, 10:05 AM   #102
RoJoHen
Awesome

A character who appeared in a handful of episodes, did fuck all other than betray and was a emotional thing for Tigh. That was all she did, to introduce a minor character as the final Cylon is stupid as fuck, I raged at the end of tonights episode.
Because Tori was so super important.

I think people are putting way too much stock in this "final Cylon" stuff. "Final" doesn't mean "most important." If she hadn't been killed on New Caprica, she would have heard the music and gotten switched on right with the other four.

What I want to know is how/where/why these Final Five got reborn. It obviously wasn't aboard a Resurrection Ship.
Old January 17 2009, 10:08 AM   #103
Apogeal Alpha01
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Apogeal Alpha01

Small theory or thought here before I post a full-fledged review.

Ellen says that everything is in place, and that she and Saul will be reborn. Is it possible that the Earth-Cylon colony created a prototype resurrection technology? Could this be what she is referring to?

There's likely a lot of information yet to be had by the viewers, but I find this baby of an idea interesting and plausible.
Reborn . . . Again. They were Cylon, people who had the ability to store their consciousness who had created a mechanical servant underclass, I gather.
Old January 17 2009, 10:11 AM   #104
DeadmeatDiggory
Commander

Is it just me, or did the Earth-Cylon head look remarkabliy like the new Cylon design for the abandoned Bryan Fuller Battlestar series?

Old January 17 2009, 10:12 AM   #105
RoJoHen
Awesome

Looks angrier than normal.