New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 197 71.38%
Above Average 53 19.20%
Average 16 5.80%
Below Average 7 2.54%
Poor 3 1.09%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 18 2009, 11:06 PM   #211
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x11: "Sometimes a Great Notion"

Q2UnME wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

DYING, I pretty sure Starbuck's original body was instantly deep fried meaning just dead that's kind of why her flight suite and helmet were black and why the body was scorched looking.
But then why wasn't her hair burned, or even singed? That's why I don't think it makes sense for her to have been burned. I thought her corpse was in such a state just because of normal decomposition, not burning. But it looked to me like much more than just a few months worth of decomposition (not that I'm an expert on such things). That's why I was wondering if time travel was involved.
Based on dialog from several episodes, it appears that Kara1.0 had been on earth approx 5 to 6 months. Given the state of the viper, smashed helmet face shield and exposure to weather/environment/critters, I think the level of decomp of Kara1.0 to be just about right.

Q2UnME
The time between Maelstrom and Crossroads/He That Believeth in Me was "over 2 months" according to Anders and Apollo.
Old January 18 2009, 11:08 PM   #212
Candlelight
Admiral

Why didn't they stick around in Earth orbit for a while? Galactica and I'm sure other ships needed the maintenance, maybe even attempt a crude drydock like they did with the Zephyr. Cavil was nowhere near finding them there yet so they should've stayed for a while.

So they have a few more suicides... so what...
Old January 18 2009, 11:24 PM   #213
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I caught this episode on Hulu last night ...first episode of the show I've seen in a long time. And I'll admit that I was moderately intrigued by what I saw in the first half, especially with the stuff concerning Starbuck's discovery and what not. I was extremely disappointed in the second half though and it underscores the main problem I had with the show way back when. They go part way toward delivering some real story and then backpeddle to highlight death and depression for the rest of the show. I'm not interested in half an hour of Adama looking grief-stricken ... enough of that in real life. I get that they want drama but this is a little too much excess. It gets to be trite after a while.
Old January 18 2009, 11:27 PM   #214
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Sci fi told SGA to lose there theme they told them it was because there research told them that people got board waiting for the show to start and switch over
Yet they have the patience to endure the mind-numbing tedium of an actual SG:A episode? Something fishy there.
Old January 18 2009, 11:32 PM   #215
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Serial thread killer wrote: View Post
...there research told them that people got board waiting for the show to start and switch over
Where research?

People got wood waiting for the show?
Old January 19 2009, 12:35 AM   #216
RoJoHen
Awesome

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post

But it makes sense. How she had first appeared. So I guess Baltar knew she was a Cylon.
Doesn't add up. When aboard the basestar, Baltar was curious about the final five. He even wanted to know if he was one of them. Never any indication that he knew about one of them already.
After finding out that Sharon was a Cylon, he decided he'd rather be ignorant than know the truth, so he changed his "Cylon Detector" to make everybody pass. The test may have actually revealed the Final Five a long time ago, but Baltar made sure he never knew the true results.
Old January 19 2009, 12:47 AM   #217
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Trubinator wrote: View Post
They go part way toward delivering some real story and then backpeddle to highlight death and depression for the rest of the show. I'm not interested in half an hour of Adama looking grief-stricken ... enough of that in real life. I get that they want drama but this is a little too much excess. It gets to be trite after a while.
To each their own.

There's enough shiny happy people on TV already in the shows I watch where everything works out just fine in the end. I wouldn't want everything on TV to be as bleak as BSG by any means, but I love this show because it's challenging. It's hard to watch sometimes because it's often mired in utter despair.

And that's why the few glimmers of hope you see are often very poignant against the stark backdrop of hopelessness.

Shows like BSG are like chocolate. Oh so delicious, but a diet full of it would kill you.
Old January 19 2009, 04:35 AM   #218
The Stig
Rear Admiral

Excellent

Much of what I'd want to say has been said already, but...

When Dee shot herself, I actually dropped the iPhone I was watching the episode on and had to stop watching for a few minutes. I didn't see that coming in a million years. I thought that we'd see that she was the final Cylon and I was kinda pissed off and then RDM did what he does best and pulled the rug out from under me.

Adama and Tigh's scene was brutal and awesome and I have to admit I got some guilty pleasure watching Roslin come apart at the seams, considering how self-righteous and completely full of bullshit she had become. If anyone deserves to be taken down a notch or two, it'd be her.

I loved, loved loved that the 13th tribe were Cylons. What a great way to stick the knife in just a little bit further. Not only is Earth dead, but even if it weren't, there are no humans to join on the planet below: just more of the enemy. Brilliant.

All that being said, I still feel that 'Revelations' served amazingly as a series finale. The back stretch of 10 are going to have to be pretty damned amazing to disabuse me of that notion.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
Old January 19 2009, 07:36 AM   #219
Saul
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post

But it makes sense. How she had first appeared. So I guess Baltar knew she was a Cylon.
Doesn't add up. When aboard the basestar, Baltar was curious about the final five. He even wanted to know if he was one of them. Never any indication that he knew about one of them already.
After finding out that Sharon was a Cylon, he decided he'd rather be ignorant than know the truth, so he changed his "Cylon Detector" to make everybody pass. The test may have actually revealed the Final Five a long time ago, but Baltar made sure he never knew the true results.
I see I thought he had just said that everyone passes even if he discovers they're a Cylon but it makes sense that he doesn't know the true results either.
Old January 19 2009, 01:10 PM   #220
Hermiod
Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Sci fi told SGA to lose there theme they told them it was because there research told them that people got board waiting for the show to start and switch over
Yet they have the patience to endure the mind-numbing tedium of an actual SG:A episode? Something fishy there.
Given some of the comments I've seen on Battlestar Wiki, the opening montage was left at the start of the episode for some viewers, maybe Canada ?

We'll see what happens when Sky One air the episode over here and when the episodes are released on DVD.
Old January 19 2009, 01:16 PM   #221
MPH
Rear Admiral

I like this show and this episode but christ its depressing I hope there is some sort of happy ending to theseries.
Old January 19 2009, 03:02 PM   #222
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Nobody wrote: View Post
middyseafort wrote: View Post
Magic_Al wrote: View Post

More likely the budget wasn't up to a Quorum scene.
And probably because the story was with Dualla and her suicide, not another boringand extraneous Quorum scene. Moreover, Bamber in the Baltar's trail had the "Howard Rourke" speech and did a dame fine job. So I say he was up to an oratory.
That's my thought, the writers wisely left the scene out. We weren't distracted by the public's reaction, letting us focus on the main character's reactions. I thought it was brilliant writing by not including something. The Quorum scene shifts the focus to "Lee's in charge" and the reaction of the rest of the fleet -- without it we have a more personal and heartbreaking story.
That was my conclusion as well but that was editted out of the quote of my test above.

Mr Awe
Old January 19 2009, 03:07 PM   #223
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Definitely excellent - several jaw dropping scenes there. Can't wait for more. Although I am curious why Starbuck came back from the planet with a gauze patch on her neck. Can't remember any on-screen reference to why that may have happened - probably a deleted scene somewhere along the way.
Old January 19 2009, 04:57 PM   #224
The Stig
Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Definitely excellent - several jaw dropping scenes there. Can't wait for more. Although I am curious why Starbuck came back from the planet with a gauze patch on her neck. Can't remember any on-screen reference to why that may have happened - probably a deleted scene somewhere along the way.
If you pay attention to her during the scenes on Earth, she appears to have gotten scratched up pushing through the bushes and vegitation during her search for the beacon. RDM also mentions in the podcast that the bandage was very bloody for some reason and that it was cleaned up in post so that it wasn't quite so obvious.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
Old January 19 2009, 05:56 PM   #225
Jax
Admiral

Above Average...The show is becoming a little too LOST like for me with no answers and only questions. The 5th Cylon was revealed too weak for my liking and I don't care for the answer in the end, trying to make unimportant characters mean something. Dee shhoting herself was stupid if she not a Cylon, made no sense why she would do it but even after all that negative, I loved the acting and undertone of the episode.

I just hope RDM has not dug himself too much of a deep hole when the answers come.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received