New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old February 25 2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Kaziarl
Commodore

SFJAG : Frontiers

Part 2 of my JAG idea thread. Thanks goes to Mirandafave for throwing around some ideas to brainstorm.
Federation President Roshembo visits a world applying for membership. The new members, know as the Lofskians, are on the extreme edge of known space; and as such security is tight. Even the legendary USS Enterprise is part of the event. But when disaster strikes, and an explosion leave the president badly injured, it’s up the Starfleet’s Judge Advocate General Corps and Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service to find the truth, and stop a war.
Old March 1 2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: SFJAG : Frontiers

I'll try to restrain my ire at the way the dumbass cop show genre is taking over sci fi and driving out all other concepts and reply in a reasonable fashion here, because I know you're not to blame for this overall extremely annoying trend.

The idea of a Starfleet JAG type character is not bad, but it's too limited if that's the sole focus of the show. I could go for an Odo type "lawman" character as one among a large rotating cast of characters. That way your Odo/JAG guy doesn't become a bore and you don't run out of story ideas too quickly.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Kaziarl
Commodore

Re: SFJAG : Frontiers

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I'll try to restrain my ire at the way the dumbass cop show genre is taking over sci fi and driving out all other concepts and reply in a reasonable fashion here, because I know you're not to blame for this overall extremely annoying trend.

The idea of a Starfleet JAG type character is not bad, but it's too limited if that's the sole focus of the show. I could go for an Odo type "lawman" character as one among a large rotating cast of characters. That way your Odo/JAG guy doesn't become a bore and you don't run out of story ideas too quickly.
Oh, I wouldn't look at it quite like that. Star Trek has always been about exploring humanity, usually by using viking and roman style aliens as allegories of ourselves. But I think how we deal with crime among ourselves, and our neighbors is just as useful a tool for the task.