Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 23 2014, 02:22 AM   #1
USS Excelsior
Commodore

Star Trek Phase II: Our Shelved Episodes

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?p=4898

USS Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2014, 02:24 AM   #2
USS Excelsior
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Phase II: Our Shelved Episodes

I was glad to see Kitumba, but was looking forward to Origins, shame that didn't make it.

Is there a chance that incomplete footage can be shown or something.
USS Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2014, 02:59 AM   #3
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

USS Excelsior wrote: View Post
I was glad to see Kitumba, but was looking forward to Origins, shame that didn't make it.

Is there a chance that incomplete footage can be shown or something.
In addition to what we put out already, there's a chance we might let the other stuff drip out.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2014, 07:16 AM   #4
RCAM
Lieutenant Commander

Donnie Dark and Thundercats crossovers?
RCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2014, 10:16 AM   #5
urbandefault
Captain

I was looking forward to seeing JGH as Mudd. Wondered what happened with that one.
Old October 23 2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Bixby
Commander

I really liked the new actor who played a recast Finnegan in Origins (did everyone notice he played the redshirt in STC's Fairest of them all that tries to put the mac on Marlena Moreau and is knocked unconscious?), and saw the leaked photos with Number One in a shuttlecraft (was really looking forward to seeing what Phase 2 did with her). Hopefully this footage will be released some day.

If one looks at Phase 2's wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...yages_episodes) there are mentions of several vignettes that remain unreleased to this day, some never getting past the scripted stage, but others seemed to have been shot but remain unreleased for various reasons (Heroes and Music)...

Personally, I would like to see these in whatever form...

Last edited by Bixby; October 23 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

The Shore Leave Planet was already revisited in TAS's "Once Upon a Planet", which was an adequate sequel as far as I'm concerned.

I can only imagine numerous issues trying to make "Kilkenny Cats", certainly technical and possibly also legal as well.
Old October 23 2014, 06:26 PM   #8
Danlav05
Commander

Carlos Pedraza had devised a spin-off about Peter Kirk and his recent graduate friends including Xon called 'Star Trek: First Voyages', the pilot (Pomp and Circumstance) was later adapted into a Phase II script but that got canned

It was to be set aboard the Enterprise as a 'Lower Decks'-type show
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2014, 04:07 AM   #9
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Like all of the others, but don't care for Origins; the bit I saw of Kirk biting his lip as he's about to cry while getting a dressing down from Pike just sounded off to me, especially considering how old Kirk is (a nine year old boy? Yes. A big young man his age? I'm sorry, but that stretches creditability a lot [to me].)
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2014, 06:28 AM   #10
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

OK, I'm glad I followed the link and actually read the article. I thought this was saying that "Mind-Sifter" had now been shelved, but it turns out it was just the original version that had been shelved, and the revised version is still coming out.
Old November 9 2014, 06:30 AM   #11
captainkirk
Commander

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
don't care for Origins; the bit I saw of Kirk biting his lip as he's about to cry while getting a dressing down from Pike just sounded off to me, especially considering how old Kirk is (a nine year old boy? Yes. A big young man his age? I'm sorry, but that stretches creditability a lot [to me].)
What's funny about that is that Matt Ewald who played young Kirk also played Kenway in Lolani and got the same treatment from Kirk. He looked less like he was going to cry though.
Old November 10 2014, 03:53 PM   #12
Captain Jed R.
Lieutenant Commander

Regarding Origins. Young men that age do, in fact, cry. I know this for a fact. I never had a problem with that in the Origins. I had a bit of a problem with Captain Pike screaming his head off, but that's a different matter.

Wibble.
Captain Jed R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2014, 12:09 AM   #13
Wildman
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bixby wrote: View Post
I really liked the new actor who played a recast Finnegan in Origins (did everyone notice he played the redshirt in STC's Fairest of them all that tries to put the mac on Marlena Moreau and is knocked unconscious?), and saw the leaked photos with Number One in a shuttlecraft (was really looking forward to seeing what Phase 2 did with her). Hopefully this footage will be released some day.

If one looks at Phase 2's wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...yages_episodes) there are mentions of several vignettes that remain unreleased to this day, some never getting past the scripted stage, but others seemed to have been shot but remain unreleased for various reasons (Heroes and Music)...

Personally, I would like to see these in whatever form...
So that explains why they were not released. A good rule of thumb is never do a press release on anything that has not finished shooting yet. People will be waiting and waiting on something that will never happen. Gives the production team a bad name.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2014, 02:33 AM   #14
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

Captain Jed R. wrote: View Post
Regarding Origins. Young men that age do, in fact, cry. I know this for a fact. I never had a problem with that in the Origins. I had a bit of a problem with Captain Pike screaming his head off, but that's a different matter.
As many good actors say, "playing 'angry' is usually the least interesting choice."
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2014, 04:32 AM   #15
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Maurice wrote: View Post
Captain Jed R. wrote: View Post
As many good actors say, "playing 'angry' is usually the least interesting choice."
For what it's worth, after numerous takes, our Pike actor Mr. Colin Cunningham delivered the exact performance that Director Mr. David Gerrold wanted to capture. (Like James Cawley delivering a line like Shatner, the choice of how to play a scene is often the Director's.)
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote