RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,875
Posts: 5,329,077
Members: 24,556
Currently online: 588
Newest member: EvyR55

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old January 15 2009, 06:53 AM   #1
VulcanGuy
Lieutenant
 
Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

(Pointing to a swastika banner.) "Look at our destiny. The field of red; the purity of European blood. The blazing white circle of the Sun that sanctified that blood. No-one can deny us; no power in this galaxy or beyond. Not the Romulans, not the Dominion. We are driven by the very force that gives life to the Universe itself. Stay and fight, we must be faithful to who we are!"

I cleaned it up a bit so as to offend. If anyone wants the real quote I'll post it up.
VulcanGuy is offline  
Old January 15 2009, 06:57 AM   #2
trevanian
Rear Admiral
 
trevanian's Avatar
 
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

Let's get the hell out of here

OR

Risk ... risk is our business

OR

Go to your quarters or I'll pick you up and carry you there.

OR

You belong in a circus Spock, right next to the dog-faced boy.
(that last one really motivated.)
trevanian is offline  
Old January 15 2009, 07:22 AM   #3
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral
 
RyanKCR's Avatar
 
Location: RyanKCR is living here in Allentown
Send a message via Yahoo to RyanKCR
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

Considering my medical history:

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

And along with that:

There are always possibilities.
RyanKCR is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 12:04 AM   #4
sbk1234
Rear Admiral
 
sbk1234's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

I don't even remember what episode it's from, but "I won't kill today."
__________________
In all the history of the world, a riot has NEVER broken out at a Sci-Fi convention.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 12:53 AM   #5
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral
 
RyanKCR's Avatar
 
Location: RyanKCR is living here in Allentown
Send a message via Yahoo to RyanKCR
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
I don't even remember what episode it's from, but "I won't kill today."
A Taste of Armageddon.
RyanKCR is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 01:10 AM   #6
Marie1
Rear Admiral
 
Marie1's Avatar
 
Location: Alpha Centauri
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

VulcanGuy wrote: View Post
(Pointing to a swastika banner.) "Look at our destiny. The field of red; the purity of European blood. The blazing white circle of the Sun that sanctified that blood. No-one can deny us; no power in this galaxy or beyond. Not the Romulans, not the Dominion. We are driven by the very force that gives life to the Universe itself. Stay and fight, we must be faithful to who we are!"

I cleaned it up a bit so as to offend. If anyone wants the real quote I'll post it up.
Where's this from? I thought TOS, but it can't be if it includes the Dominion.
__________________
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 01:12 AM   #7
JiNX-01
Admiral
 
JiNX-01's Avatar
 
Location: Under Cdr. Tucker
View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

"... The more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other. The final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together."
--Archer

I am amazed how often this quote works in these forums...
__________________
------------
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 01:39 AM   #8
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral
 
USS Triumphant's Avatar
 
Location: Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

Not sure if most people would count this as motivational, but it is my favorite Trek quote, period, and I find it to be so.

"The spear in the Other's heart is the spear in your Own: You are He. There is no other wisdom, and no other hope for us but that we grow wise." - Surak of Vulcan
USS Triumphant is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 02:57 AM   #9
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

USS_Triumphant wrote: View Post
Not sure if most people would count this as motivational, but it is my favorite Trek quote, period, and I find it to be so.

"The spear in the Other's heart is the spear in your Own: You are He. There is no other wisdom, and no other hope for us but that we grow wise." - Surak of Vulcan
Where did that quote come from? A series or a novel?

And the German quote is from VOY's "The Killing Game" although I can't remember if it was one of the Nazi Hirogen, or the actual human Nazis, who said it.

My favorite: Kirk from ST II - "I don't like to lose."
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 03:19 AM   #10
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral
 
USS Triumphant's Avatar
 
Location: Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

[quote=Babaganoosh;2507088]
USS_Triumphant wrote: View Post
Where did that quote come from? A series or a novel?
I believe it was "Spock's World", but I'm not certain - it was definitely one of Diane Duane's Vulcan/Rihannsu books.

"Tilek svi'khaf-spol t'vathu - tilek svi'sha'veh. Ri vath kau eh ri vath rok nam-tor na'etek hi etek kau-tor." - the same phrase, in Traditional Golic Vulcan.
USS Triumphant is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 03:59 AM   #11
VulcanGuy
Lieutenant
 
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

Marie1 wrote: View Post
VulcanGuy wrote: View Post
(Pointing to a swastika banner.) "Look at our destiny. The field of red; the purity of European blood. The blazing white circle of the Sun that sanctified that blood. No-one can deny us; no power in this galaxy or beyond. Not the Romulans, not the Dominion. We are driven by the very force that gives life to the Universe itself. Stay and fight, we must be faithful to who we are!"

I cleaned it up a bit so as to offend. If anyone wants the real quote I'll post it up.
Where's this from? I thought TOS, but it can't be if it includes the Dominion.
the quote is from Voyager: The Killing Game Part 2 from Season 4
VulcanGuy is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 08:22 AM   #12
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral
 
Nerys Ghemor's Avatar
 
Location: Cardăsa Terăm--Nerys Ghemor
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

USS_Triumphant wrote: View Post
Not sure if most people would count this as motivational, but it is my favorite Trek quote, period, and I find it to be so.

"The spear in the Other's heart is the spear in your Own: You are He. There is no other wisdom, and no other hope for us but that we grow wise." - Surak of Vulcan
Part of that quote also appears in The Wounded Sky (the first part). I don't know where we saw the rest.
__________________
Are you a Cardassian fan, citizen? Prove your loyalty--check out my fanfic universe, Star Trek: Sigils and Unions. Or keep the faith on my AU Cardassia, Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius!
Nerys Ghemor is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 08:35 AM   #13
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral
 
WillsBabe's Avatar
 
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

"There are always possibilities."

Once I would have included "The Human Adventure is just beginning", but I don't really believe that any more.

"Out there - thatta way."
"First star on the right, and straight on til morning."

"How is it that you can do these things?"
"Because I am first officer of the starship Enterprise."
__________________



WillsBabe is online now  
Old January 16 2009, 08:41 AM   #14
Norrin Radd
Vice Admiral
 
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

"Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them. Captain, a starship also runs on loyalty to one man. And nothing can replace it or him."
Norrin Radd is offline  
Old January 16 2009, 01:24 PM   #15
Chimpy Chompy
Commander
 
Chimpy Chompy's Avatar
 
Location: unending grimness
Re: Favorite Star Trek motivational quote?

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Chimpy Chompy is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.