Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 1 2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Seraphim
Admiral

Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?

Ever since I first saw the 15 year old Naruto in his new black and orange uniform I eagerly anticipated the debut of Naruto Shippuden in english on Cartoon Network. As the days progressed Cartoon Network began doubling up on its weekly Naruto showings. Then more recently when the Yura Yura theme song debuted I was ecstatic that the days of Shippuden would arrive perhaps sometime in January. However with the demise of Toonami, Viz's move to sub episodes online instead of having Cartoon Network dub, and the shock I just received when I read that Hulu would be carrying Shippuden and airing the last 4 Naruto episodes I have to wonder if Naruto on CN has run its course. source

Which leads me to my question -- Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?
Old January 1 2009, 12:45 AM   #2
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?

I kinda predicted this might happen. The US tv system doesn't work the same way as the Japanese one, and Naruto simply could not survive the horrible decrease in quality that the filler brought.
Old January 1 2009, 02:53 AM   #3
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

The most honest answer is that nobody really knows at this point since there hasn't been an official announcement either way. There's so much speculation going on that many people are drawing their own conclusions.

I've heard a number of rumors myself ranging from that CN burned through the fillers too quickly and now has the stretch them out as much as possible until Shippuden is ready to air. Another I've heard is that there aren't really enough dubbed episodes of Shippudden in the can for CN's liking, which is another reason why they're now in the position of stretching out the fillers.

But Naruto still apparently is one of CN's top-rated shows, even if ratings have dipped since the fillers started. Premieres of Naruto episodes are still scheduled for Saturdays, but they'll be moving to 9:30 PM EST since Adult Swim Comedy will be taking over the 10:00 PM EST timeslot from now on...
Old January 1 2009, 08:30 AM   #4
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Probabally not, but if you have a decent internet connection, you can watch Naruto Shippuden all free and legal with English subtitles on crunchyroll.com starting January 8th.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...gh-crunchyroll
Old January 2 2009, 12:35 AM   #5
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

I dropped both Naruto & Bleach b/c of those looong stretches of filler. I just seem to burn out when it comes to shows that last more than 100 eps or so.

One show Id like to see on CN is Soul Eater, but I think its also a long running shonen series & I'd probabaly end up getting bored with it too eventually...
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2009, 04:07 AM   #6
Meredith
Vice Admiral

I didn't mind the filler episodes, I hope the subbers they get are as good as the ones from DB.
Old January 2 2009, 04:10 AM   #7
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

One show Id like to see on CN is Soul Eater, but I think its also a long running shonen series & I'd probabaly end up getting bored with it too eventually...
Soul Eater is scheduled to end at 51 episodes, so it'll be about as long as Full Metal Alchemist was. Both series were animated by Bones so they'll probabally stick to that format. Soul Eater is now liscensed by Funimation so it's possible that it could be on AS in the future.
Old January 2 2009, 10:32 PM   #8
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Looks like they've started streaming Shippuden early. Enjoy.
Old January 3 2009, 07:15 PM   #9
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

zakkrusz wrote: View Post
Soul Eater is scheduled to end at 51 episodes, so it'll be about as long as Full Metal Alchemist was. Both series were animated by Bones so they'll probabally stick to that format. Soul Eater is now liscensed by Funimation so it's possible that it could be on AS in the future.
oh that's cool then. But with the way Adult Swim's been treating anime these days I wont keep my hopes up...Maybe Sci-Fi will pick it up.
Old January 3 2009, 09:13 PM   #10
clint g
Admiral

Yeah id bet that sci-fi will do anime more justice. Their ani-monday block has been pretty impressive
Old January 4 2009, 12:55 AM   #11
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

...well for the most part, but they have aired a bunch of crap anime too, though like the X movie, the Street Fighter Alpha films, Psychic Wars, and the MD Geist movies. *shudders*

The correlation I've noticed is they're all from Manga Entertainment. They're not exactly my favorite company to begin with as they really don't have much stuff I like.

Last edited by zakkrusz; January 4 2009 at 01:07 AM.
zakkrusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2009, 02:16 AM   #12
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

I kinda liked Strait Jacket *hides in the corner*
Old January 4 2009, 02:20 AM   #13
clint g
Admiral

zakkrusz wrote: View Post
...well for the most part, but they have aired a bunch of crap anime too, though like the X movie, the Street Fighter Alpha films, Psychic Wars, and the MD Geist movies. *shudders*

The correlation I've noticed is they're all from Manga Entertainment. They're not exactly my favorite company to begin with as they really don't have much stuff I like.
yeah I suppose that is the case. Dont forget that they aired Tokko as well *shudder*

I guess I blocked out the bad stuff lol
Old January 4 2009, 02:32 PM   #14
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Tokko was actually pretty interesting for various reasons....then the last episode happened and ruined the series.

I liked Strait Jacket as well, probabally not enough to buy it though. In fact I think I only have about 15 titles from Manga Entertainment in my collection, one or two I really wish I hadn't paid for though.

Manga does own:
Appleseed (1988)
Black Jack: The Movie
Black Magic M-66
Blood: The Last Vampire
Castle of Cagliostro
Fist of the North Star (Well part of it anyway)
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex (co-owned by Bandai)
Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex: Second Gig (co-owned by Bandai)
Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (co-owned by Bandai)
Karas: The Prophecy
Karas: The Revelation
Macross II
Macross Plus
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth
Neon Genesis Evangalion: End of Evangelion
Ninja Scroll
Noein
Patlabor: The Movie
Perfect Blue
Read or Die
Strait Jacket
Street Fighter 2-The Animated Movie
Street Fighter 2 V

...which were good and in some cases amazing, but the rest of their catalog I don't care for.

Last edited by zakkrusz; January 4 2009 at 04:26 PM.
zakkrusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2009, 05:12 PM   #15
Leroy
Fleet Captain

I'm glad Sci-Fi is airing better anime these days, they used to be a joke aside from the occasional airing of Macross Plus.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote