RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,670
Members: 24,198
Currently online: 557
Newest member: Bradmark

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old December 23 2008, 02:14 AM   #106
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: "Fury" Kes, a Mirror Kes?

What you say is true about how fans hate certain things but they still like greater aspects of Trek more. They may hate C/7 but they still like Voyager. TOS fand hate how Kirk died but they still like TOS. The difference is, they didn't stop liking or watching Trek just because of that. Some Kes fans stopped watching Voyager after she left, that's not the same thing.

However, most fans wouldn't meet these men and be rude and ungrateful as to ask for an apology for anything. That's just bad manners and poor behavior. Braga appeared at this years big Creation Con. out in Las Vegas and everybody was polite. It's just a TV show, very, very few fans take Trek serously enough to want an apology. That's like having an entire house built for free but asking for an apology because you didn't like the bathroom tile. Who can be that pissed off over something like that? That makes no sense.

Last edited by exodus; December 23 2008 at 02:25 AM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2008, 04:56 AM   #107
kimc
Coffee Mod

Who wants cookies!

Seriously guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone has a right to post about said opinion. Sniping at each other isn't going to change that fact and it's dull for the other posters.

Now let's have some eggnog and discuss something really interesting like Chakotay in leather or Robert Duncan O'Neill's smile.

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2008, 02:53 PM   #108
exodus
Fleet Admiral

kimc wrote: View Post
Who wants cookies!

Seriously guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone has a right to post about said opinion. Sniping at each other isn't going to change that fact and it's dull for the other posters.

Now let's have some eggnog and discuss something really interesting like Chakotay in leather or Robert Duncan O'Neill's smile.
If we did, you'd be giving us a warning for going off topic.

Besides, why would two men be interested in talking about Chakotay in leather?
Old December 23 2008, 02:59 PM   #109
Ezri II
Captain

exodus wrote: View Post
Besides, why would two men be interested in talking about Chakotay in leather?
Quark and Brent, hold it that is on DS9. Oh ya, they went back in time and talked to two gay men from San Fran ... hold it to gay. Thinking about it, talking about a man in leather with two men any way you cut it is way to gay.
Ezri II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2008, 03:00 PM   #110
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Thanks kimc; and she wouldn't be guilty of entrapment, especially with Christmas cookies! Here, have one. What's your fave Christmas cookie...? I made a big batch of Swedish Spritz yesterday. They are awesome! Mis favoritos.
Old December 23 2008, 03:35 PM   #111
iguana_tonante
Admiral

I'm the only one who read the thread title as "Furry Kes"?
Old December 23 2008, 03:42 PM   #112
exodus
Fleet Admiral

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post

Yes, you are.
Old December 23 2008, 06:48 PM   #113
Josh_Lyman
Commander

I do not believe she was a Mirror Kes. She was the regular Kes and that episode showed how evil she really was. She was such a disgusting character and Lien was so horrible as an actress.
Old December 23 2008, 07:10 PM   #114
iguana_tonante
Admiral

exodus wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post

Yes, you are.
Now not anymore.
Old December 23 2008, 08:14 PM   #115
kimc
Coffee Mod

Jeri wrote: View Post
Thanks kimc; and she wouldn't be guilty of entrapment, especially with Christmas cookies! Here, have one. What's your fave Christmas cookie...? I made a big batch of Swedish Spritz yesterday. They are awesome! Mis favoritos.
And thank YOU for getting into the spirit of the thing. I'll even share my secret coffee stash to go with those cookies.

Josh_Lyman wrote: View Post
I do not believe she was a Mirror Kes. She was the regular Kes and that episode showed how evil she really was. She was such a disgusting character and Lien was so horrible as an actress.
As for you normally we'd call what you're doing here trolling but since it's Christmas I'll call it "scrooging". Since you're relatively new here I refer you to the rules posted in the Announcements thread at the top of the main menu. If you continue with this kind of behavior you'll get a warning. If you want to know why you should care about that then again refer to the rules.

In the meantime:

[soup guy] No cookies for YOU! [/soup guy]

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2008, 08:25 PM   #116
Jeri
Vice Admiral

^ ^ Swedish Spritz make excellent dunkers; I'll be right over!
Old December 25 2008, 03:04 AM   #117
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell

Dasher'n'Dancer32 wrote: View Post
that would be nice but she clearly has memories of being a good Kes.

remember the hologram she made for herself at the end?
I remember the message. But maybe there was a similar occurance in her home universe.

Salt Truck wrote: View Post
No, she is menopausal Kes.

Ocampan menopause is rough.
Maybe. But that would not jive with Elogium being a one off event. (It would be Puberty, Pregnancy and then menopause all in a row...)

Lynx wrote: View Post
USS Fardell wrote: View Post
Is the 'Fury' Kes a Mirror Kes?

Is this likely?

Does this solve the personality issues?

Does this bring up any other issues? (IE she doesn't realise that Voyager is mirror to the one that she is familiar with?)
The "String Theory" books have come up with a plausible explanation what the pathetic wreck we saw in "Fury" really was. It was not the real Kes.
I have not read those yet. Maybe I will.
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2008, 08:03 AM   #118
The Grim Ghost
Fleet Captain

Kes was never one of my favorite characters, but I never minded her. Occasionally I liked her. I always thought she was very cute for whatever that is worth.

I think Fury was pretty lame. I would rather they had just not brought her back for that ep. If she became evil and it was well explained as a really good story I wouldn't mind so much. It wasn't a good ep. though, so it stands out as a bad piece of needless 'Oooh, look who went bad' cliche.
Old December 25 2008, 11:51 PM   #119
B_L_T
Lieutenant

I do not understand why people can think it not realy Kes? Nobody say in the episode that it not the real Kes so does that not mean that it was realy her? If they found some evidence that it was not real Kes how come they not say anything?

I'm sorry I not read whole threat, it was long so I sorry if I repeat sometings.

As I see, maybe I wrong, but there nothing surprising about how Kes come back. At the end she overcome her hostile feeling and become nice again
B_L_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2008, 12:05 AM   #120
Ezri II
Captain

KES MUST DIE !
Ezri II is offline   Reply With Quote