Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 6 2008, 05:30 PM   #1
JediKnightButler
Fleet Captain

View JediKnightButler's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to JediKnightButler Send a message via AIM to JediKnightButler Send a message via Yahoo to JediKnightButler
SW Clone Wars Questions

Has there been any official comment about when (relative to the last two PT movies) the new Star Wars: Clone Wars series takes place?

Is Sidious planned to appear in the series anywhere (I know technically Palpatine=Sidious but I don't think we've seen him as Sidious in the series yet)?

Also, does anybody know if the creators might weave in some adaptations of PT novels (i.e. "Labyrinth of Darkness") and/or if they intend to follow the Clone Wars right up to ROTS like the other Clone Wars "micro-series" did?

Good show so far but slightly underwhelming because we already know how everything is going to play out and that none of the major characters are going to die prior to ROTS except for possibly Ashoka since she is a newly created character and there is, of course, no sight or mention of her in ROTS or thereafter although, of course, there were a few Jedi who survived Order 66 and Vader's subsequent hunt for other Jedi and who's to say (at this point) that she's not one of them? Shaak Ti was another Jedi whose fate remains unresolved AFAIK (although I guess she is part of The Force Unleashed?).
JediKnightButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2008, 06:10 PM   #2
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: SW Clone Wars Questions

it takes place between them, duh.

dunno. possibly.

sincerely doubt it. don't know.

there's 3 main possibilities for Ahsoka: death in the war; death in ROTS in Order 66, by which time she's a Knight and operating alone and survival of the war for a fate unknown post ROTS.

i just wanna see some RCs and not ARCs.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Basill
Captain

These particular episodes take place closer to the beginning of the war since they have the older armor. (Though I don't know when exactly that armor shifted over to the newer variety)

Sidious was actually in last night's episode.

Ahsoka's fate, as captcalhoun has suggested, is totally open ended at this point.

I'd love to see some Shaak Ti!

Visit my Trek Art blog at: http://starstation.wordpress.com/
Basill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2008, 06:30 PM   #4
captcalhoun
Admiral

which episdoe you US folks on? tonight's is 'Bombad Jedi' in the UK...

i know we're at least 3 behind...
Old December 6 2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

9th episode 'Cloak Of Darkness'
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
captcalhoun
Admiral

oh, so i was wrong. we're only one behind going on Wikipedia's list...
Old December 6 2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

http://epguides.com/StarWarsTheCloneWars/

here is another list
Old December 6 2008, 07:48 PM   #8
T J
Commodore

You see, as I see it, if Ashoka is a Jedi by the time Order 66 comes and is killed by it then it mean either she got a new master and was promoted to Jedi Knight or she became a full Knight under Anikin in which case he really and rightfully should have been a Master by Ep III and he has even more reason to be pissed.

If we assume Anikin keeps Ashoka that means, I would think, she dies before Ep. III... like he's almost let happen to her a few times now.
Old December 7 2008, 01:13 AM   #9
nx1701g
Admiral

I heard rumors Ahsoka may show up in the new Star Wars live action series.
Old December 7 2008, 03:39 AM   #10
Rulius
Fleet Captain

View Rulius's Twitter Profile

What's up with the cursing? My son picked up on it I'm afraid hehe
Rulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 04:07 AM   #11
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

nx1701g wrote: View Post
I heard rumors Ahsoka may show up in the new Star Wars live action series.
That would be cool....then that means she survives Order 66 and the Clone Wars
Old December 7 2008, 05:23 AM   #12
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Basill wrote: View Post
These particular episodes take place closer to the beginning of the war since they have the older armor. (Though I don't know when exactly that armor shifted over to the newer variety)
Well, that statement prompted me to do some research. According to the Clone Wars Star Wars Republic comic series, it seems that there was approx 2 years (24 months) between the two movies. As the timeline as described in the TPBs up to Vol. 6, say 17 months after AOTC. Then Vol. 8 says 6 months before ROTS, while Vol. 7 says 5 months before ROTS, so there's a bit of odd sequencing there. But the armor switch over occurs in the middle of Vol. 6 TPB in a story ironically called "Armor". So basically, within the first 17 or 18 months of the Clone Wars, we had the original armor, and then within the last 6 or 7 months, we had the new armor.

That said, I do hope that this animated series gets to the new armor. I do prefer the Ep. III helmets to the Ep. II helmets. Wished they would have used the Ep. III helmet from the very beginning, just so that people could see where the design for the Imperial Stormtroopers came from.

But if you have the theatrical Clone Wars movie DVD and listened to the commentary, you'll hear that a lot of the designs used in this series are designs for other things for the films that were rejected or never used. So it wouldn't be too hard to deduce that the Ep. III helmet was probably one of the original designs for the Stormtroopers that was rejected way back in the '70s. And they're also using a lot of the Ralph McQuarie designs.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 05:25 AM   #13
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

I have a Star Wars - The Clones Wars question.....how are the ratings for the series so far?
Old December 7 2008, 07:28 AM   #14
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Why not just skip it all and go straight to Episode IV Stormtrooper armor from the get go...re-edit the movies again, Lucas!

I like the AOTC armor/helmet...it's retro 40's/50's, and since Star Wars was 70's, setting the style to sci-fi 20 years prior made sense.

Also, it's more heroic, Rocketeer like...from a fresh perspective, these clones are assumed to be good guys of sorts. The episode 3 helmet is more sinister looking...part of the progression...from protectors to enslavers of the galaxy.

Clone wars fraks things up, and give the ROTS unit colors to the AOTC armor, thus the colored rank system from AOTC would appear to be almost immediately discarded after the battle of Geonosis. Makes it harder to kill officers...I suppose.
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 08:24 AM   #15
captcalhoun
Admiral

according to the timeline in the RC novels, the wars lasted 3 years. Certainly the battle of Coruscant is noted as taking place around 1,080 days After the Battle of Geonosis in the Order 66 novel, which itself covers over 18 months from the third RC novel to ROTS and slightly beyond.