Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 8 2008, 08:26 AM   #31
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Secret Invasion: The End - SPOILERS!

^Simple, the Skrulls have nowhere else to go. Their religious beliefs told them that Earth belonged to them. They were and still are desperate.

The outcome is that we now have several thousand Skrull prisoners on Earth, Stark is out of a job and is now the world's most wanted man, Norman Osborn is the most powerful man in the world's superhuman community, Ms. Marvel wants him dead, the Inhumans are going to war with Emperor Vulcan and Shi'ar and oh yes, Osborn, Dr. Doom, Namor, Emma Frost and Loki are now running the show.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2008, 05:03 PM   #32
NX74205
Captain

So basically, Osborn is now the Lex Luthor of the Marvel Universe. I like it.

The only thing that better be explained with the 'evil' illuminati, is they better have a good reason why Emma is there.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2008, 05:08 PM   #33
Hermiod
Admiral

^It may very well be that she's simply seeking to protect the world's remaining mutants.

You know what would be a really cool twist ? If she was there with Scott's blessing.

I can't help but think that someone like Mr. Sinister or Magneto might have taken her place if they were available, though.
Old December 8 2008, 06:54 PM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

Why does Ms Marvel want to kill Normie?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2008, 07:00 PM   #35
Hermiod
Admiral

^The storyline is ongoing. There's something going on that stems from her pre-Ms. Marvel USAF days when she was shot down, captured and interrogated by terrorists. Somehow, Osborn is linked to that.
Old December 8 2008, 08:40 PM   #36
DarkHelmet
Admiral

View DarkHelmet's Twitter Profile

Quite frankly, I found the Secret Invasion, on the whole, very meh.

I think the two best Marvel books going are Brubakers Captain America and Daredevil.
Old December 8 2008, 08:42 PM   #37
Hermiod
Admiral

DarkHelmet wrote: View Post

I think the two best Marvel books going are Brubakers Captain America and Daredevil.
I can't disagree about Captain America, but I thoroughly enjoyed Secret Invasion.
Old December 8 2008, 10:01 PM   #38
Highwayman
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^I can't help but think that someone like Mr. Sinister or Magneto might have taken her place if they were available, though.
According to Bendis, that's exactly what happened.

Quoted from WizardUniverse.com:
Originally, it was going to be Magneto in that chair but continuity would have it where he just wasn't available and we all got together and Fraction was cool enough to let Emma get in there and, boy oh boy, that just makes her the most interesting person in that room to me. [The Dark Reign] special is actually written from her point of view mostly and I'm looking forward to it because that is a character that's kind of straddled both lines for a long time and now a hard decision is being made for her.
So it sounds like she may either be the weak link in the Dark Illuminati, or she might be in for a bit of character regression. I'd prefer the former, given the choice.
Old December 8 2008, 10:09 PM   #39
DarkHelmet
Admiral

View DarkHelmet's Twitter Profile

DarkHelmet wrote: View Post

I can't disagree about Captain America, but I thoroughly enjoyed Secret Invasion.
There were definitely parts I liked, especially in the first few issues. But as it went along.. it's hard to put a finger on. For the first time in my comic reading (that I can remember) I was consciously thinking "ok, the skrulls aren't really going to win"..

Definitely enjoyed a lot of the "banter" between the characters, and liked Yu's art. And specific character moments, as when "Jarvis" was left with the baby, Thor drawing a clear line with Tony.
Old December 8 2008, 10:17 PM   #40
NX74205
Captain

^It may very well be that she's simply seeking to protect the world's remaining mutants.

You know what would be a really cool twist ? If she was there with Scott's blessing.

I can't help but think that someone like Mr. Sinister or Magneto might have taken her place if they were available, though.
I think Sinister is dead which is why he couldn't be used, but what is going on with Magneto these days? Honestly, I haven't read any X books since Messiah Complex since they have sucked royally, or so I hear.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2008, 01:51 AM   #41
Capt_Piett
Rear Admiral

NX7, you heard wrong. The X-Books are, to me anyway, the most interesting they've been in a while.

"It's very likely that the Black Bolt the Hulk crushed on the Moon was in fact his Skrull impersonator"

This is the case, as was shown in the Inhumans Secret Invasion tie in. I do have to say I'm suprised the Skrull imposter didn't revert back to form after being beaten by the Hulk, but I guess Super-Skrulls are made of sterner stuff. lol.

And Bendis also said in that same interview he would be respecting the work Whedon had done with Emma in Astonishing, which by extension means what Morrison did as Whedon built upon what he did in New X-Men. I will be interested in seeing the one shot for Dark Reign...as it's going ot be told from Emma's POV.
Old December 9 2008, 02:17 AM   #42
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Emma's "status" is only relevant if you're one of those people JoeyQ calls "40 year-old, basement dwelling virgins". After all, in this day and age "cONtunity is tEH Evulll..."
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2008, 07:21 AM   #43
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

View Ben Sisko3's Twitter Profile

NX74205 wrote: View Post
I think Sinister is dead which is why he couldn't be used, but what is going on with Magneto these days? Honestly, I haven't read any X books since Messiah Complex since they have sucked royally, or so I hear.
The only ones I can really stomach are Astonishing X-Men and X-Force.
Ben Sisko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2008, 07:35 AM   #44
Cicero
Admiral

X-Force has, surprisingly, been pretty good. It stars Cyclops, Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Wolfsbane,
and has featured excellent art by Clayton Crain and the team of Mike Choi and Sonia Oback.

Last edited by Radio Cicero Rockettes; December 9 2008 at 08:31 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2008, 08:08 AM   #45
Hermiod
Admiral

NX74205 wrote: View Post
The Magneto situation is a mess. He has his powers back but they are artificial, given to him by a suit created by the High Evolutionary.

I have pretty much dropped all X-Men titles since Messiah Complex. The only thing that interests me is the Shi'ar situation.