RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,224
Posts: 5,405,625
Members: 24,764
Currently online: 547
Newest member: beakel001

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 11 2008, 12:01 AM   #1
AviTrek
Fleet Captain
 
What happened to Merlin on NBC?

NBC bought the rights to Merlin, they even have a short blurb on their website, but they still haven't announced when it will air. At first I just assumed it would be a midseason replacement, but now it looks like it will be a summer show at the earliest.

Does NBC have any intention to air Merlin or did they just want to keep the show away from BBCA?
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

AviTrek wrote: View Post
NBC bought the rights to Merlin, they even have a short blurb on their website, but they still haven't announced when it will air. At first I just assumed it would be a midseason replacement, but now it looks like it will be a summer show at the earliest.

Does NBC have any intention to air Merlin or did they just want to keep the show away from BBCA?
They aired Merlin back in 1998 then repeated it in it in 1998, 1999 and 2000
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Siwilliams wrote: View Post
They aired Merlin back in 1998 then repeated it in it in 1998, 1999 and 2000
AviTrek is referring to the new BBC series Merlin (which NBC picked up to air in the US), not the mini-series Merlin from 10 years ago.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:25 AM   #4
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Siwilliams wrote: View Post
They aired Merlin back in 1998 then repeated it in it in 1998, 1999 and 2000
AviTrek is referring to the new BBC series Merlin (which NBC picked up to air in the US), not the mini-series Merlin from 10 years ago.
Had no idea there was a series
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:53 AM   #5
wamdue
Admiral
 
wamdue's Avatar
 
Location: wamdue
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

it is quite a good series, the S1 finale is on BBC this saturday, why NBC is not showing it I have no idea.
__________________
Im Proud of the BBC
wamdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

King of my Grotto wrote: View Post
it is quite a good series, the S1 finale is on BBC this saturday, why NBC is not showing it I have no idea.
How many episodes have there been?
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 01:05 AM   #7
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Siwilliams wrote: View Post
How many episodes have there been?
It's a 13-episode season.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 01:06 AM   #8
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Siwilliams wrote: View Post
How many episodes have there been?
It's a 13-episode season.
damn!

NBS will probably show it midseason then
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 01:52 AM   #9
roguephoenix
Captain
 
roguephoenix's Avatar
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

merlin was always intended for a 2009 release on nbc. they need to finish airing it in the uk before airing it here.
roguephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 04:29 AM   #10
AviTrek
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Right, between finishing on BBC and only being 13 episodes it was intended as a midseason show. But NBC has now announced their 2009 schedule and Merlin is no where to be seen.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 04:31 AM   #11
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

AviTrek wrote: View Post
Right, between finishing on BBC and only being 13 episodes it was intended as a midseason show. But NBC has now announced their 2009 schedule and Merlin is no where to be seen.
Was Knight Rider on the list? Maybe since it has been cancelled it will replace that?
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 04:40 AM   #12
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Are there going to be more episodes of Merlin? If not, NBC probably wants to use all available midseason timeslots for a show that will be an ongoing thing, if it becomes a decent hit and doesn't end up cancelled like everything they try. The way NBC is going, they've got to try for every hit they can. A show that's 13 eps and goodbye is a waste of a perfectly good timeslot. They'll burn it off on Saturday nights or during the summer.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 04:44 AM   #13
roguephoenix
Captain
 
roguephoenix's Avatar
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

AviTrek wrote: View Post
Right, between finishing on BBC and only being 13 episodes it was intended as a midseason show. But NBC has now announced their 2009 schedule and Merlin is no where to be seen.
i bet they'll do it in the summer since it's only 13. fall at the latest.
roguephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 04:46 AM   #14
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain
 
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Ratings might be good in the Summer
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 12:33 PM   #15
diankra
Commodore
 
Location: UK
Re: What happened to Merlin on NBC?

Temis the Red-Nosed Vorta wrote: View Post
Are there going to be more episodes of Merlin? If not, NBC probably wants to use all available midseason timeslots for a show that will be an ongoing thing, if it becomes a decent hit and doesn't end up cancelled like everything they try. The way NBC is going, they've got to try for every hit they can. A show that's 13 eps and goodbye is a waste of a perfectly good timeslot. They'll burn it off on Saturday nights or during the summer.
The British press is reporting that it's confirmed for a second run today. And of course, NBC knew when they bought it that it'd only have a 13 episode season each year, but that seemed to fit with the strategy they seemed to be goign with of splitting the year into three 'mini-seasons', with some series only running for one of them, others for two or three. That seems to have been messed up a bit by NBC turning January into Reality TV Month, of course.
__________________
"Some days are better than others. They say that where I come from."
"Loudly, I imagine, on the day you left."
(Blake's 7 - Rumours of Death)
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.