RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,162
Posts: 5,402,453
Members: 24,751
Currently online: 624
Newest member: kaklina

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Rate the episode
Awesome! 11 64.71%
Above Average 6 35.29%
Average 0 0%
Um... yeah, whatever 0 0%
Who believes this crap? 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 26 2008, 07:55 AM   #16
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Above Average. Good for Chuck for trying to take his destiny into his hands, even though he couldn't hear me screaming through the TV set that IT'S A TRAAAAPPP!!!!

This show can be awfully predictable but it's still goofy fun.

Get over it dude, grow a pair and act like a man for once.
He can't. Chuck must be a pathetic weepy emotional wuss to provide contrast with the stone-cold killers and spies around him. That's the show's premise: weakling Chuck is "better" than the stronger characters who are spies, but who are truly weaker because they are not in touch with their feelings, so Chuck the Wimp triumphs.

A side-premise (but related) is the triumph of Chuck the Geek over characters who could kick his ass just by looking at him hard. It's another aspect of his weakness that is actually strength. Chuck can't ever become emotionless (or even much less emotional) and he can't ever be allowed to learn to fight.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 07:56 AM   #17
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

TighsEye wrote: View Post
Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
However for objectifying hot chicks, absolutely.
Blah... the girls are attractive
but they are not "slutty" or objectified
Ellie is wearing every day clothes
That's when you can tell that a woman is truly very very attractive. that you can objectify them in everyday clothes.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:05 AM   #18
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

While Chuck and Sarah obviously still have feelings for each other, I like that they're starting to accept that they just have to be friends.
Hate to break it to you, but this story can have only one ending, to prove the premise that being in touch with your goopy feelings is better than being a stone-cold CIA assassin, and in contradiction to what appears to be the case on the surface, the emotional person is the stronger one.

Chuck is right because he is in touch with his feelings and Sarah is wrong because she is not. Assuming the series gets a proper wrap up and isn't cancelled without resolution (nice stable ratings so far so let's hope NBC does right by it), the final episode will have Sarah and Chuck getting married and living happily ever after, most likely after Sarah drop-kicks her soul-destroying CIA gig and becomes a happy "weakling" like Chuck.

As for Casey, he'll never change.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:11 AM   #19
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

^
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 09:49 AM   #20
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
While Chuck and Sarah obviously still have feelings for each other, I like that they're starting to accept that they just have to be friends.
Hate to break it to you, but this story can have only one ending, to prove the premise that being in touch with your goopy feelings is better than being a stone-cold CIA assassin, and in contradiction to what appears to be the case on the surface, the emotional person is the stronger one.

Chuck is right because he is in touch with his feelings and Sarah is wrong because she is not. Assuming the series gets a proper wrap up and isn't cancelled without resolution (nice stable ratings so far so let's hope NBC does right by it), the final episode will have Sarah and Chuck getting married and living happily ever after, most likely after Sarah drop-kicks her soul-destroying CIA gig and becomes a happy "weakling" like Chuck.

As for Casey, he'll never change.
Oh, no doubt about all that. I'm just saying that for the time being, they're sort of putting their romantic feelings aside for the sake of their sanities, and that's okay.

I dunno, though, I could totally see this show having a devastating ending where Sarah dies or something...
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 11:30 AM   #21
ITL
Vice Admiral
 
ITL's Avatar
 
Location: Palace Of The Brine
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Let's hear it for Big Mike. For he took out The Leader and is therefore The Man!

ITL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:15 PM   #22
DanCPA
Admiral
 
DanCPA's Avatar
 
Location: TrekBBS C/O 2001
Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Assuming the series gets a proper wrap up and isn't cancelled without resolution (nice stable ratings so far so let's hope NBC does right by it), the final episode will have Sarah and Chuck getting married and living happily ever after, most likely after Sarah drop-kicks her soul-destroying CIA gig and becomes a happy "weakling" like Chuck.

As for Casey, he'll never change.
Personally, I would like to see Casey find true love somewhere
But I don't think Sarah and Chuck are meant to be together. Obviously there is that chemistry, but she is an act... a personna. Sarah Walker is a character. Chuck loves the character and she lets him do it because it's her job to keep him content and helping.
I would like to see the ending with Chuck happy and "Sarah" moving on to a different assignment.
__________________
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference -
DanCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:38 PM   #23
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

^But it's so obvious that Sarah (or whoever she REALLY is underneath the Sarah disguise) loves Chuck too!
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 10:24 PM   #24
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

She loves bumbling Chuck. The more action man he becomes, the less she's going to be into him, no matter how much she fights the declination of her love for the poor bastard. So really, the less like a spy an applicant is, the more she loves some guy... Sarah's perfect mate is Jeff.

That OC girl needs to come back.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 01:15 AM   #25
DanCPA
Admiral
 
DanCPA's Avatar
 
Location: TrekBBS C/O 2001
Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
^But it's so obvious that Sarah (or whoever she REALLY is underneath the Sarah disguise) loves Chuck too!
Is it?
To me, it's her doing her job... which is to protect the asset
And what better way to protect him than to keep him close to her, confiding in her

I don't see love... I see an agent doing her job
__________________
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference -
DanCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 01:52 AM   #26
TGTheodore
Writer
 
TGTheodore's Avatar
 
Location: TGTheodore
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

TighsEye wrote: View Post
I don't see love... I see an agent doing her job
It's the premise of the entire relationship. She loves Chuck. Period.

Look at reaction shots when Chuck's not looking at her.

--Ted
__________________
Writer/Composer/Lyricist/Librettist
SNW IV, V, VI
TGTheodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 01:57 AM   #27
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Are you Tighs working eye or Tigh's plucked and discarded with the food waste eye?

Sure most of the time what you say, seems to be true because Sarah has to be in denial since lives are on the line as well as her wage packet... (Does Chuck get paid?)

but when they thought the intersect was going to be gone from him , she ordered him to ask him on a date, then there was that kiss when they were dying, what Bryce figured out because she couldn't sharp shoot around chuck, and that crazy red head spy from like the third episode said that she always tries to screw Sarah's boyfriends so Chuck was in her sights, and John larroquette figured it out and played them both for giggles... I thought Sarah was going to explode all the while Jill was on the scene being all kissy and why don't you come up to my room.

Sarah is the girl.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 05:36 AM   #28
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

But I don't think Sarah and Chuck are meant to be together.
They're the leads in a romantic comedy. It's not like they have a choice.

From now till the end of the show is just us twiddling our thumbs waiting for the inevitable.

I don't see love... I see an agent doing her job
Oops, then the actress playing Sarah is doing a shitty job. But I think she's doing an adequate and none-too-subtle job of conveying the fact that Sarah is madly in love with Chuck and that will never change because the format of romantic comedy demands it.

The mystery is why the CIA cares if she and Chuck have sex. Obviously the damage is done if she's and Chuck are romantically involved, and they are involved, regardless of whether anyone will admit it. But romantic comedy also requires the leads be kept apart till the wedding day. Downright Victorian of them!
Sarah's perfect mate is Jeff.
You are evil.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 07:08 AM   #29
BigFoot
Admiral
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Location: Slovenia (EU)
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Are you Tighs working eye or Tigh's plucked and discarded with the food waste eye?

Sure most of the time what you say, seems to be true because Sarah has to be in denial since lives are on the line as well as her wage packet... (Does Chuck get paid?)

but when they thought the intersect was going to be gone from him , she ordered him to ask him on a date, then there was that kiss when they were dying, what Bryce figured out because she couldn't sharp shoot around chuck, and that crazy red head spy from like the third episode said that she always tries to screw Sarah's boyfriends so Chuck was in her sights, and John larroquette figured it out and played them both for giggles... I thought Sarah was going to explode all the while Jill was on the scene being all kissy and why don't you come up to my room.

Sarah is the girl.
Well said. I also wanted to add Sarah's reaction when she thought MCD's character threw Chuck off the roof in the S2 premiere.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2008, 07:41 AM   #30
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Chuck -2x08 -"Chuck vs. The Gravitron"-Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

TighsEye wrote: View Post
I don't see love... I see an agent doing her job
I think you're confusing Sarah with Casey.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
chuck

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.