Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old November 21 2008, 11:17 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Remember Me

Plot Summary: Beverly Crusher welcomes her elderly mentor Dr. Quaice aboard the Enterprise and is sad to hear of his loneliness after the death of his wife. Thinking of her own late husband, she goes to visit her son in Engineering and arrives just in time to see an odd burst of light caused by Wesley's warp bubble experiment. Not long after, she goes to visit Quaice and learns that he is no longer on the ship. Picard and Worf tell her that there is no evidence he ever came on board, and O'Brien cannot remember Quaice's arrival, though he was working the transporter controls at the time. At first suspecting a conspiracy centered on Quaice, Crusher then learns that her medical staff has disappeared and that the crew is shrinking - and no one else remembers any of those people being on board in the first place. When a violent vortex begins to appear on the ship, Crusher is convinced that Wesley's experiment must be connected to it, though LaForge can find no evidence of any sort of disruption. Worse, Wesley disappears in the middle of a discussion about whether the Traveler might be able to help with Wesley's equations. People continue to disappear around her until Picard - the last remaining crewmember - tells her that he can give her no answers about why he and Crusher have been sent out alone to study the cosmos. Then he disappears as well. Meanwhile, a full crew minus Crusher tries to figure out how the doctor became trapped in Wesley's warp bubble. The Traveler arrives to assist them, saying that Crusher is trapped in a reality based on her own thoughts and they must retrieve her before the warp bubble collapses. Crusher is able to determine from the ship's computer that she must be caught in the warp bubble and heads to engineering, guessing correctly that the vortex is a way out. She leaps through it as the bubble collapses, eradicating her private universe, and finds herself in a properly crowded engineering section.

To read the full reviews, please click here.

Old November 21 2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Re: Remember Me

This was one of the earliest TNG episodes I ever saw. It made quite an impression.
Old November 21 2008, 11:36 PM   #3
Gaith
Rear Admiral

I only saw this once as a kid, but it helped spoil the ridiculously smug Eternal Sunshine for me. "Ooh, aren't we clever? People are disappearing out of someone's mind!" I just yawned and said, "TNG went there first." :-P
Old November 22 2008, 12:26 AM   #4
jefhaugh
Cadet

To me, this episode was always an inside joke. It was episode #80, one more than TOS. Crusher makes a comment along the lines of "you can't just erase people you've known for three years" -- referencing the original series' popularity well beyond its three-year run.
Old November 22 2008, 05:35 AM   #5
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

Always loved this episode, even though I was never much of a Crusher fan. The concept is just too cool, and so well-executed. I love the seemingly logical explanations for why the ship is so empty!
Old November 22 2008, 08:34 AM   #6
roguephoenix
Captain

i loved this ep because it was a dr crusher ep. i have watched and listened to this ep so many times i would recite all the lines with them lol. >_<

this was supposed to be a data ep but since crusher's return, the writers really haven't had a chance to write her in much so they switched it to her instead. also, after filming this ep, she found out she was pregnant.
Old November 23 2008, 01:48 AM   #7
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I always found this episode creepy, in a good way. Imagine your whole universe is getting smaller. That's scary!
Old November 23 2008, 01:49 AM   #8
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

jefhaugh wrote: View Post
To me, this episode was always an inside joke. It was episode #80, one more than TOS. Crusher makes a comment along the lines of "you can't just erase people you've known for three years" -- referencing the original series' popularity well beyond its three-year run.
No, the episode the following week - "Legacy" - was episode 80. The writers recognized the significance of that and wrote a specific inside joke into Picard's log at the beginning of "Legacy:" he notes that the Enterprise is passing up a scheduled rendezvous with archaeologists on Camus II. Of course, it was on Camus II that Kirk found himself switching bodies with Janice Lester in the final episode of TOS.
Old November 23 2008, 11:26 PM   #9
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I like this episode. It was a neat concept.

I also like the potential continuity goof. Crusher goes into "Not.Reality." without a doctor jacket, but emerges from one with it. So, either this was a screw up, or the "Not.Reality." can create matter and it can be transported into the real world!