Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old August 1 2009, 06:56 PM   #91
Roga Danar
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to Roga Danar
Re: Star Trek: Online

Oh God I hope that page is right in that its coming out for consoles too. My computer is getting a little too old for this game I think.
Old August 1 2009, 07:22 PM   #92
nx1701g
Admiral

The official site has been updated with a new Klingon Warship.
Old August 2 2009, 05:19 AM   #93
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

Tachyon Shield wrote: View Post
I dunno whether I wanna play this or Stargate online.
Simple solution, play Star Wars: Old Republic instead. Problem solved!

The first two images of that new Klingon ship gave me a Battlestar vibe. The side profile also looks a lot like a Klingonised Danube class (though it would be a lot bigger). So we're going to have carriers and fighters in the game it seems.
Old August 4 2009, 12:52 PM   #94
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

become a STO beta player for over $200.

How can you be sure to get Star Trek Online Beta in 2009?

Champions Online will be pay-to-play launching on September 1st, 2009.
Lifetime Subscriptions come with:
Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
http://www.examiner.com/x-5942-Oklah...e-subscription

These deals are only available until the end of August - just before the game launches - and come with a number of incentives. Both lifetime and six-month subscribers get guaranteed access to the Star Trek Online closed beta
Not counting the cost of the game itself, lifetime subs cost $199.99
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ch...-lifetime-subs

http://www.champions-online.com/preorder
Old August 4 2009, 05:56 PM   #95
billcosby
Commodore

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
Is it ironic that I wish Online had more established classes (Steamrunner, Sabre, Galaxy, Ambassador, etc etc) while being disappointed that the designs of the new classes are too derivative and uninspired?
No Galaxy???? No Ambassador??? Say it ain't so!

Old August 4 2009, 06:55 PM   #96
blueziggy
Lieutenant

as a Star Trek fan that also plays World of Warcraft religiously, im kinda disappointed in the direction they are taking this MMORPG. personally, i hate the fact that they are going to a time period that was never covered by any Star Trek story. basically they are just using a familar setting, but creating their own story. thats not what i want out of my cup of Star Trek games.

personally, i would have preferred that the game start just after the events of the launch of the Enterprise-B. there is a relative peace to the galaxy. the factions can still be Federation vs Klingon cause im sure there were still a few boarder skirmishes going on there (much like vanilla-WoWs story between the horde and alliance).

big stories can be madeup there to give epic goals. the story can then work its way up to the first expansion pack.... the Battle of Narendra III and the loss of the Enterprise C. this expansion pack can include a new playable faction in the Romulans (think of it as the Death Knight Hero class where new characters start at a higher level). The federation and klingons never truely merged anyway but they start to work a little more together.

that can lead up to the biggest and probably most signifcant story in ST - Best of Both Worlds. another expansion pack includes the invasion of the borg as a week long universe event (imagine the klingons and romulans sending help to wolf 359). the rest of the expansion plays out with stories similar to TNG episodes, the founding of DS9 and the wormhole.

next expansion brings in the dominion war and so on....

thats how id like to see this game played out.

but ill more then likely still pick this one up anyway
Old August 5 2009, 01:30 AM   #97
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

billcosby wrote: View Post
Is it ironic that I wish Online had more established classes (Steamrunner, Sabre, Galaxy, Ambassador, etc etc) while being disappointed that the designs of the new classes are too derivative and uninspired?
Well, we don't know yet for sure, but all the screenshots we've had of Starfleet vessels have refitted Akiras and Mirandas, along with uninspired new classes. However, I'm willing to bet that we won't have many of the previously established classes this time around.
Old August 5 2009, 01:40 AM   #98
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Well, we don't know yet for sure, but all the screenshots we've had of Starfleet vessels have refitted Akiras and Mirandas, along with uninspired new classes. However, I'm willing to bet that we won't have many of the previously established classes this time around.
Well the Constitution, Ambassador, Defiant, Prometheus, Saber and Steamrunner class starships have been mentioned by the developers and the Galaxy class was clearly visible in the first trailer released back in August 2008, for example: http://www.sto-zone.net/cryptic/scre...10-2008/39.png
Old August 5 2009, 06:35 AM   #99
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

blueziggy wrote: View Post
as a Star Trek fan that also plays World of Warcraft religiously, im kinda disappointed in the direction they are taking this MMORPG. personally, i hate the fact that they are going to a time period that was never covered by any Star Trek story. basically they are just using a familar setting, but creating their own story. thats not what i want out of my cup of Star Trek games.

personally, i would have preferred that the game start just after the events of the launch of the Enterprise-B. there is a relative peace to the galaxy. the factions can still be Federation vs Klingon cause im sure there were still a few boarder skirmishes going on there (much like vanilla-WoWs story between the horde and alliance).

big stories can be madeup there to give epic goals. the story can then work its way up to the first expansion pack.... the Battle of Narendra III and the loss of the Enterprise C. this expansion pack can include a new playable faction in the Romulans (think of it as the Death Knight Hero class where new characters start at a higher level). The federation and klingons never truely merged anyway but they start to work a little more together.

that can lead up to the biggest and probably most signifcant story in ST - Best of Both Worlds. another expansion pack includes the invasion of the borg as a week long universe event (imagine the klingons and romulans sending help to wolf 359). the rest of the expansion plays out with stories similar to TNG episodes, the founding of DS9 and the wormhole.

next expansion brings in the dominion war and so on....

thats how id like to see this game played out.

but ill more then likely still pick this one up anyway
So you hate that they are going to a time period not covered on screen...yet you want them to set it in a different time period not covered on screen.

Poor game designers, they just can't win.
Old August 5 2009, 09:07 AM   #100
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Jono wrote: View Post
So you hate that they are going to a time period not covered on screen...yet you want them to set it in a different time period not covered on screen.

Worse, his version would have them set it in a time period where overall player actions won't matter since the future of the galaxy has already been determined onscreen. With what the designers are doing now, they can still surprise us with future events.

In any case, I'm still going to be getting this game, regardless if it's PC or Xbox. Anyone else thinking of joing a TrekBBS Fleet or whatever they're called in this game when the time comes?
Old August 6 2009, 12:44 AM   #101
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post

Well the Constitution, Ambassador, Defiant, Prometheus, Saber and Steamrunner class starships have been mentioned by the developers and the Galaxy class was clearly visible in the first trailer released back in August 2008, for example: http://www.sto-zone.net/cryptic/scre...10-2008/39.png
I should hope there are more Galaxies around. I just bought the E-D from Art Asylum, and I need that baby next to my computer!
Old August 6 2009, 01:45 AM   #102
darthraidr
Commodore

Jono wrote: View Post
welcome to my world...
Old August 6 2009, 02:49 AM   #103
Jax
Admiral

Got to admit I've gone from being excited to lukewarm on the project the more I hear, I just think another typical MMO, which is all talk. The idea of MMO's are brilliant I just cannot find one that I like I so want to like this.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old August 7 2009, 07:53 PM   #104
Deks
Rear Admiral

The screenshot of the galaxies and spheres looks nice.
The lighting was nicely done (although I do think it could use more work on planets)
Old August 8 2009, 01:10 PM   #105
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

I hope that the Excelsior makes it into the game, I've always preferred it over the Miranda and given we've seen the centaur in the game, maybe we'll see the Excelsior as well. Maybe the Excelsior will be the basis and the Centaur a variant you can modify the ship to.
Closed Thread