Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old August 19 2011, 12:37 PM   #3271
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

no, that's still the weakest point in the game. FAR too many levels of 'defeat 3 squadrons', 'scan 5 anomalies on the deserted base', etc. Most of them with that donut-shaped asteroid at the end near the last deserted/damaged ship.

They've been redoing some of the missions, but a hard look at spicing up the middle levels would be good, far too much of the same thing. When they take the time to do the 'story' missions, they're really good, but too much filler...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 20 2011, 10:48 PM   #3272
Sybok
Lieutenant

Uxi wrote: View Post
I left just as Ep 2 was hitting. Have interiors been more detailed or still just the bridge/crew deck/engineering deck/etc? I almost just wanted a fancy version of Starship Creator and it kinda worked for that... can you set generic crew uniforms yet?
i am sorta the same about wanting a Starship Creator but combined with starfleet command, kinda works too but i wish the starship gameplay was as detailed as starfleet command

anywho

nope, just resubscribed today and interiors are still huge and more for a spacejockey than for humans - this irks me to no end, they look trekkish enough for the 25th century just scale them down it cannot be that extremely difficult and the masses will praise cryptic for it

BUT they are planning for a size accurate TNG era (galaxy or defiant who knows, but its going to come during a DS9 themed featured episode) interior like they did for TOS a while back - here's the TOS interior (which you must buy) http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=eQd-5FRkZCY

i wish they would make a TOS era inspired T5 ship so you could use the TOS interior end game and feel "right" about it

oh, and no still cant customize the generic crewmen
Old August 21 2011, 05:15 AM   #3273
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Sybok wrote: View Post
Uxi wrote: View Post
I left just as Ep 2 was hitting. Have interiors been more detailed or still just the bridge/crew deck/engineering deck/etc? I almost just wanted a fancy version of Starship Creator and it kinda worked for that... can you set generic crew uniforms yet?
i am sorta the same about wanting a Starship Creator but combined with starfleet command, kinda works too but i wish the starship gameplay was as detailed as starfleet command

anywho

nope, just resubscribed today and interiors are still huge and more for a spacejockey than for humans - this irks me to no end, they look trekkish enough for the 25th century just scale them down it cannot be that extremely difficult and the masses will praise cryptic for it

BUT they are planning for a size accurate TNG era (galaxy or defiant who knows, but its going to come during a DS9 themed featured episode) interior like they did for TOS a while back - here's the TOS interior (which you must buy) http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=eQd-5FRkZCY

i wish they would make a TOS era inspired T5 ship so you could use the TOS interior end game and feel "right" about it

oh, and no still cant customize the generic crewmen
True-scale interiors only work for interiors NOT used for missions, for technical reasons that apply to all multiplayer games that use this kind of perspective and camera distance, so true-scale personal ship interiors require creating maps that can't be re-used for any other purpose. They will thus be slow-arriving and low priority, but they'll come.

TOS-era T5 ships have been nixed by CBS. They may change their minds some day, but it's not likely going to be soon.
Old August 21 2011, 05:25 AM   #3274
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I get the feeling that the interriors their doing for the next feature episodes are for the Defiant, seeing as

1) It's DS9

And

2) Their updating ever thing else for the Defiant
Old August 21 2011, 08:07 AM   #3275
ProwlAlpha
Fleet Captain

Why do people keep asking for Tier 5 TOS. According to the Devs, CBS keeps axing the idea because it doesn't fit in the storyline. Thats what I read in the STO fourms.
Old August 21 2011, 06:00 PM   #3276
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

ProwlAlpha wrote: View Post
Why do people keep asking for Tier 5 TOS. According to the Devs, CBS keeps axing the idea because it doesn't fit in the storyline. Thats what I read in the STO fourms.
Becuase TOS fans want to be able to use their ship at endgame like the TNG, DS9, and Voyager fans get to.
Old August 21 2011, 08:32 PM   #3277
Scout101
Admiral

There's an endgame?

Other than the couple of 'Featured series', not much at all to do with a character once you hit VA. Been my biggest disappointment in the game, that they didn't put much thought into what you should do once you finish all the grinding 'scan 5 samples, fight 3 waves of bad guys' missions...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 21 2011, 10:44 PM   #3278
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

ProwlAlpha wrote: View Post
The odd thing about that is that Cryptic Studios wrote the idea of "modular shipbuilding" into the Path to 2409, meaning that (Federation, at least) ships in the game may share the exterior design of older era starships, but were constructed entirely with current era technology. So, CBS presumably approved the story ideas in the Path to 2409, but at the same time have decided that an old era ship doesn't fit into the timeline. Talk about a contradiction.

Scout101 wrote: View Post
There's an endgame?
Other than the couple of 'Featured series', not much at all to do with a character once you hit VA.
What, you don't want to do a handful of STFs over and over and over?
Old August 22 2011, 01:38 AM   #3279
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Well this weekend was good for me I got my klingon alt to captain, my first fed alt in a defiant for the next featured series, and my seconf fed alt to commander.
Old August 22 2011, 05:48 AM   #3280
mic of orion
Commander

Can someone plz.explain to me why cant I fill my last officer slot???

Is this yet another cryptic sick joke?

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 22 2011, 05:52 AM   #3281
Kaziarl
Commodore

Because you dont have room. You need an empty space over on the left.
Old August 22 2011, 05:56 AM   #3282
mic of orion
Commander

?????

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 22 2011, 06:00 AM   #3283
Kaziarl
Commodore

Ok... Over on the left you have:

Your name
Ship name
Officer #1
Officer #2
Officer #3
Officer #4

You need an empty space for your next officer to be able to have 5.
Old August 22 2011, 06:05 AM   #3284
mic of orion
Commander

^^

I see that, but why is it that i have empty slot there on hud, but not on side?

Benjamin Franklin
Old August 22 2011, 06:08 AM   #3285
Kaziarl
Commodore

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. You need a spot on that list that says it has room for a new officer.