RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,082
Members: 26,073
Currently online: 447
Newest member: KhishannK4D

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old May 25 2011, 09:46 PM   #3106
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

You know. Some things would be a thousand times more awesome if they DIDN't annouce them prematurely.
How bad ass would it be if you logged in without knowing a frakkin Borg Cube spawns right in front of your nose in Sirius sector!
Old May 25 2011, 10:03 PM   #3107
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
You know. Some things would be a thousand times more awesome if they DIDN't annouce them prematurely.
How bad ass would it be if you logged in without knowing a frakkin Borg Cube spawns right in front of your nose in Sirius sector!
I think their announcing it before hand to get people interested to keep playing during that time instead of just leaving till season 4 launches since it's taking a while.
Old May 26 2011, 11:54 AM   #3108
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...88#post3558288

Win.
Old May 26 2011, 12:02 PM   #3109
Scout101
Admiral

Don't really see that as Win. I mean, obviously a good thing, but it's not something they added, or a cool new feature. They fixed stuff that hadn't worked since launch. Pretty basic stuff, really, like powers and buffs not actually ever doing anything.

Don't feel like patting them on the back for this one, it should have been like this for over a year now. New features or visuals get a pat on the back, fixing shoddy code that should have always worked does not. Glad they did it, but that's their job...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old May 26 2011, 01:13 PM   #3110
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

The bug fixes, I agree. Orbital Tickle.... hehe. good thing it will be more useful damagewise. It was still fun up till now for an alpha strike that threw whole mobs off their feet.
And the replicating stuff instead of beamign in? Nice!
Old May 26 2011, 04:22 PM   #3111
Scout101
Admiral

Question on that part: Since replicators are essentially transporters anyway, what's really the difference? Just recreating things based on stored transporter patterns? Haven't seen the effect, but isn't it a technicallity on the same thing anyway?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old May 26 2011, 05:13 PM   #3112
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

Location: Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants and Golden State Warriors!

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Question on that part: Since replicators are essentially transporters anyway, what's really the difference? Just recreating things based on stored transporter patterns? Haven't seen the effect, but isn't it a technicallity on the same thing anyway?
Well, there are instances in missions where the transporters are supposedly jammed, so it'd make more sense that the engineering pets were fabricated on the ground.
Old May 26 2011, 05:18 PM   #3113
Scout101
Admiral

Sure, that's great to say it's replicated instead of transported down, but asking if the special effect they use is going to be much different? Won't affect usage, or much storyline-wise, so really just an announcement that they changed the graphic for this from the standard 'falling lines' transporter graphic to something else (swirly lines?). Ok, fine, just doesn't light up my radar, I guess.

Not sure that makes much difference in-universe, either, as replicators ARE transporters, just with very small, preset ranges, and are creating things based on stored patterns instead of having to break something down and move it. If you're blocking transporter ability, neither works. If you block all communications to the ship, but leave stuff on the ground working, guess that could make sense.

Either way, seemed a funny technicallity, as replicators and transporters both work on the same principles....
Old May 27 2011, 12:25 PM   #3114
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

New patch is up.

And here is a glimpse at the reworked upcoming Gorn.

http://twitpic.com/52wspn
Old May 27 2011, 03:37 PM   #3115
ProwlAlpha
Fleet Captain

Kind of look like militant sleestaks.
Old May 27 2011, 04:57 PM   #3116
Freman
Fleet Captain

Hey, have they done anything with the Sheliak in this game? I always thought they were a neat race that has had pretty much nothing done with them.

I'd like to see them pop up in STO.
Old May 27 2011, 07:23 PM   #3117
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Freman wrote: View Post
Hey, have they done anything with the Sheliak in this game? I always thought they were a neat race that has had pretty much nothing done with them.

I'd like to see them pop up in STO.
Nope. They're not in the Engineering Reports either, so probably not in current plans. Best bet would be to make a forum post about them, see if people like the idea. Just don't "call out" the devs in it though, make it about having a conversation with the other users about it.
Old May 27 2011, 10:54 PM   #3118
Aeolusdallas
Captain

ProwlAlpha wrote: View Post
Kind of look like militant sleestaks.
Aren't Sleestaks militant as a default?
Old May 27 2011, 11:47 PM   #3119
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

Location: Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants and Golden State Warriors!

They need to release K'Valk's rendition of the Warrior's Anthem to iTunes.
Old May 28 2011, 12:09 AM   #3120
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

If they do an extended version... yes!