Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old March 5 2011, 10:41 PM   #2701
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

I will try to start it this evening.
Old March 5 2011, 11:03 PM   #2702
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Rat Boy wrote: View Post
That was fun save for the Romulans who jumped like they were in the Matrix.
This happend to me on another mission i did before tacling the Reman/Romulan end mission...
Klingons where jumping through the roof of the base, very weird...
Old March 6 2011, 12:28 AM   #2703
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Were you the one who couldn't finish the mission because the bad guy bounced to the top of a building right before he died?
Old March 6 2011, 01:03 AM   #2704
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

nwaussie wrote: View Post
For example I posted a thread about the insanly large patches that take hours if not days to download ( no joke, many people have this issue with STO) and as a PAYING CUSTOMER I thought it was insane.
Patches the size of about one GB are quite common in gaming these days, especially on the MMO market. And they won't be getting any smaller in the future.
You just need to find a better provider or at least upgrade your connection for more bandwidth.
Old March 6 2011, 01:28 AM   #2705
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

That was a great episode. So is that it for this series, or is there one more episode? Weren't we supposed to get the Delta Flyer crafting by now? I'm loving everything they are putting into this game !
Old March 6 2011, 01:35 AM   #2706
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Yeah. That is it...

Until the next series.

People are speculating that Iconian story continues with the next one.

I really hope not. Since these featured episodes are designed to be played at any level all those low level newbies would jump right into the climax of a story that has been slowly building since the start of the game and beginning of each career up until the highest level Undine missions. They would miss out on those and get the build up after the fact...

I hope the Iconian story will reach it's climax with a mission series designed for Vice Admirals up to level 61 and include another STF mission.

I'm looking forward however to an equally great all-level series introducing a new foe with the Tholians. Possibly already in a few weeks time.
Old March 6 2011, 02:49 AM   #2707
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

I liked the new trophy that we got at the end of the mission series.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Old March 6 2011, 03:50 AM   #2708
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Yeah. That is it...

Until the next series.

People are speculating that Iconian story continues with the next one.

I really hope not. Since these featured episodes are designed to be played at any level all those low level newbies would jump right into the climax of a story that has been slowly building since the start of the game and beginning of each career up until the highest level Undine missions. They would miss out on those and get the build up after the fact...

I hope the Iconian story will reach it's climax with a mission series designed for Vice Admirals up to level 61 and include another STF mission.

I'm looking forward however to an equally great all-level series introducing a new foe with the Tholians. Possibly already in a few weeks time.
I hear that the Iconians will be the antagonists we face at Fleet Admiral after the cap is raised. ALso the Tholians may be in an upcoming series.
Old March 6 2011, 03:53 AM   #2709
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

I herd the next featured enemy is mudkipz. But you didn't hear that from me.
Old March 6 2011, 11:59 AM   #2710
DarkHorizon
Captain

Well, it took me four attempts to actually complete the ground part of the mission - I think I got all three major bugs (Obisek on the roof, Hakeev on the roof, and invincible guard stuck in a wall)!

The slightly different gameplay was a lot of fun - I actually quite enjoyed going into combat solo, and calling for assistance when needed (my ability to use Security Team/Tactical Initiative helped for additional reinforcements against Hakeev).

The ending was a nice surprise, and the final space battle was the only time I actually liked the presence of tractor beam mines (and I laughed when opposing mines managed to snag each other). That Scimitar alpha strike is really devastating, too.

The only issue I have with bringing the Iconians in and advancing their storyline with a Featured Episode series is that, for lower level players, it kind of short-circuits the whole building storyline - the first hints of Iconians appear towards the end of the Romulan Front, and we don't really begin to get an idea of what's going on until right at the level cap.
Old March 6 2011, 12:03 PM   #2711
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
The only issue I have with bringing the Iconians in and advancing their storyline with a Featured Episode series is that, for lower level players, it kind of short-circuits the whole building storyline - the first hints of Iconians appear towards the end of the Romulan Front, and we don't really begin to get an idea of what's going on until right at the level cap.
QFT

Maybe they should put a disclaimer on this Series: Spoiler, dont play until after "Taris" I think the episode was called taking place on Iconia itself?

BtW, has anybody played that mission recently? Did they change the look of the Gateway in that episode to the much better new design in the FE? Same with the Undine mission right at the end of the current level cap.
Old March 6 2011, 12:43 PM   #2712
DarkHorizon
Captain

^Funny you should say that - I replayed "Taris" just yesterday as part of my rerun of the Romulan Front (Cardassian front next!). The rerun tied in quite nicely with the Featured Episodes. I think the gateway does look like the newer version from "Coliseum" and this episode.

I also don't remember encountering the Iconian ship last time I ran it! I don't know if it's because I forgot about it, or whether it simply wasn't there (I last played it before Season 2 and the new Undine missions which introduced the Obex)...

ETA: Also, I almost ran into you yesterday, TV. You were at Starbase 39 #1 at the same time I was... And, I encountered an Armada member in PvP!
Old March 6 2011, 06:18 PM   #2713
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

syberghost wrote: View Post
Were you the one who couldn't finish the mission because the bad guy bounced to the top of a building right before he died?
Thankfully no.
Old March 6 2011, 07:10 PM   #2714
judge alba
senior street judge

so what was the trophy? dont think i got one
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
Old March 6 2011, 08:26 PM   #2715
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

The No Kill I trophy you can display on your messhall's floor.
Closed Thread