Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old February 7 2011, 02:01 AM   #2506
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Congratulations to Hartzilla for his promotion to fleet officer btw...

I posted some fleet news in the fleet thread.

Check it out.
Thanks.
Old February 7 2011, 02:14 AM   #2507
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

I'm waiting for STO to finish patching here on my laptop.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Old February 7 2011, 03:23 AM   #2508
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

Holy crap...my laptop's graphics card is INCREDIBLE. Much better than the one on the desktop pc. STO is GORGEOUS.

Old February 7 2011, 05:21 PM   #2509
DarkHorizon
Captain

I enjoyed the first Feature Episode - the FX on entering the nebula was a nice surprise, sneaking round the Vault was an interesting new gameplay setup, as was the responsiveness of the shuttlecraft (I kept turning far too sharply and running into walls and doors!). I was only confused when my diplomacy dialogue got to the end, and then I was speaking to the Reman from the beginning again... I survived and escaped largely by luck, hitting the respawn and exit points prior to being destroyed so that, when I did, I could move ahead without having to face the enemies again. It'll be interesting to see where this storyline goes, and whether we get any new dailies from it.

The more important thing for me this weekend was that I finally signed up to Tribble to give the Foundry a whirl. It's rather fun, although my ambitions for my episode far outstripped the capabilities of the program, as I was stuck with premade maps for the interiors, and the system doesn't let you have NPC ships or characters than can escape... Plus, my skills at writing dialogue seem to fail me when writing Klingons!

So, if you're on Tribble, and have signed up to review UGC (since it's not been fully authorised yet), have a look for "Capturing the Past".
Old February 7 2011, 05:31 PM   #2510
EnsignAmy
Captain

I'm jumping back into STO after reading some of the reviews of the updates (I only played it for a couple months after the launch). Sounds really great! Is the TrekBBS fleet the best way to connect with the folks here?
Old February 7 2011, 07:30 PM   #2511
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Rat Boy wrote: View Post
The mission kind of begs the following question...

TRhey stated the base was the size of a small moon, and the enrty doors and corridors seemed more than large enough.
Old February 7 2011, 07:33 PM   #2512
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

syberghost wrote: View Post
The problem with voicing everything is, it makes the content take much longer to produce, and this game's most serious problem is the content shortage.
It also costs A LOT of money (both for the VO talent, and use of a recording studio, etc.) They could probably pay one developer's salary for a year on what it most likely cost to add VO to this series of 5 missions.
Old February 7 2011, 08:15 PM   #2513
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Noname Given wrote: View Post
TRhey stated the base was the size of a small moon, and the enrty doors and corridors seemed more than large enough.
That's no moon, that's a space station.
Old February 8 2011, 09:14 AM   #2514
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
The more important thing for me this weekend was that I finally signed up to Tribble to give the Foundry a whirl. It's rather fun, although my ambitions for my episode far outstripped the capabilities of the program, as I was stuck with premade maps for the interiors, and the system doesn't let you have NPC ships or characters than can escape... Plus, my skills at writing dialogue seem to fail me when writing Klingons!
Try Crouching Ty'Gokor, Hidden Demon. That should give you a few ideas on how to write Klingon dialogue.
Old February 8 2011, 10:20 AM   #2515
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Yeah. That dialog was perfect. Pity my KDF toon is not a Klingon but a Joined Trill.
Old February 8 2011, 03:13 PM   #2516
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Finally did the latest FE, and it was fun. I can see the potential for future shuttle missions and look forward to them. I purchased a runabout for this mission and gave it all the goodies from my ship, including the Aegis set and Borg impulse engines. It made flying around a lot of fun.
Old February 8 2011, 05:32 PM   #2517
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

So, I've downloaded Star Trek Online onto my laptop, and it worked okay, then it started freezing and kicking me off of the server. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now it won't get past the "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" little white box, and it'll try to connect and update for a while, then it will say "The patch server could not be located".

What did I do wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Old February 8 2011, 05:39 PM   #2518
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Valeris wrote: View Post
So, I've downloaded Star Trek Online onto my laptop, and it worked okay, then it started freezing and kicking me off of the server. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now it won't get past the "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" little white box, and it'll try to connect and update for a while, then it will say "The patch server could not be located".

What did I do wrong, and what can I do to fix it?
Several people seem to be reporting connection issues since this morning's patch. We haven't heard anything from Cryptic in IRC yet (the folks who load the patches don't come in IRC very often, the folks who come in IRC don't load the patches and don't show up this early.)

I'd say watch the official forums for news at this point; sorry I don't have more info.

Last edited by syberghost; February 8 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: because my spelling is fail
Old February 8 2011, 05:52 PM   #2519
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Actually, you were very helpful.

It was working okay yesterday, but today it just won't get past the launcher autoupdate screen. *smh*

Old February 8 2011, 09:26 PM   #2520
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

I finished it. I would have prefer an Away team or just myself wandering through the station. What use will the Scorpions be for future missions?
Closed Thread