March-April 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Mar 2

Shatner Shares Nimoy Memories
By: T'Bonz on Mar 2

Retro Review: When It Rains…
By: Michelle on Feb 27

Nimoy Dead At Eighty-Three
By: T'Bonz on Feb 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old January 25 2011, 05:17 AM   #2251
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Online

If you actually bothered to read my posts, you'd see that I did try it out again and I don't hate it. It's a very adequate, average MMO. I don't think it's worth $15 a month. You run that through your crazy filter and somehow interpret that statement as "it's a terrible game and I'm a horrible troll who hates it!" Calm down, son. We just disagree about a video game.
Old January 25 2011, 05:20 AM   #2252
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
If you actually bothered to read my posts, you'd see that I did try it out again and I don't hate it. It's a very adequate, average MMO. I don't think it's worth $15 a month. You run that through your crazy filter and somehow interpret that statement as "it's a terrible game and I'm a horrible troll who hates it!" Calm down, son. We just disagree about a video game.
you are the one who keeps coming in here trying to talk people out of the game and saying that 15 bucks is "expensive" and that it's not going to be around for long. Even though practically no MMO's of any importance have ever gone under. Even Galaxies and Everquest 1 are still around.
Old January 25 2011, 05:29 AM   #2253
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

I never said $15/month is expensive. I said STO wasn't worth $15/month. I think STO will be around for a while yet, just not as a standard subscription model.

Let me try again: That is what I think and I'm expressing my opinion to people that they shouldn't drop $240 or $300 on a game that, even if you consider it worth $15/month, most people won't play for long enough to get their money's worth. I'm not even saying anything about STO in particular here - I'm saying most MMO players don't stick with ANY MMO that long. You disagree. What more needs to be said?
Old January 25 2011, 05:33 AM   #2254
Aeolusdallas
Captain

I never said $15/month is expensive. I said STO wasn't worth $15/month. I think STO will be around for a while yet, just not as a standard subscription model.

Let me try again: That is what I think and I'm expressing my opinion to people that they shouldn't drop $240 or $300 on a game that, even if you consider it worth $15/month, most people won't play for long enough to get their money's worth. I'm not even saying anything about STO in particular here - I'm saying most MMO players don't stick with ANY MMO that long. You disagree. What more needs to be said?
You also said that STO was not likely to be around long......... a completely ludicrous statement.
Old January 25 2011, 05:44 AM   #2255
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Actually, I never said that. I said it wouldn't be around forever. Reading is fundamental.
Old January 25 2011, 05:46 AM   #2256
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Actually, I never said that. I said it wouldn't be around forever. Reading is fundamental.
Right.. then why even bring up "the servers won't be up forever?" Your clear implication was that it wouldn't be around long enough to make up for the cost of buying the life time.
Old January 25 2011, 06:01 AM   #2257
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

No, that wasn't my implication, that was your erroneous inference. I'd guess the servers will be up for 10-ish years. My only implication was that 99% of the people who play the game will not play for 16-20 months of that time to make the cost of the lifetime subscription worth it.
Old January 25 2011, 06:03 AM   #2258
Aeolusdallas
Captain

No, that wasn't my implication, that was your erroneous inference. I'd guess the servers will be up for 10-ish years. My only implication was that 99% of the people who play the game will not play for 16-20 months of that time to make the cost of the lifetime subscription worth it.
And you have some kind of evidence to back this up? Or is it just another wild guess of yours?
Old January 25 2011, 06:12 AM   #2259
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Dude, seriously - calm down. Your nerd rage is showing. Most people don't play MMOs for 2 years. It's not a guess. There's too many other outlets nowdays including other MMOs that distract people. Sure, there are the hard core types. I have no doubt you'll play this game until the day they shut down the servers, but that's atypical.
Old January 25 2011, 06:14 AM   #2260
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Dude, seriously - calm down. Your nerd rage is showing.
Your the one barging into a thread for people who like the game and being nothing but negative.
Old January 25 2011, 06:15 AM   #2261
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

You call it negative, I call it realistic.
Old January 25 2011, 02:44 PM   #2262
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Also, remember that The Old Republic comes out sometime this year or early next year. I'd probably wager that's about the time STO goes free to play.
I'll take that bet. How much? Twenty dollars US?
Old January 25 2011, 03:01 PM   #2263
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

That could be fun, but we'd have to set up parameters for the bet and figure a way to pay out that doesn't include personal information. PM me if you're serious about this.
Old January 25 2011, 07:17 PM   #2264
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Well I think Bishop is right on the money, I wouldn't recommend anyone plunking down any serious cash for this game.
Old January 25 2011, 09:10 PM   #2265
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

syberghost wrote: View Post
Also, remember that The Old Republic comes out sometime this year or early next year. I'd probably wager that's about the time STO goes free to play.
I'll take that bet. How much? Twenty dollars US?
I bet Old Republic gets pushed back to Q1/Q2 of 2012.
Closed Thread