RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,551
Posts: 5,513,594
Members: 25,144
Currently online: 606
Newest member: A.E.Andres

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old December 11 2010, 08:23 PM   #1966
Commodore_Rook
Lieutenant Commander
 
Commodore_Rook's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Re: Star Trek: Online

Well not to beat a dead horse on the rank/levels thing, but they really shot themselves in the foot by not including a Lt JG rank, Not including a Commodore rank/title, basically ignoring the coveted rank of Captain (i.e. it is no real big deal to be of Captain rank), the real reward is making Rear Admiral..... Which is utterly ridicules as all we have seen on Trek were the Captains were the real star of the shows... NEVER an Admiral! Then to make the levels in-between RA LH and RA UH even shorter??? I am really disappointed in the fact Captains are merely another grind rank and get NO special treatment or recognition (or special ships to buy), that all waits you at RA1!
__________________
Set faces to stunned!
Commodore_Rook is offline  
Old December 11 2010, 10:35 PM   #1967
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Online

10 grades from VA to Full Admiral, then 10 more grades to Fleet Admiral?
Ronald Held is online now  
Old December 12 2010, 02:42 AM   #1968
Eckauskas
Lieutenant Commander
 
Eckauskas's Avatar
 
Location: Conn Station, Enterprise-D
Re: Star Trek: Online

Is this game really worth £8 a month? Been considering getting this, as Legacy only satisfies me for so long.
Eckauskas is offline  
Old December 12 2010, 03:37 AM   #1969
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek: Online

Eckauskas wrote: View Post
Is this game really worth £8 a month? Been considering getting this, as Legacy only satisfies me for so long.
Ultimately it boils down to what you are looking for in the game. Solo playing will keep you entertained for only so long until you need at least a break. It's the social experience that kept me in it since open beta...
Timelord Victorious is online now  
Old December 12 2010, 05:12 AM   #1970
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain
 
Nick Ryder's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukee, WI Da Brew City
Re: Star Trek: Online

Well I finally got ST:O - Bought it today at Best Buy for $19.99 - for the nice collectors edition too with the metal comm badge. So I figured - oh what the heck! I've heard so many good things about this latest 'season'. Looking forward to getting into this - the screen shots and such I've seen lately have been amazing
__________________
"Here you are in the club with your bottle full of Bud, you got grillz you got bling, but playa you don't know a thing..." Alice Cooper - Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
Nick Ryder is offline  
Old December 12 2010, 11:08 PM   #1971
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Online

the upgrade tosector space look more realistic minus the Astrometric data. The warp streaks are a nice touch. The ship's decks and rooms are just average sets "borrowed" from other missions, IMO.
Ronald Held is online now  
Old December 16 2010, 09:07 PM   #1972
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek: Online

So anyony try the foundry on tribble yet?
Hartzilla2007 is offline  
Old December 16 2010, 10:16 PM   #1973
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain
 
Bird of Prey's Avatar
 
Location: Bird of Prey - Ontario, Canada
Re: Star Trek: Online

^^ I haven't been on tribble, so I haven't tried it yet. I've been working on upping my diplomacy rank and upgrading some systems via the updated memory alpha.
__________________
Peter: Sorry Meg. Daddy loves ya, but Daddy also loves Star Trek, and in all fairness, Star Trek was here first.
-------------------
Star Trek Online avatars - Bailey@Kahlua17, Scout@Kahlua17
Bird of Prey is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 01:56 AM   #1974
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral
 
Chaos Descending's Avatar
 
Location: Grand Canyon State
Re: Star Trek: Online

How IS the new Memory Alpha stuff? Anything worthwhile? My account is on hiatus for a month or two while I play Cataclysm.
__________________
"Romanes eunt domus"
- Brian
Chaos Descending is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 03:35 PM   #1975
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain
 
Bird of Prey's Avatar
 
Location: Bird of Prey - Ontario, Canada
Re: Star Trek: Online

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
How IS the new Memory Alpha stuff? Anything worthwhile? My account is on hiatus for a month or two while I play Cataclysm.
It's much better. You can basically craft any item of your choosing. First you have to buy a schematic for that item (cost is 10 data samples) and then you need the required amount of data samples for that item (ie 30). If you want the purple items, it will cost you 30 plus 3 rare samples, which are harder to get now.
__________________
Peter: Sorry Meg. Daddy loves ya, but Daddy also loves Star Trek, and in all fairness, Star Trek was here first.
-------------------
Star Trek Online avatars - Bailey@Kahlua17, Scout@Kahlua17
Bird of Prey is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 04:03 PM   #1976
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek: Online

The Grinch wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
How IS the new Memory Alpha stuff? Anything worthwhile? My account is on hiatus for a month or two while I play Cataclysm.
It's much better. You can basically craft any item of your choosing. First you have to buy a schematic for that item (cost is 10 data samples) and then you need the required amount of data samples for that item (ie 30). If you want the purple items, it will cost you 30 plus 3 rare samples, which are harder to get now.
Some people may sell some on the exchange, though they may be expensive.
Hartzilla2007 is offline  
Old December 18 2010, 04:09 PM   #1977
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral
 
Chaos Descending's Avatar
 
Location: Grand Canyon State
Re: Star Trek: Online

The Grinch wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
How IS the new Memory Alpha stuff? Anything worthwhile? My account is on hiatus for a month or two while I play Cataclysm.
It's much better. You can basically craft any item of your choosing. First you have to buy a schematic for that item (cost is 10 data samples) and then you need the required amount of data samples for that item (ie 30). If you want the purple items, it will cost you 30 plus 3 rare samples, which are harder to get now.
Awesome. I'm liking it.
__________________
"Romanes eunt domus"
- Brian
Chaos Descending is offline  
Old December 18 2010, 08:25 PM   #1978
The Lensman
Fleet Captain
 
The Lensman's Avatar
 
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Star Trek: Online

The last time my subscription ran out, a few months ago, I didn't even bother renewing....having to admit that the thing just ran out of steam for me. However, the foundry may just pull me back in. I have a question about it tho....will you be able to do TOS stuff? Cuz if I had my way, I'd just create me some classic Trek stuff and be happy.
__________________
"Everyone Booze Up And Riot!!"
.....Milk and Cheese.....
The Lensman is offline  
Old December 18 2010, 08:32 PM   #1979
Kaziarl
Commodore
 
Kaziarl's Avatar
 
Location: Portland, OR (Kaziarl)
Re: Star Trek: Online

The Lensman wrote: View Post
The last time my subscription ran out, a few months ago, I didn't even bother renewing....having to admit that the thing just ran out of steam for me. However, the foundry may just pull me back in. I have a question about it tho....will you be able to do TOS stuff? Cuz if I had my way, I'd just create me some classic Trek stuff and be happy.
I only played around with it briefly on the tribble server, but they did have TOS uniforms and the connie.

I'm actually kind of thinking about trying to make a Kobayashi Maru mission, if it lets you. You'd have to be able to turn off respawn and somehow score for how long you survive, so I don't know if you can actually do it. But I think it'd be cool if you could.
__________________
Guardian Force Updated with new content
Kaziarl is offline  
Old December 18 2010, 11:03 PM   #1980
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek: Online

I played around with the foundry today.
you are looking for a series of bad guy squadrons...
keep em coming and make them more powerful with each wave until they are so ridiculously overpowered that no one can beat them and explodes. Place your respawn point at the next way point where the mission gets resolved automatically so you cant reengage the enemys...
something like that should work.
Timelord Victorious is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, star trek online

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.