RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,701
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 731
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old September 19 2010, 08:12 PM   #1756
SPCTRE
N7

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Online

If you guys don't mind, I have a general question for those of you actively playing (haven't played since the Beta myself):

How's the endgame content? Is there enough to keep the bleeding-edge hardcore players happy?
Old September 20 2010, 01:58 PM   #1757
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Ug52fz5_k&feature=fvw

It's striking how different the game looks from this very early trailer.
There is one ship in it at the 1:00 mark I'd very much like to be in the game. It looks pretty cool. Why isn't it?
Old September 20 2010, 02:12 PM   #1758
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
This is what I am excited about
Oh, thank God their using the good looking TMP uniform.
Old September 20 2010, 05:09 PM   #1759
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
They're gonna revamp the Gorn a bit.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/att...9&d=1284762404

I think it looks amazing.
I find this especially exciting because Dan's said that it'll be an option, we can still make our Gorn look TOS-style. I'm gonna mix and match 'em!
Old September 21 2010, 12:28 AM   #1760
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
If you guys don't mind, I have a general question for those of you actively playing (haven't played since the Beta myself):

How's the endgame content? Is there enough to keep the bleeding-edge hardcore players happy?
At this time, probably not. They have added the STFs and a new endgame (Fluidic Space) sector; and are in the process of doing an item and reward review across the board to make the items better and give better 'raid level type' rewards for the endgame content; and they ARE talking about dding more 'true' endgame content - but all this isn't going to start hitting the Live Holodeck server until the November 2010 timeframe.

That said, the game has improved A LOT since beta (the new diplomatic corps stuff is more enjoyable then I thought it would be) - and the new Deferi sector (where weekly missions are taking place) They add one mission a week - which remains in the game from that point forward; and the missions are grouped to 'play' an entire story. This started last month and they're on the 4th of 5 missions involving a Breen storyline.

If you complete a set before the next set starts; you get an extra reward; and they'll be a two week 'break' between this Breen set and the next one (they are still adding a mission a week in those two weeks, but those two missions will be 'one offs'.
^^^
This was done to give players something to look forward to each week (like waiting for a new Star Trek episode every week when it was first run on Television); and I think is working out well as the mission enviroment and writing has been very good. these weekly missions can be played on any Level 10+ character; and scale to the level of your character or group.

But - if endgame is all you're interested in, check back in the November/December 2010 timeframe.
Old September 21 2010, 12:36 PM   #1761
Pauln6
Commodore

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
This is what I am excited about
Yay! That's what I've been waiting for...

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Old September 21 2010, 04:23 PM   #1762
Myko
Commander

When I was in beta the UI was fairly unresponsive and klunky, has this been improved much? For example it wasn't obvious from using a skill that it had actually fired and if it was on cooldown and so on.
Old September 21 2010, 08:13 PM   #1763
SPCTRE
N7

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Noname Given wrote: View Post

At this time, probably not. They have added the STFs and a new endgame (Fluidic Space) sector; and are in the process of doing an item and reward review across the board to make the items better and give better 'raid level type' rewards for the endgame content; and they ARE talking about dding more 'true' endgame content - but all this isn't going to start hitting the Live Holodeck server until the November 2010 timeframe.

That said, the game has improved A LOT since beta (the new diplomatic corps stuff is more enjoyable then I thought it would be) - and the new Deferi sector (where weekly missions are taking place) They add one mission a week - which remains in the game from that point forward; and the missions are grouped to 'play' an entire story. This started last month and they're on the 4th of 5 missions involving a Breen storyline.

If you complete a set before the next set starts; you get an extra reward; and they'll be a two week 'break' between this Breen set and the next one (they are still adding a mission a week in those two weeks, but those two missions will be 'one offs'.
^^^
This was done to give players something to look forward to each week (like waiting for a new Star Trek episode every week when it was first run on Television); and I think is working out well as the mission enviroment and writing has been very good. these weekly missions can be played on any Level 10+ character; and scale to the level of your character or group.

But - if endgame is all you're interested in, check back in the November/December 2010 timeframe.
Thanks for the detailed answer Compared to my early days in Vanilla WoW, I'm not much of an hardcore player anymore due to time constraints, so the concept of weekly, fresh missions sounds pretty good!
Old September 25 2010, 03:40 AM   #1764
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy

Personally, i'll say yes. There's a new update every week. Tomorrow, the Breen episode wraps up with the finale of the Breen Missions. Should be pretty fun.

BTW, i bought the game months ago and jsut now have i stumbled upon all the STO threads on here, lol. Better late than never ...
Old September 25 2010, 09:13 PM   #1765
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

did the last Breen mission. that platform problem was not well thought out or implemented. i faliled around to get it to work, even though I should know the ordering of activation. Fairly standard afterwards. Awaiting the last one.
Old September 25 2010, 10:25 PM   #1766
syberghost
Commander

Teamed up with Thingol for a bit, and then some of my own fleet later, and finished up the Breen missions today. Great fun! Looking forward to the next series.
Old September 26 2010, 04:36 PM   #1767
Trek
Fleet Captain

I really need to catch up on the breen missions. Only done the first one so far.
Twitter: @Trek88
Old September 26 2010, 07:17 PM   #1768
syberghost
Commander

Trek wrote: View Post
I really need to catch up on the breen missions. Only done the first one so far.
When you get the Snow Tubers, let a Mat or Ric tribble eat one; produces the Cryo Tribble, which is a great anti-Breen buff.
Old September 26 2010, 07:58 PM   #1769
Scout101
Admiral

annoying that you can't increase any more stats once you hit VA. I get no more leveling, but to not be able to increase abilities anymore? Lame...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old September 26 2010, 10:05 PM   #1770
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

What Scout said...
Going to try the last Breen mission Monday. Too late for the Cryo tribble.
Closed Thread