Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old November 15 2008, 04:31 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Pegg And Pine On 'Star Trek XI' Plus New Spock Photo

For Simon Pegg, seeing the previews of Star Trek XI left him a little breathless.

As reported by Simon Pegg's Myspace, seeing the four preview clips from Star Trek XI made him happy and grateful to have been included in the movie. "The third clip featured a certain Caledonian engineer's first appearance in the movie," said Pegg, "and J.J. pulled me up to say a few words/gush like a fool, before it ran. I was somewhat geek happy and slightly disoriented from the first two clips and the trailer (which was shown first and premieres to the world imminently) and was consequently a little breathless and lost for words. I basically expressed how incredible it was, as a fan of Star Trek, to be witnessing my own contribution to the series and what an extraordinary experience it was, as an actor, to interact with characters I have known for thirty years."

One unnamed scene affected him more than the others. "One particular action sequence was so tense and exciting, by the end of it, I felt as though I had watched an entire movie," said Pegg. "It's been four hours since the lights came up and I feel as though I am still sat in the auditorium with my mouth hanging open and my eyes glassy and wide. I am beyond excited for this film and now officially, inordinately proud."

Pegg's fellow Star Trek XI actor, Chris Pine, spoke to Sci Fi Wire about Star Trek XI. "What J.J. [Abrams] is creating and what we've been a part of is really the birth of these characters, not only their individual journeys but how they all meet and the forging of that relationship, that then carries on to another five year mission," said Pine. "People will be really surprised and I think what J.J. and Alex [Kurtzman] and Bob [Orci] have done so well in their script and in the film is to infuse it with as much humanity as possible, so not only are you getting the kind of big effects that you'd expect from a blockbuster, but also something of a character movie which is difficult to do and I think we've done extremely well. People will be blown away."

According to Pine, he is not the only Pine to have had some contact with William Shatner. "My father, in the first week that I got the project, did a Priceline commercial with William Shatner so there is multigenerational contact with Mr. Shatner," he said.

And finally, a new photo of Zachary Quinto as Spock has been released by Paramount as seen here. A larger image can be seen here, courtesy of TrekMovie.com.

To read more, head to the blog located here. The Pine video can be viewed here.

Old November 15 2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Finnegan
Captain

Re: Pegg And Pine On 'Star Trek XI' Plus New Spock Photo

Quinto looks so good as young Spock. I can't wait!
Old November 15 2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Yep, very plausible as Spock. The dorky hairdo seems to fit him.

I mean, think about it. You're an actor and you take this role with the World's Dorkiest Haircut, these ridiculous too-tight costumes, weird pale greenish makeup, shaved eyebrows (sending the Heroes fandom into mourning) and pointed ears. They couldn't make you look more like a clown if they tried, yet you're still expected to be cool.
Old November 16 2008, 03:02 AM   #4
cubbie
Vice Admiral

^^ and sexy!
Old November 16 2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

He better be sexy or else he ain't Spock!
Old November 17 2008, 03:18 AM   #6
cubbie
Vice Admiral

So true!