Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 17 2008, 07:08 AM   #31
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

Re: Iron Man

Gertch wrote: View Post
Please tell me they have a sequel in the works.

Oh, that magnet thing - that was only to keep shrapnel from his heart? But he improved the power source somehow? I didn't get all that as I have to keep the TV volume low.
Yeah Iron Man 2 and 3 are being planned and he will be part of the The Avengers movie as well. He has a cameo in the end of The Incredible Hulk film (2008) And yes, it was to keep the shrapnel away
Siwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2008, 06:51 PM   #32
Gertch
Admiral

^ Thank you! Good news all the way around.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2008, 07:12 PM   #33
Neroon
Mod of balance

Isn't there also talk that Favreau wants to release the next IM in IMAX and/or 3D ?
Old November 17 2008, 08:15 PM   #34
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

Neroon wrote: View Post
Isn't there also talk that Favreau wants to release the next IM in IMAX and/or 3D ?
I read that, that would be a good idea. Though I was hoping that Terrance Howard was going to return for the sequels
Old November 17 2008, 10:00 PM   #35
captcalhoun
Admiral

apparently he was cast first and he got paid more than RDJ, Gwyneth or Jeff, so that was part of why he was dumped. the other was that Fav wasn't happy with his part, which is why he had several scenes cut and/or reshot to minimise his role.

although they really should've left in his scene at Bagram with the general...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2008, 10:05 PM   #36
Neroon
Mod of balance

Don Cheadle is a fine actor, but at least my initial reaction is that I'm not sure about him in the part of Rhodes. Then again that's probably better left to those more familiar with the Iron Man characters, etc.
Old November 18 2008, 01:41 AM   #37
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
apparently he was cast first and he got paid more than RDJ, Gwyneth or Jeff, so that was part of why he was dumped. the other was that Fav wasn't happy with his part, which is why he had several scenes cut and/or reshot to minimise his role.
Interesting, I did not know all of that
Old November 18 2008, 01:56 AM   #38
Good Will Riker
Admiral

That reminds me of the time Tyrese Gibson was paid $8,000,000 for his appearance in Transformers which was more than what the film's star Shia LaBeouf received which was only $500,000.

When I saw those figures, my reaction was: "$8,000,000 for saying 'Left cheek! Left cheek! Left cheek!'"
Good Will Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 05:12 AM   #39
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

Good Will Riker wrote: View Post

That reminds me of the time Tyrese Gibson was paid $8,000,000 for his appearance in Transformers which was more than what the film's star Shia LaBeouf received which was only $500,000.

When I saw those figures, my reaction was: "$8,000,000 for saying 'Left cheek! Left cheek! Left cheek!'"
He peobably has a bigger role in Transformers 2, when is the trailer coming out?
Old November 18 2008, 08:27 AM   #40
captcalhoun
Admiral

and BRING THE RAIN! and BRING IT!
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 08:46 AM   #41
Hermiod
Admiral

LaBeouf only got half a million for that ?

I don't even rate the guy very much but he's the star of the movie. He's probably got the same agent as Christopher Reeve did.

Gertch wrote: View Post
Oh, that magnet thing - that was only to keep shrapnel from his heart? But he improved the power source somehow? I didn't get all that as I have to keep the TV volume low.
It is an essential part of the Iron Man origin story.

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
I think all that's left now of their major heroes are Captain America & Thor.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 10:39 AM   #42
Good Will Riker
Admiral

Siwilliams wrote: View Post

He peobably has a bigger role in Transformers 2, when is the trailer coming out?
This reminds me of the time Chris Tucker received $5 million more than Jackie Chan for each of the Rush Hour sequels, and of course Terence Howard who received more money than each of the main cast (Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow) for Iron Man.
Good Will Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 11:21 AM   #43
Siwilliams
Fleet Captain

Siwilliams wrote: View Post

This reminds me of the time Chris Tucker received $5 million more than Jackie Chan for each of the Rush Hour sequels, and of course Terence Howard who received more money than each of the main cast (Robert Downey Jr., Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow) for Iron Man.
Wonder if that is the reason for the constant delays to Rush Hour 2, but more so for Rush Hour 3, or maybe it had to do with script re-writes
Old November 18 2008, 11:03 PM   #44
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Well, I don't think it took any convincing at all to bring Jackie Chan back for the Rush Hour sequels. But Chris Tucker seems to have semi-retired from acting. I imagine it would take more money & more convincing to bring him back.
Old November 18 2008, 11:52 PM   #45
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^
Chris Tucker will not be missed.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote