Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old November 12 2008, 02:54 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Shatner-Takei Feud Again

"He didn't [invite me]" says William Shatner, refuting George Takei's statement that Shatner had been sent an invitation to Takei's recent nuptials.

As seen at YouTube, Shatner minced no words when it came to Takei, regarding the wedding invitation (or lack thereof,) and the acrimony between the two men. "I'm going to take the historical fact that he said publicly that he didn't invite me," said Shatner. "I understand him not inviting me to his wedding. I would not expect him to invite me to a place where he wanted to be surrounded by love and he'd see my little red face poking out there and look at me and feel whatever enmity he feels for whatever reason I do not know."

But Shatner wished him well and seemed happy for Takei. "I read his vows and they were very beautiful and he's found love in his life, apparently a long-time love, and that's wonderful," said Shatner. "Anybody who...love is the big leveler. I'm so glad that he found someone to love and who loves him and that's wonderful for George."

But that doesn't mean that Shatner is happy with Takei. "George has been mean to me for a long time. I mean, decades and decades. He's been mean to me, in public and I've never said anything. And I thought, you know, George Takei is being mean again. Now with websites and access to more people, he continues to be mean and I don't know why. For me, there's no fight. I've never said anything derogatory about George, except on this last exchange. I was trying to explain it to myself and said he might be psychotic."

Shatner went on to explain why he had called Takei psychotic. "[Psychosis] means out-of-touch with reality," he said. "That's the definition of psychosis...So maybe he's on the line between neurosis and psychosis about me. If he can feel love and have a fruitful life, he's not psychotic in any other area, he's just nervous about me."

In spite of the recent exchange of words, Shatner would like to bury the hatchet. "I'm not mad at him. I'm annoyed that he keeps saying bad things about me but I'm not mad at him. I just wish he'd stop. But I tell you, that's a great idea about going on Raw Nerve. I'll issue an invitation to George, to come and talk...I'm issuing him a public invitation."

To see the video, head to the link located here.

Old November 12 2008, 05:03 AM   #2
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Shatner-Takei Feud Again

It's Rosie & The Donald all over again.

Whoopi was right. They're just messing around for kicks and attention.
Old November 12 2008, 05:08 AM   #3
ancient
Vice Admiral

Oh my...
Old November 12 2008, 06:03 AM   #4
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

"I want him to stop poking jabs at me by me poking jabs at him."

Seriously though, I bet, down the line, this, like South Park's Obama/McCain election/jewel heist, will be revealed to be some elaborate plan starting with Takei coming out and culminating on some to-be-revealed event.
Old November 12 2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
"I want him to stop poking jabs at me by me poking jabs at him."

Seriously though, I bet, down the line, this, like South Park's Obama/McCain election/jewel heist, will be revealed to be some elaborate plan starting with Takei coming out and culminating on some to-be-revealed event.
Takei's coming out was the start? This is one elaborate hoax!
Old November 12 2008, 12:28 PM   #6
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

I don't know what's worse -- the fact that these two keep slinging mud at each other, or the fact that some of us actually care.
Old November 12 2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Lonemagpie
Writer

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Old November 12 2008, 04:33 PM   #8
Captain Intrepid
Vice Admiral

Can't we all just ignore this whole thing and let the two dueling ego's fade into obscurity?
Old November 12 2008, 04:36 PM   #9
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Maybe Shatner is jealous of Takei? It sure seems plausible. After all, Takei was able to find someone to spend the rest of his life with. Shatner just murders his wives when he gets bored with them.
Old November 12 2008, 05:45 PM   #10
T'Aerwynd
Lieutenant Commander

Captain Intrepid wrote: View Post
Can't we all just ignore this whole thing and let the two dueling ego's fade into obscurity?
Nah. The media loves a train wreck. That's why Sarah Palin hasn't been allowed to fade into political oblivion.
Old November 12 2008, 06:36 PM   #11
TerriO
Writer-type human

You know, if we keep giving Shatner attention, he'll never go away.
Old November 12 2008, 07:16 PM   #12
billcosby
Commodore

As hardcore a Trek fan as I am, I don't see why this is newsworthy. An open letter to George and William:

Knock it off. It's getting old. That is all.

The only way that this would make any sense at all is if the two were actually breaching each other's warp cores in secret the entire time.

Old November 12 2008, 07:59 PM   #13
T'Cal
Commodore

This sounds too similar to the Shat's beef with JJA. Bill started both issues by saying that JJ and George didn't invite him to the film/wedding while these guys responded with, "Yes, we did." I believe them as they have nothing to lose. I'm beginning to worry about Bill. Seriously, I think he may be slipping mentally. That's a pity if in fact that's what's really going on here. Both JJ and George seem totally believable.

As an aside, I really enjoy calling these people that I've never met by their first names. It makes me feel like...Denny Crane!
Old November 13 2008, 12:10 AM   #14
thumbtack
Commodore

TrekToday wrote: View Post
I would not expect him to invite me to a place where he wanted to be surrounded by love and he'd see my little red face poking out
That's hysterical! And kudos to the Shat for being genuinely upset he missed a gay wedding.
Old November 13 2008, 12:38 AM   #15
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

^
Don't start that crap here.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.