TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 10 2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Snick27
Captain

KARR From KNIGHT RIDER?

Since Karr is coming back im someway to the new KNight Rider, i was watching some clips of the orginal Karr and wondered why we see KARR as an all black car, and then we see it with the bottom part all gray but top still black?
What was the point of that, was everyone getting confused on which car was Kitt and which was KARR?

Now i havent watched much of the new series but i might watch the episodes dealing with KARR if they are any good.
Snick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2008, 11:27 PM   #2
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

Re: KARR From KNIGHT RIDER?

In KARR's second episode, the car emerges all-black, but with a yellow scanner and the license plate "KARR" rather than "KNIGHT." No explanation is given for these changes. On the other hand, there is mention of KARR wanting his appearance to be altered, and his paint job changes shortly afterward. Strangely the events of the episode seem too compressed to allow time for KARR's paint to dry!
Old November 10 2008, 11:31 PM   #3
darkshadow0001
Rear Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Since Karr is coming back im someway to the new KNight Rider, i was watching some clips of the orginal Karr and wondered why we see KARR as an all black car, and then we see it with the bottom part all gray but top still black?
What was the point of that, was everyone getting confused on which car was Kitt and which was KARR?

Now i havent watched much of the new series but i might watch the episodes dealing with KARR if they are any good.
I thought it was just to distinguish the two cars. Notice KARR's voicebox was also a different color then Kitt's. I haven't watched much of the new Knight Rider yet, but I wonder if William Daniels (original voice of Kitt) will make an appearance somehow. I think that would be awesome. He could be the voice of the new KARR
darkshadow0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2008, 12:19 AM   #4
Darth_Pinche
Captain

They allude to the new KARR being more like a transformer, capable of different forms. Thus they needs to call Peter Cullen. Cross over rating's jump.
Old November 11 2008, 12:37 AM   #5
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

Nah. Neo-KARR has to be more distinctive than neo-KITT. It only changes into electric cars... with spiked wheels!!!
Old November 11 2008, 12:41 AM   #6
msbae
Commodore

As long as this new KARR is just as evil and monstrous, I'm a happy man. Peter Cullen would make the perfect voice-actor for him, though.
msbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2008, 12:46 AM   #7
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

Peter Cullen rocks. That's all there is to it. His portrayal of Commander Hawkins was just about the only thing that made Vehicle Team Voltron worth watching.
Old November 11 2008, 02:43 AM   #8
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post

If you watched the second episode, KARR gets the custom paint job so he doesn't stick out. Remember, Michael and KITT are after him.
Old November 11 2008, 03:02 AM   #9
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Darth_Pinche wrote: View Post
They allude to the new KARR being more like a transformer, capable of different forms. Thus they needs to call Peter Cullen. Cross over rating's jump.
Peter Cullen voiced KARR in the first appearance, "Trust Doesn't Rust," so I could get behind him returning.
"They quickly settled on the slender island at the head of the bay, which they called 'Mannahatta', after an old Indian word thought by some to mean 'island of hills', and by others 'place of general inebriation'."
—New York: A Documentary Film
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2008, 04:36 AM   #10
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
Darth_Pinche wrote: View Post
Peter Cullen voiced KARR in the first appearance, "Trust Doesn't Rust," so I could get behind him returning.
Exactly, he was the original voice of KARR.