Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old November 8 2008, 09:23 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

'Star Trek: The Experience' Update

The new Star Trek: The Experience will be similar in some ways to the former one, but with modern updates.

As reported by Inbusinesslasvegas.com, the owners of Neonopolis, the future home of Star Trek: The Experience expect it to be a big draw. "The museum and the arts center will represent the past and the present and the 'Star Trek Experience' will represent the future," said Rohit Joshi, representative for the owner of Neonopolis.

The Experience is slated to have five components, most of which could be ready by next year. There will be a food and beverage component which is expected to include a restaurant and lounge. Another component will be a retail area with merchandise. The merchandise will be from all of the various Star Trek series.

The other three components of The Experience will be: a museum that explores Star Trek history, a 4-D movie theater that will be an interactive experience, with high-tech seats to "stimulate the senses," and simulators.

According to Joshi, there is sufficient funds to pay for the product and permission has been obtained from CBS Pictures, who owns the rights to Star Trek.

To read more, head to the article located here.

Old November 9 2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Biggshow
Fleet Captain

Re: 'Star Trek: The Experience' Update

This sounds very much like what most of us have been speculating; Quark's, retail and the museum go in first followed by waht sounds like a remounting of the Borg Invasion (the 4-D theatre). It makes sense as these were the least expensive and space consuming parts of the original Experience. To redo the Klingon Encounter would cost a great deal of money since they would probably have to close the strip again to get the helicopter shots similar to the first version. Or spend money to get Rhythm and Hues (the original FX house) to "build" a virtual Vegas that could be more easily updated.

Still, if they can pull this off and bring about even Quark's by itself, I'd be happy. Warp Core's all around...

EDIT: After having now read the entire article, it looks like we will get a Klingon Encounter-like simulator. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it all comes together.
Old November 9 2008, 01:02 PM   #3
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Fingers crossed this all works out. Certainly sounds promising.
Old November 11 2008, 12:52 AM   #4
jrockwell
Cadet

This is all very encouraging, but has an official announcement been made, or official contracts been signed?
Old November 11 2008, 03:50 AM   #5
Biggshow
Fleet Captain

jrockwell wrote: View Post
This is all very encouraging, but has an official announcement been made, or official contracts been signed?
I think this story as reported can be taken as official. But point taken.
Old November 11 2008, 07:50 PM   #6
azebelys
Lieutenant

there is a star trek the experience facebook group. you can find it here: [COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.facebook.com/ho[/COLOR]me.php#/group.php?gid=75042220135 it contains information about the new Start Trek:the experience

Star Trek: The Experience Facebook Group
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php...2220135&ref=mf
Old November 15 2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Who1
Commander

I just want to still be able to walk the Promenade and get chased by Borg. Is that so much to ask?
Old November 23 2008, 05:18 AM   #8
jrockwell
Cadet

Not at all! I've just recently gotten into DS9 and I can't wait for Quark's to return. I will admit the experience was getting a little long in the tooth, and needed an upgrade.

Our hopes should be officially up. Remember, at the closing ceremony at the Hilton, the head guy had a baseball...we know what that means, don't we?