Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Closed Thread

Old April 13 2009, 03:33 PM   #151
Keldaria
Cadet

Re: Star Trek Photo Manipulation Archive

Defcon wrote: View Post
Drake wrote: View Post
hellsgate wrote: View Post
I know there were quite a few of A.S. Head at the STPMA (yahoo) group / forums.
I saw one and it was well done, but he was done as a captain and a nice fan designed uniform. I was looking for an admiral in a traditional look, but I realized since I have no photo talent at all and not a lot to contribute back to the group, it was impolite of me to ask someone to spend a lot of time indulging me. Thanks though.
My photmanip skills are rather limited, but I gave it a try:

not bad, you might want to try darkening and or lessing the saturation on the head so it matches the hands better also a quick blur around the edges of the head once you flatten the layers does wonders as does a light blur over the entire image to hide the minor details. All in all thats much better than most of my images when i first picked up photoshop so you should be proud of that
Old April 13 2009, 03:52 PM   #152
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Keldaria wrote: View Post
All in all thats much better than most of my images when i first picked up photoshop so you should be proud of that
Ah, well I haven't just picked it up, I'm playing with Gimp on and off for a while now, but mostly for avatar size pics where it is much easier to hide inconsistencies.

FWIW I have slightly edited the pic above.
Old April 13 2009, 03:52 PM   #153
Drake
Lieutenant

hellsgate wrote: View Post
I know there were quite a few of A.S. Head at the STPMA (yahoo) group / forums.
I saw one and it was well done, but he was done as a captain and a nice fan designed uniform. I was looking for an admiral in a traditional look, but I realized since I have no photo talent at all and not a lot to contribute back to the group, it was impolite of me to ask someone to spend a lot of time indulging me. Thanks though.

This certainly came as a surprise and a very pleasant one! Thank you for the time taken to do this. Admiral Lindenbrook lives!
Old April 13 2009, 03:57 PM   #154
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

This certainly came as a surprise and a very pleasant one! Thank you for the time taken to do this. Admiral Lindenbrook lives!
You're welcome.
Old April 13 2009, 04:16 PM   #155
Keldaria
Cadet

Ah, well I haven't just picked it up, I'm playing with Gimp on and off for a while now, but mostly for avatar size pics where it is much easier to hide inconsistencies.

FWIW I have slightly edited the pic above.
I can tell =) looks good. I started playing with photoshop about a year ago, and its only recently when i've been doing about 5 sigs a week for my RPG that i've gotten any good at it. and even then somethings i do still seem kindov hit and miss. Its sad a few of my oldest manips are still my best because you can never beat finding those 2 pictures that seem to belong together and fit perfictly.

Anymore i'm having a horrid time finding material for my manips like uniforms are the worst followed by backgrounds. Rabbittooth where do you get the uniforms you use? I have the worse trouble finding good closeups of the first contact style uniform
Old April 14 2009, 04:03 AM   #156
ambessalion
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Earth, North American Continent, Southeast United States
Send a message via AIM to ambessalion Send a message via Yahoo to ambessalion

these are really good images....i'm familair with Rabbittooth's material from STPMA but i didnt know you guys here do photomanips too....i'd have joined sooner if i had....
Old April 14 2009, 04:15 AM   #157
Drake
Lieutenant

Well, you're here now. Do I know you from somewhere?
Old April 14 2009, 06:13 AM   #158
Dingo
Captain

I've got couple requests, can someone PM me if they'd be willing to oblige.

They're for a couple original characters for my fanfic Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm.

The characters and actors are thus:

Master Chief Manfred Kano (Trevor Goddard in a TNG security uniform (gold))
Lieutnant j.g. Henry Kano (Eric Bana with a Voyager sciences division uniform).

The hyperlinks lead to the respective character bios on STEU wiki. Can anyone help?
Old April 14 2009, 04:14 PM   #159
Keldaria
Cadet

Dingo wrote: View Post
I've got couple requests, can someone PM me if they'd be willing to oblige.

They're for a couple original characters for my fanfic Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm.

The characters and actors are thus:

Master Chief Manfred Kano (Trevor Goddard in a TNG security uniform (gold))
Lieutnant j.g. Henry Kano (Eric Bana with a Voyager sciences division uniform).

The hyperlinks lead to the respective character bios on STEU wiki. Can anyone help?
I'll be more than happy to take a swing at these when i get home this evening
Old April 14 2009, 05:20 PM   #160
ambessalion
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Earth, North American Continent, Southeast United States
Send a message via AIM to ambessalion Send a message via Yahoo to ambessalion

Well, you're here now. Do I know you from somewhere?
are you stalking me?
Old April 15 2009, 11:42 PM   #161
hellsgate
Commodore

I'd love to see more Anthony Stewart Head in either 'Command' Red or 'Sciences' Blue, as a Lieutenant-Commander or Commander, as I've always wanted to see him as one of my fic characters in a First Contact-era Starfleet uniform (the TNG Relaunch Era).

"Star Trek: Mandela"

The Mandela crew takes on a new Diplomatic Officer with a unique mission specialty profile, Dr. (Commander) Elliot Waters. His primary specialty as a Science Officer for the Diplomatic Corps - Forensic Anthropologist. He's a seasoned veteran of Starfleet's own JPAC (Joint Prisoner of War / Missing In Action Accounting Command.)

Last edited by hellsgate; April 15 2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old April 16 2009, 06:38 AM   #162
Dingo
Captain

I'd love to see more Anthony Stewart Head in either 'Command' Red or 'Sciences' Blue, as a Lieutenant-Commander or Commander, as I've always wanted to see him as one of my fic characters in a First Contact-era Starfleet uniform (the TNG Relaunch Era).

"Star Trek: Mandela"

The Mandela crew takes on a new Diplomatic Officer with a unique mission specialty profile, Dr. (Commander) Elliot Waters. His primary specialty as a Science Officer for the Diplomatic Corps - Forensic Anthropologist. He's a seasoned veteran of Starfleet's own JPAC (Joint Prisoner of War / Missing In Action Accounting Command.)
I'd love to read this fic, do you have a link to it?
Old April 16 2009, 07:00 PM   #163
hellsgate
Commodore

Dingo: "Star Trek: Mandela" is located at my anthology, (see the site in my signature line, below.) It's composed in Microsoft Word. I also put rough drafts of whatever pops into my head for my fics at the Yahoo Group (below, in the "Files" area,) so I don't lose the ideas before I can get sufficient time to work out the continuity snafu's.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stnewworlds
Old May 4 2009, 03:56 PM   #164
Pegasus
Lieutenant

Rabittooth wrote: View Post
Gonna have to tend to that first before I do any more requests. I'll let you know when I'm back in action folks. -Rabittooth
Do you still accept requests?
Old May 6 2009, 04:11 PM   #165
Dingo
Captain

Could someone do one of Lena Headey in a Star Trek First Contact era Lieutenant Commander (command division) uniform?
Closed Thread