Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old October 23 2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Evil_Kirkneivel
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Shatner Calls Takei 'Sick'

Interesting that someone said that Shatner was actually invited anyway.

Probably it is all a mixup. Takei wanted Shatner to be at the wedding, but Shatner wanted to sit further up front, or be guest of honor, or be in the wedding party. But Takei was concerned that Shatner would try to dominate the proceedings and take the spotlight away from him.

Kind of a mirror of the Star Trek XI situation.
Old October 23 2008, 04:08 PM   #17
Brian
Vice Admiral

According to Takei, Shatner was invited but did not respond. And he's been "out" for a long time: http://trekmovie.com/2008/10/22/take...ck-at-shatner/
Old October 23 2008, 04:52 PM   #18
Star Treks
Fleet Captain

I dunno, Shatner is coming off really mean-spirited here. You don't use terms like "sick" and "psychosis" so freely. It's obvious Takei has some problems with him but overall I think George is a perfectly healthy and happy person. I think it's Shatner who has the bruised ego here. Both of them should just not mention each other anymore. It's getting ugly.

- W.K. Clifford, The Ethics of Belief

Last edited by Star Treks; October 23 2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old October 23 2008, 06:14 PM   #19
Brian
Vice Admiral

^ I agree. The wedding was in and out of the news a month ago. What prompted Shatner to suddenly pop up and start throwing insults around?
Old October 23 2008, 06:44 PM   #20
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Oh shut the fuck up, Shatner. Of all the actors in the Trek series, he is the one I will not mourn when he passes. I hope it's soon, too. That, or that he finally shuts the fuck up.
Old October 23 2008, 07:10 PM   #21
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Star Treks wrote: View Post
I dunno, Shatner is coming off really mean-spirited here. You don't use terms like "sick" and "psychosis" so freely. It's obvious Takei has some problems with him but overall I think George comes off as a perfectly healthy and happy person. I think it's Shatner who has the bruised ego here. Both of them should just not mention each other anymore. It's getting ugly.
No way, Takei has been provoking Shatner for years with his personal attacks on his character. Healthy & happy people with other things to occupy their time don't harp on events that happened decades ago. Shatner's just pissed that after all these years the man just won't stop. Even fans are tired of hearing Takei bitch.

If you ask me, I think Takei has feelings for Shatner and because Shatner doesn't return them, he's chooses to be catty. Why else would he be holding on to hurt feelings so many decades later?

Shatner's right, anybody with a healthy mind would have moved on by now.
Old October 23 2008, 07:16 PM   #22
Brian
Vice Admiral

^ Because all gay men have secret feelings for the straight men they know, right? Even the assholes like Shatner.
Old October 23 2008, 07:28 PM   #23
Saul
Rear Admiral

If they didn't know each other I hardly believe Shatner is lashing out for not getting a wedding invitation. These comments seem in relation to Takei's comments.
Old October 23 2008, 08:09 PM   #24
Admiral_Jinky
Ensign

ArthurKing wrote: View Post
Split personality on this one:

The un-pc part of me wants to write that, quite frankly, it was a little lame for Takei to come out of the closet so late in the game. Seriously, grow a pair: I can see someone being quiet about it back when, but not in the last few decades. 'Coming out' in the early 21st century at 70+ years of age smacked of attention seeking behavior (something Shatner is also clearly prone to). It also speaks to the possibility of Takei having some larger issues, which might be manifesting here - seriously, although Shatner is going to get pummeled for these comments, staying in the closet for 70 years is going to screw you up.
I've always figured that Takei was waiting until his mother passed away. She was very old school and I think perhaps he didn't want to hurt or shame her in any way. Just a theory anyway.
Old October 23 2008, 08:22 PM   #25
ancient
Vice Admiral

The Gill-Man wrote: View Post
Oh shut the fuck up, Shatner. Of all the actors in the Trek series, he is the one I will not mourn when he passes. I hope it's soon, too. That, or that he finally shuts the fuck up.
Did Shatner kill your parents or something?
Old October 23 2008, 08:24 PM   #26
Brian
Vice Admiral

^^ He was out to her, though. In fact, Brad was her primary caregiver toward the end, because of George's work commitments. But you may have a point about not talking about it in the press to save her from having to explain it or answer questions about it. According to George, though, he chose this year to talk about it in the press because of the marriage debate in CA, along with Proposition 8 which is on the ballot Nov. 4. He felt it was time to lend his visibility to the cause, for which I applaud him.
Old October 23 2008, 08:34 PM   #27
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Photoman15 wrote: View Post
If George did not realize this before, I hope he understands now, he (and Sulu) during the original run of the series was at best a 4th banana (to Shatners' top banana/Nimoy's Second banana and De Kelly's third banana). He got lucky that he was kept for the three seasons and then went along for the movie ride. If Shatner's Kirk and Nimoy's Spock (along with Kelly's McCoy) did not ingratiate itself into the American viewers life, his career would have been very limited. Once he realizes this, he should appologize to Shatner for his bad behavior over the years.
I so totally agree....Takei hsa been going on and on about this FOREVER...dude needs to get a life. Have never met George, but I have met Shatner twice. And Shatner is a really cool dude...so yeah, maybe he was an assho@e in the day, but people change....

Rob
Scorpio
Old October 23 2008, 08:42 PM   #28
Brian
Vice Admiral

The problem is that Shatner is the one that stirred this crap up. George is just responding to Bill's YouTube rant.
Old October 23 2008, 08:51 PM   #29
RobertScorpio
Pariah

whoops..double post..sorry
Old October 23 2008, 08:53 PM   #30
RobertScorpio
Pariah

brains! wrote: View Post
The problem is that Shatner is the one that stirred this crap up. George is just responding to Bill's YouTube rant.
Nope, I totally disagree. This stuff started spewing from George's mouth, and Jimmys and Nichelles, in the 70s; I know. I was there. I was at a convention in Los Angeles and sat right there and listened to those three gripe how much of a jerk Shatner was. (Thank God Koenig wasn't there, or I would have had the complete set)

George Takei, every time he is on anywhere, talks this crap. I, for one, am glad shatner is firing back. What we have here is simple jealousy on George's part that his career, compared to Shatner's, is, well....very small.

Shatner was an assho#e? Like I said, yes..and who cares. Its not like he is the only assho$e in that business. This crap happened 40 years ago and its the only thing worth-while Takei, and the others, had to talk about...and they made a career of it..could you imagine if Shatner hadn't have been a jerk? What would they have talked about then??? Balok the puppet?

Go get'em shat!!!

Rob
Scorpio