TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old October 19 2008, 12:58 AM   #1
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Hasbro Titanium Basestar Cancelled?

So I just got a letter from Forbidden Planet, stating that their supplier could now not get any of the Hasbro Titanium Basestars. This after it's already delayed release (was supposed to originally come out in June)... has this thing just been totally canceled now? Does anyone have any further information?

Old October 19 2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile
Re: Hasbro Titanium Basestar Cancelled?

From what I've heard, they've been cancelled for good. Hasbro's Battlestar license is up at the end of the year.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=1916

Just more Star Wars reskins and some other movie properties I don't care about. Meh.
Old October 19 2008, 04:35 AM   #3
nx1701g
Admiral

^ OT: That's the scariest Halloween name so far this year.
Old October 19 2008, 11:25 AM   #4
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Not surprised. Every time I find myself in a Target or toy store, I make sure to check if there are any new BSG titaniums, or perhaps from SW and now IJ apparently, that I'd like to have.

I've not seen a BSG Titanium in almost six months, maybe longer. I was hoping to catch the TOS Galactica at some point, but oh well. They've doubled in price since they first started coming out two and a half years ago, so its almost not worth the price anymore, and certainly not worth the hassle.
Old October 19 2008, 01:52 PM   #5
James Swallow
Writer

View James Swallow's Twitter Profile

Does anyone have a full list of all the BSG Titanium toys released? I'm wondering if I'm missing any from my collection...
Old October 19 2008, 06:29 PM   #6
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

Well I just dunno what Hasbro were thinking with regards to Galactica.

We never even got the full lot of actual ships from the show (Basestars, heavy raiders, the Valkyrie, enough Galactica and Mk IIs to stop the ebay scalpers). But, they gave us plenty or Viper II and VII repaints!!

However, if you want yet another B-wing or X-wing with a different colour-scheme to anything ever seen on screen, in comics, or even described in the books, then yeah you'll get them!

Strange things are going on for sure regarding the property in general. There's just been a re-issue of the TOS kits, but to my knowledge it doesn't include the Galactica. Why not include the ship the show's named after??
Old October 19 2008, 09:22 PM   #7
Klagg
Captain

I started to read the Hasbro Q&As for Battlestar titanium news. Last bits of news I saw, I linked here. The Basestar will be in the last batch of titaniums this year which is bound to make eBay scalpers. That is because there can never be any additional releases. The license ends at the end of the year.
Old October 21 2008, 05:18 AM   #8
roguephoenix
Captain

johnny lightning should pick up this license. they do a better job with tiny models.
Old October 22 2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Technobuilder
Commodore

James Swallow wrote: View Post
Does anyone have a full list of all the BSG Titanium toys released? I'm wondering if I'm missing any from my collection...
I'm also looking for something like this covering both released models and as-yet-to-be-released models.

Pictures would be a godsend if you have them or know where I might find them.

I've actually got a sizeable chunk of the BSG models, I just don't know how many or which ones I'm still missing.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old October 22 2008, 05:34 PM   #10
David cgc
Vice Admiral

According to Battlestar Wiki, this is the score.

Galactica
Viper Mark II
Cylon Raider
Ultimate Galactica

Colonial One
Raptor
Viper Mark VII

Raider Repaint (Called Scar, but actually just accurate to the show)
TOS Viper

Cylon Centurion figurine
TOS Raider
Pegasus

Viper Mark II Repaint (black, with more accurate and detailed markings)
Viper Mark VII Repaint (white, the exact same markings as the first Mark II, but stretched to fit)

TOS Galactica
Basestar (which apparently isn't actually coming out)

Additionally, there was a three-pack release of Galactica, the Mark II, and the Raptor. The Galactica had a darker paintjob and I seem to recall hearing the Mark II, while white, had more detailed markings like the black version did. The picture isn't close enough to confirm that, though).
Old October 23 2008, 01:08 AM   #11
Technobuilder
Commodore

David cgc wrote: View Post
According to Battlestar Wiki, this is the score.

Galactica [CHECK]
Viper Mark II [CHECK]
Cylon Raider [CHECK]
Ultimate Galactica [CHECK]

Colonial One [CHECK]
Raptor [MISSED IT]
Viper Mark VII [CHECK]

Raider Repaint [CHECK] (Called Scar, but actually just accurate to the show)
TOS Viper [CHECK]

Cylon Centurion figurine [MISSED IT]
TOS Raider [CHECK]
Pegasus [CHECK]

Viper Mark II Repaint [CHECK] (black, with more accurate and detailed markings)
Viper Mark VII Repaint [CHECK] (white, the exact same markings as the first Mark II, but stretched to fit)

TOS Galactica [CHECK]
Basestar (which apparently isn't actually coming out)

Additionally, there was a three-pack release of Galactica, the Mark II, and the Raptor. The Galactica had a darker paintjob and I seem to recall hearing the Mark II, while white, had more detailed markings like the black version did. The picture isn't close enough to confirm that, though).

Looks like I've just missed the RAPTOR (which I wasn't too keen on) and the CYLON CENTURION (Which didn't fit my "model" collection in the first place.)

I would like to have a freaking BASESTAR though. TOS and NuBSG if possible. Has the Basestar been confirmed as cancelled or is this just assumed?

Thank you for the list.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old October 23 2008, 01:25 AM   #12
Lookingglassman
Admiral

David Cgc, the three pack was exclusive to the Sand Diego 2007 Comic con. They usually run about 40 bucks on ebay, but I was lucky enough to snag a couple for $23.
Old October 23 2008, 02:00 AM   #13
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

The good news is Amazon carries the TOS Galactica.

The bad news is it's going for $71.

http://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Serie...4723543&sr=1-3

Frakkin' collecters.
Old October 23 2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Hopefully they get a decent number of Basestars on store shelves. There are still plenty of ships they could make based on Battlestar Galactica, but a Basestar would be a really great high note to end the line with.

Old October 24 2008, 04:07 AM   #15
RollTheHardSix
Cadet

There is also a new "clean", more detailed, version of the new Viper Mark VII in the blue paint out there. It is painted with "2276N" on the nose and "Galactica" on the tail. It was released a few months ago.